KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Civil War Report

Civil War Report
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (258): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black Adam
it's not going to.

it's going to be it's own separate event.
Planet Hulk on the other hand...It's rumored that it will tie into civil war at the end (at which point I expect the Hulk to return and kill everyone just for launching him off into space).

Hey, since Spidey reveals his secret ID in issue #2, maybe it's because Tony talks him into it...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 07:44 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Blood_Rayne
Namor's cousin

Actually, a clone of his cousin. Still a cousin in a way...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 08:08 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I still think Stark's going to become pro-registration, with Spidey following him... for a while...

And then, in the climactic end, Spidey goes to the anti- side, fights Iron Man, beats him, yada yada yada.

It would be cool, though. cool

By the way, isn't it basically confirmed that Stark is pro- and Cap is anti-?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 08:50 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MuffinmanMike

Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Planet Hulk on the other hand...It's rumored that it will tie into civil war at the end (at which point I expect the Hulk to return and kill everyone just for launching him off into space).

Hey, since Spidey reveals his secret ID in issue #2, maybe it's because Tony talks him into it...

Technically it already has. The Illuminati are the ones responsible for sending him to "Planet Hulk" in the first place.

quote:

By the way, isn't it basically confirmed that Stark is pro- and Cap is anti-?

Basically? Literally. Iron Man said to the Illuminati and Spidey "They have a good point."
He tried to argue it at first, but it's pretty clear Tonys starting to doubt his stance.

As for Spidey beating Iron Man, as I see it Spidey beats IM without the armor. Just uses his speed and agility to get close to Iron Man before he can set up a forcefield, whips off the helm and takes him down.

Maybe Tony takes the loss at first, then hits a button, and a rock starts vibrating and sparking...a rock where the Iron Spidey costume is hidden, showing that Tony had rigged it "just in case".

Last edited by MuffinmanMike on Apr 4th, 2006 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 09:03 PM
MuffinmanMike is currently offline Click here to Send MuffinmanMike a Private Message Find more posts by MuffinmanMike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

i guess nobody read the extremis arc. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: tony's armor is biologically a part of him now. the under-suit is literally within his body and comes out with a mental command. and, since the suit is mentally interfaced with stark, it's basically an extension of his body now. thus, after positioning the actual armoring of the suit thanks to a single thought and vectored repulsors, he's basically free to do whatever the **** he wants at the very instant he decides he wants to. also, i believe his natural strength and reflexes have been enhanced.

if there's a fight between spidey and stark, it won't be like the fight between namor and stark.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:41 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by BlaqChaos

Civil War will be long over by the time Hulk gets back. Would have made for a cool moment though.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 02:59 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
..:Sn0w:..

Originally posted by Disappear
i guess nobody read the extremis arc. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: tony's armor is biologically a part of him now. the under-suit is literally within his body and comes out with a mental command. and, since the suit is mentally interfaced with stark, it's basically an extension of his body now. thus, after positioning the actual armoring of the suit thanks to a single thought and vectored repulsors, he's basically free to do whatever the **** he wants at the very instant he decides he wants to. also, i believe his natural strength and reflexes have been enhanced.

if there's a fight between spidey and stark, it won't be like the fight between namor and stark.

So then how did Namor rip his mask off?

Must have happend before that then.

Thats a real cool feature to his armor now.

I like how Spider-Man's suit is like that too.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 03:20 AM
..:Sn0w:.. is currently offline Click here to Send ..:Sn0w:.. a Private Message Find more posts by ..:Sn0w:.. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

since that fight happened prior to hulk being sent away, and extremis (as far as i know) falls after/during that time, i'd say that's probably it. there's an image of tony's new armor set-up on one of the joe q's at newsarama.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 05:27 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ra˙ne
Dark Queen

And for the record I don't think Black Bolt was joining Iron Man I think he was giving him the finger.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 06:35 AM
Ra˙ne is currently offline Click here to Send Ra˙ne a Private Message Find more posts by Ra˙ne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

The mjolnir falling from the sky thing really got the civil war going. I hope Thor is really not far behind.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 07:02 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I was wondering the same thing.

Whoever gets Sentry gains a valuable ally. If he's involved, that is.

Is he?! confused

He is. He's on the pro-registration side(Iron man's team). I think the anti-registration team would be on a major disadvantage. The government and a team with Sentry against them. Maybe just maybe... If Thor were to come back he will be on the side of Cap. We might see a standoff between Thor and Sentry.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 07:08 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunderstrike
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really hope Thor beats Sentry's butt.

My sigs. | Slade Explained| Respect Beta Ray |Respect Thor | Sheer idiocy

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 07:32 AM
Thunderstrike is currently offline Click here to Send Thunderstrike a Private Message Find more posts by Thunderstrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Maybe... we have to see what Sentry is really is 1st. But it's sure that it will be a great battle. Cap definately need someone like Thor to even things out esp with Iron Man's team has Sentry.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 08:31 AM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Murda Mase
So then how did Namor rip his mask off?

Must have happend before that then.

Thats a real cool feature to his armor now.

I like how Spider-Man's suit is like that too.

Yes the Namor thing happened pre-EXTREMIS...

And thats why i think that Namor will get his for just allowing Tony to sink into the ocean pre Dr. Strange interveening.

And he will pay EXTREMISLY for his insolence... evil face

And Muffinmike "WTF" Spider Man with or without the Spidey Armor beating Iron Man?

WOW...

You've got a very vivid imagination... VERY.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Attachment: im_hulk2.jpg
This has been downloaded 223 time(s).

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 10:44 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

If Spidey would attack Iron Man, I bet it will be revealed that Iron Man can control the armor at will (since he made it) and take out Spider-Man with a thought.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 12:58 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

i wouldn't doubt that. reveal that tony has less-than-noble intentions, or at least secondary motives with this sort of thing. maybe that's why he's pushing for the pro-registration..? sarcasm. i don't think anything will go that far, though i do think controlling pete's armor is fully within the realm of possibility.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 05:16 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm starting to like Iron Man less lately... is that wrong?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 10:02 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Spidey revealing his identity goes against the purpose of his character, seriously, let me quote spidey himelf,"With power comes great responsibity",therefore revealing his identity will make his close family & friends more vulnerable to his villians seeing that they know who he is now & could find out as much information as they want about him. If he does reveal himself it does really contradict that quote.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 11:00 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
If Spidey would attack Iron Man, I bet it will be revealed that Iron Man can control the armor at will (since he made it) and take out Spider-Man with a thought.

I'd bet on it. thumb up

Originally posted by Maestro
Spidey revealing his identity goes against the purpose of his character, seriously, let me quote spidey himelf,"With power comes great responsibity",therefore revealing his identity will make his close family & friends more vulnerable to his villians seeing that they know who he is now & could find out as much information as they want about him. If he does reveal himself it does really contradict that quote.

Exactly. While it would be completely against his character--and I mean completely and entirely--I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decides, "Well, f*ck his character. Let him reveal his identity."

I don't know why, I'm just getting a bad feeling about it. erm

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 01:23 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by joesha28
He is. He's on the pro-registration side(Iron man's team). I think the anti-registration team would be on a major disadvantage. The government and a team with Sentry against them. Maybe just maybe... If Thor were to come back he will be on the side of Cap. We might see a standoff between Thor and Sentry.

that would be nuts ahh..go thor!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 01:41 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote