KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Civil War Report

Civil War Report
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (258): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

Civil War Report

FROM THE LATEST ISSUE OF WIZARD

1) Which pair of heroes will join the Fantastic Four after Civil War?
A) Luke Cage and Jessica Jones
B) Human Galactus and Silver Surfer
C) Storm and Black Panther
D) She-Hulk and Hawkeye

Wizard’s Note from Mark Millar: “The FF actually hired Cage to guard the Fantasticar? That’s brilliant, but I think he and Jessica have their hands full with their little devil (Jessica just gave birth to Cage’s kid). Now Shulkie and Hawkeye, they can’t really be as busy as two cosmic characters and the leaders of an African nation.”

My thoughts: My money’s on She-Hulk and Hawkeye. I’ll get into the details later – see my comments on question #5. I’m about 50% sure.

2) Which character willingly reveals their secret identity to the world during Civil War?
A) Spider-man
B) Spider-woman
C) Daredevil
D) Iron Man

Wizard’s Note from Mark Millar: “Tough one. I’m reminded of those old DC ‘Invasion’ ads from the 80’s where they asked, ‘Who is secretly a Manhunter Robot? Lois Lane? Perry White? Or that new guy at the Daily Planet who acts kind of suspicious? Guess carefully, readers.’”

My thoughts: I’m 100%, no 200% sure it’s Spider-man. I’ve been following this one closely, and Marvel has dropped so many little hints about this one, it’s not even funny. Again, I’ll get into more detail later (see question #10).

3) Which hero will choose retirement over registration as a result of the events happening in Civil War?
A) Iron Fist
B) Firestar
C) Falcon
D) Wonder Man

Wizard’s Note from Mark Millar: “The moment the Absorbing Man shows up and says he’s going to give me a colonoscopy with that wrecking ball, I’d be off like a shot. Similarly, I can see why this character would just quit because the heroes go through sh-- you wouldn’t believe in this series.”

My thoughts: I have no idea on this one. It’s anybodies guess.

4) Which hero is arrested during Civil War?
A) Captain America
B) Punisher
C) Iron Man
D) Nick Fury

WNFMM: “This is the defining moment of the whole series. The main arrest is probably the best scene in the book and should hopefully have everyone talking. There’s a few scenes in this book people will take to their graves – this is one of them.”

MT: It won’t be Captain America. From what I can tell, Cap will be leading those on the side of the government so it’s pointless to have him arrested. Nick Fury’s went underground and has been MIA for a while now. No one’s really sure where he is, but I don’t think it’s him. Punisher is a VERY high candidate in my mind, because from what I can tell Iron Man will be leading those against the government and although he could be arrested for that, the arrest sounds like it happens early in the series which would negate the possibility of it being Stark.

5) Which two heroes will make their triumphant return in the pages of Civil War?
A) Thor
B) Captain Marvel
C) Ant-Man
D) Hawkeye

WNFMM: “Some classic Avengers are just not around anymore and I wanted to address that here. I’m an old-school fan. Growing up, I devoured all the ‘60s reprints and that should be some clue to the two big names I want back in continuity again before issue #7.”

MT: I doubt it’s Captain Marvel. I would bet on Ant-Man and Hawkeye if it weren’t for the fact I found out that during the Civil War, Thor’s hammer will come flying from space and crash into Idaho (or some other mid-western state). With that in mind, I’m betting on Hawkeye and Thor. I think Hawkeye because everyone has been raising all types of hell since he was killed off, and they also mentioned him in question #1.

6) Civil War brings out the dark side of one hero. Which one will resort to brutal torture?
A) Black Panther
B) Dr. Strange
C) Iron Man
D) Namor

WNFMM: “This guy is a badass, but we don’t always see him being the badass we want him to be. Also, he has a very strong reason for doing this as he’s been very emotionally affected by the first issue of the series. The gloves are off.”

MT: I bounced around on this for a while. At first I thought that it would be Black Panther (cause we don’t see him really throwing down like he could). Then I changed my mind to Iron Man (since he’s leading the opposition, I thought this would be him going to far cause my theory on #2 and #10). But now, I think it’s Namor. Why? Because the preview of the first issue of Civil War showed Namorita (Namor’s Cousin) fighting a villain called Nitro outside of a school. Nitro did his thing and exploded. I don’t know if Namorita survived, but dozens of kids didn’t. If she DID survive, you’d better bet that the government is gonna hold her accountable for the disaster and since she’s family that’s where Namor comes in.

7) Which hero gets beaten into a coma during Civil War?
A) Kitty Pryde
B) Human Torch
C) Spider-woman
D) Shang-Chi

WNFMM: “The Marvel heroes are cool guys, but people don’t think so anymore after the opening scene of our first issue, and they’re now being hounded like they’re Henry McCoy. This character is heading for a nightclub and a big night out when a mob turns very, very, ugly.”

MT: Out of those four people, the Torch is the only one that likes to go out clubbing a lot. On top of that, unlike everyone else on the list, the general public knows who he is out of costume. He has no secret ID. The publics going to be hot over the incident with the kids, and take it out on him, and he won’t be able to defend himself w/o hurting innocents. With Johnny in a coma, I’ll say that the Invisible Woman is going to be against the bill, and Reed Richards has already stated that he will support it. The fact that Reed has been keeping this whole “Illuminati” thing a secret from his wife is what’s going to cause them to split up.

8) Which surprise character will join the Avengers at the end of Civil War?
A) Speedball
B) Ares
C) Iron Fist
D) Hyperion (Squadron Supreme)

WNFMM: “I really want to shake the teams up a little. It’s just fun to play around with the dynamics and the fact that our series splits the Marvel U. right down the middle gives us an opportunity to have alliances we’ve never really seen before. Will this even be confined to the Marvel Universe or will Squadron Supreme somehow be involved? Three bucks is worth paying to find out.”

MT: No idea

9) Which team will be reformed as a result of Civil War?
A) The Champions
B) Alpha Flight
C) X-Force
D) West Coast Avengers

WNFMM: “Maybe all of the above. The big plan is to open up the Marvel Universe in a way you’ve never really seen before. By Christmas, they’re going to be living and we’re going to be working in a very different and very exciting new place. New teams, new characters and the return of all your old favorites.”

MT: Again, no idea.

10) Which character will switch sides during Civil War?
A) Mr. Fantastic
B) Spider-man
C) Wolverine
D) Invisible Woman

WNFMM: “The thing to remember about this series is that it’s the most difficult decision any of these people have ever made. They’re fighting their own brothers and sisters here, and they’re going to change their mind sometimes. When you’re looking down at your half-dead best friend and see his blood on your knuckles, it’s going to make you pause for thought. Nothing is as it seems in this series right up to the last page.”

MT: Spider-man! No if’s and’s or but’s! Marvel’s been hyping this up saying that Spider-man was going to make a decision that would forever alter his life. They’ve also been saying that Spidey feels a debt of gratitude to Iron Man for everything he’s done for him lately (new costume, a job, a place to live, making him his “apprentice”, etc), but during the war how far will Spidey go in his loyalty to repay Stark for all he’s done. Then they started saying that one of their most iconic characters, who also has a monthly book, will reveal their secret identity to the world in Civil War issue #2. Lastly, many of the posters for Civil War have Spider-man in the center; on one half he’s wearing his old costume and is near Captain America, on the other side he’s in his new costume and is standing with Iron Man. Without a doubt, he will reveal his secret in Civil War #2.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 04:32 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

wow some interesting points there. However there is a mistake in the answers, Iron-man is pro-registration, cap is against it.

As for the question about the teams reforming, my money's on West coast avengers or alpha flight (cos Bendis will regret screwing with the fans emotions)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 04:42 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Dude, I agree entirely... I think the team they bring back could be the West Coast Avengers as I saw something about them!

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 04:45 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

1. D seems likely to me (maybe replacing Sue and Johnny?)

2. I'm going with the surprise and say Iron Man. Being pro registration he might opt to set the example by going public.

3. No clue

4. I'd say A. It would make a fairly dramatic scene to see Cap be led away in handcuffs for opposing the law.

5. Thor and Hawkeye

6. I'm thinking Namor. His cousin was killed and he is pretty pissed off about what the Illuminati did to the Hulk.

7. The Torch would make sense for the reasons stated.

8. Not sure but I have heard Ares' named mentioned.

9. I'm thinking it's the WCA. Maybe either Cap or Iron Man will start it as a rival group to which ever one mantains control of the currrent Avengers

10. B or D

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 05:34 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

"6) Civil War brings out the dark side of one hero. Which one will resort to brutal torture?
A) Black Panther
B) Dr. Strange
C) Iron Man
D) Namor

WNFMM: “This guy is a badass, but we don’t always see him being the badass we want him to be. Also, he has a very strong reason for doing this as he’s been very emotionally affected by the first issue of the series. The gloves are off.”

MT: I bounced around on this for a while. At first I thought that it would be Black Panther (cause we don’t see him really throwing down like he could). Then I changed my mind to Iron Man (since he’s leading the opposition, I thought this would be him going to far cause my theory on #2 and #10). But now, I think it’s Namor. Why? Because the preview of the first issue of Civil War showed Namorita (Namor’s Cousin) fighting a villain called Nitro outside of a school. Nitro did his thing and exploded. I don’t know if Namorita survived, but dozens of kids didn’t. If she DID survive, you’d better bet that the government is gonna hold her accountable for the disaster and since she’s family that’s where Namor comes in."

PleaseletitbeNamor PleaseletitbeNamor PleaseletitbeNamor PleaseletitbeNamor

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 05:43 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

You want Namor to go evil? Actually, he could be pretty cool as a real bad guy... I realkly need to learn about him, he only ever appears in FF Sdventures in England and in gay ass classic stories with him watching underwater TVs and filming the F4 in a movie with death traps...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 05:46 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
"6) Civil War brings out the dark side of one hero. Which one will resort to brutal torture?
A) Black Panther
B) Dr. Strange
C) Iron Man
D) Namor

MT: I bounced around on this for a while. At first I thought that it would be Black Panther (cause we don’t see him really throwing down like he could). Then I changed my mind to Iron Man (since he’s leading the opposition, I thought this would be him going to far cause my theory on #2 and #10). But now, I think it’s Namor. Why? Because the preview of the first issue of Civil War showed Namorita (Namor’s Cousin) fighting a villain called Nitro outside of a school. Nitro did his thing and exploded. I don’t know if Namorita survived, but dozens of kids didn’t. If she DID survive, you’d better bet that the government is gonna hold her accountable for the disaster and since she’s family that’s where Namor comes in."

PleaseletitbeNamor PleaseletitbeNamor PleaseletitbeNamor PleaseletitbeNamor

laughing

Let us all hope thumb up
But that does bring up the question of who he'll torture, now doesn't it shifty

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 05:58 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sounds like Stark may get his ass handed to him, again.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:12 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Spidey'll probably beat Stark in the end, tobe honest...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:16 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by TheKahn
laughing

Let us all hope thumb up
But that does bring up the question of who he'll torture, now doesn't it shifty

Wolverine.

Oh please let it be Wolverine.

Please, God.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:16 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually, now that I think about it, didn't Speedball say to start the attack?

I just thought of Namor killing Speedball, slow. evil face

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:23 PM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Hmmm.... LOL, what about Namor torturing me for endlessly winding him up about being Spock-ish?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:35 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Wolverine.

Oh please let it be Wolverine.

Please, God.

We can only hope...

Originally posted by Knightfall93
Hmmm.... LOL, what about Namor torturing me for endlessly winding him up about being Spock-ish?

Some people never learn no expression

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:09 PM
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Trollin trollin trollin

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:12 PM
Disappear

it's just a hunch, but i'm thinking iron fist will be the one to quit the biz. he's already "quit" once before, and since there's a heroes for hire series (at least a three-issue mini) coming out just for civil war... just a hunch. hate to see it happen, but still. i also think it's possible he'd be the one to join the avengers, considering the old dynamic with cage. so, i guess i've got no real ideas.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:41 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by willRules
wow some interesting points there. However there is a mistake in the answers, Iron-man is pro-registration, cap is against it.

Yup.

I believe at first, Spidey will be pro-registration, because he'll feel he owes a debt to Tony. Then, maybe or maybe not after he has revealed his identity (which he shouldn't, because the Peter we all know and love would never do such a thing), he will switch sides to the one his heart follows, anti-registration.

There will be an ensuing fight between him and Iron Man, possibly leading to a climactic end in which Spidey pummels Stark, wearing the good ole' red and blue.

Just my two cents. wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:13 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can he really pull off a win against Stark? I mean, though Millar is the one writing it, I doubt it's gonna happen.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:18 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Can he really pull off a win against Stark? I mean, though Millar is the one writing it, I doubt it's gonna happen.

spidey couldn't, but Iron-spidey stands a fair chance. the upgrades are really gonna come in handy..............

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:35 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Thunderstrike

Originally posted by willRules
spidey couldn't, but Iron-spidey stands a fair chance. the upgrades are really gonna come in handy..............

yes

Wouldn't it be awesome, though, if during the climax of the fight, he makes his suit look like the red & blue, and when it's over, Spidey is standing over Iron Man, wearing classic colors.

Now that would be freakin cool. cool

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 09:44 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jacobo0o

hey any of u guys know which side black bolt and inhumans are??
all i see is black bolt point

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 11:14 PM
jacobo0o is currently offline Click here to Send jacobo0o a Private Message Find more posts by jacobo0o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote