KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Shang Chi Respect thread: Master of Kung fu

Shang Chi Respect thread: Master of Kung fu
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Anyone have the Shang chi vs Deadpool fight.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 03:31 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

quote: (post)
Originally posted by joesha28
Anyone have the Shang chi vs Deadpool fight.

They never fought, they raced motorcycles.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 04:39 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ringtones
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn shang chi is so cool he also beat paladin with easy recently he is one of the best there is

Old Post Mar 5th, 2011 11:27 PM
ringtones is currently offline Click here to Send ringtones a Private Message Find more posts by ringtones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

I am too lazy to do scans... so i did a search for you guys.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/bat...a/11309/?page=2

Look down the forums. Paladin went all hell on the Heroes for Hire, Cap and Luke, but we see Shang Chi took him out.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 04:41 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Cap liked Shangs plan as Shang asked Cap if he trusted him. As Cap held his breath as he later explained it to the Black Cat.
The plan wasn't discussed but its obvious Cap played possum as a major distraction so Shang could take advantage of Paladin(his whole intention was just capturing Cap as Shang stated it) and then Cap and Paladin switched uniforms.

Shang can make pretty good plans for sure.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 06:07 PM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

U guys really good in coming up with stuffs..
Shang jus asked Cap do u trust me... Cap said i'm not going w/o luke.. and he later enter the fray with Paladin and lost...but only becos Paladin had prep time. Why wld Cap waste time playing possum if he himself cld beat Paladin.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 04:12 AM
Daredevil1

Originally posted by joesha28
U guys really good in coming up with stuffs..
Shang jus asked Cap do u trust me... Cap said i'm not going w/o luke.. and he later enter the fray with Paladin and lost...but only becos Paladin had prep time. Why wld Cap waste time playing possum if he himself cld beat Paladin.

Trust Shang on what?

His plan of course. As later on Shang stated he knew Paladin main interest was only Cap. Shang stated this as well.

Then why would Cap tell them later on all he did was held his breath? As what he explained what he did. You can't be KO'ed and be holding your breath....not plausible. Then Shang went to him with that air mask.

Probably so Tony wouldn't find out about the switch until later since he was in Cap's uniform. Get a lead start and more importantly to hinder Paladin so Shang could get the suprise advantage on him.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Mar 10th, 2011 at 06:18 AM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 06:13 AM
Daredevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send Daredevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by Daredevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

U shld read Paladin/ Cap fight... Cap held his breathe and fought and lost.. And do u trust me question does not prove anything u suggesting. Everyone in there knew Paladin's main interest was Cap. He told them when he attacked. The plan of swapping came in later. It was not Shang's plan but Cap. "Let's get some payback". Shang's "do u trust me" from Shang was abt if Cap trust him that he's not part of Paladin's plan."

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 09:02 AM
Daredevil1

Yes Cap losing was part of the plan in which he trusted Shang. Shang even pointed out that Paladins main objective was just Cap.

Yes but when you lose you can't continuously hold your breath as he later conveyed to part of the fight. Read the whole book not just the fight scenes. Miss knight asked Cap....you switched thats impossible the gas.

And the Cap answered.......I held my breath. Implying he was never out cold to begin with as seen here. You can't be out cold and holding your breath at the same time.
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Mar 11th, 2011 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 12:59 AM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

I read the whole book... but i don't see that Cap losing was part of the plan. Cos that defies logic. Another think i have to point out was Paladin throwing Coleen Shang-chi's way. He kept his breathe still. I think we vary in opinion. But those were sweet moves on Paladin.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 08:07 AM
Daredevil1

Like I said you can't hold your breath and be out at the same time. Unless you can prove other wise by a statement in the book we have books statement and we have yours. I'll go by the books evidence.

At least that part I can agree with you. Shang did some nice moves on Paladin.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 04:03 PM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Yup it's true wat u said u can't hold ur breathe and be out at the same time... Cap was not holding his breathe..he's KOed by Paladin. That's why eventually shang-chi took Paladin mouth-piece to Cap for him to breathe and come to conscious. We have the book statement and yours too Daredevil1.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 02:39 AM
Daredevil1

Cap was holding his breath and then Shang gives him air mask to breath.

Its true that's why Cap stated he held his breath. Shang giving him something to use to breath since there is gas helps more since Cap was as he stated, "I held by breath."

He held his breath. Evidence 1.....you none. smile I must say if the writer had not had Cap say that.......then you would be right but thats not the case here.

Last edited by Daredevil1 on Mar 12th, 2011 at 06:54 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 06:44 AM
Deadline

^ I'm pretty sure Cap said he held his breath after the event indicating he wasn't Koed.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 11:47 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Daredevil1

Originally posted by Deadline
^ I'm pretty sure Cap said he held his breath after the event indicating he wasn't Koed.

Yup.

Heck I don't mind Cap losing John Steele recently defeated Cap straight up in Secret Avengers. But Paladin did not.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2011 02:32 PM
Dream Stuff

Old Post May 1st, 2012 08:27 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote