KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN Tournament: Confirmation and Discussion Thread

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN Tournament: Confirmation and Discussion Thread
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
dude, is this Zemo, with, or without the moonstones? Moonstones put him almost on Meta, maybe slightly above Meta.

You kidding? with 2 Moonstones he's easily in Herald territory

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 09:38 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That high? Damn dude. Well, current version has him stranded in the middle ages minus the stones. I had to ask about the stones, just to be sure.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 09:46 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Scoobless
Herald:

Quasar

Enhanced:

Mimic (Exiles)

Guardian

Meta:

Marvel Boy

M (Monet St. Croix)

Street Level:

Hawkeye

Ultimate Hawkeye

Switch Guardian for Pulsar (Captain Marvel)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 09:50 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

After all the fuss people made about Death Gambit being an OHK, nobody's going to object? Well, I'm grateful. It also seems Apoc gets to stay. Oh yeah, I'm rocking now. rock Happy Dance

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 09:53 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah I guess I’ll update my team since I made a lot of changes

Super Sonic
http://www.summerofsonic.com/articles/29/

Aquaman (w/ waterbearer hand)
http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums...ead.php?t=27035

Sand
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteam...es/sandman.html

Elijah Snow
http://home.earthlink.net/~rkkman/f...age/ChrSnow.htm

Swift
http://www.fortunecity.com/tatooine.../character.html

Ultimate Captain America
http://www.answers.com/topic/captain-america

Lady Shiva
http://www.legionsofgotham.org/BIOSladyshiva.html

Hmmmm though I could use a 616 Marvel character for prep intel :/

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 09:58 PM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Crap. I read up on the Venom Respect threads. Now I have a dilemma. I want to switch back to regular Venom again, but I still need a female. DAMN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION! whistle incidently, I heard Eddie Brock had access to other powers that the other venom hosts didn't get, like the ability to project the symbiote as a shield to stop bullets, etc. is that true?

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Dec 9th, 2006 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 10:07 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I think Jubilee is still up for grabs ... stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 10:17 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Talked to Howard Jones. And decided that I want Eddie Brock Venom. As for my female pick, Do I have to? sad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 10:38 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Talked to Howard Jones. And decided that I want Eddie Brock Venom. As for my female pick, Do I have to? sad

Yes.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:18 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

So should we just make a list of the characters we feel may be overly powered for the class that they are in or something?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:21 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Scoobless
So should we just make a list of the characters we feel may be overly powered for the class that they are in or something?

Only for the characters that are currently chosen by people, and list a reason why next to each name.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:29 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

After much consideration, I'm replacing Crossbones with Domino.
http://marvel.com/universe/Domino_%28Neena_Thurman%29

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:50 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Evangel94
Only for the characters that are currently chosen by people, and list a reason why next to each name.

Yeah, that's what I meant..... here goes (prepares himself to be pelted with rocks from the other participants)

stick out tongue

Enhanced:

Temugin - Mandarin's rings have always kept him well above Iron Man in terms of power ... has a ring that disintegrates matter and one that can manipulate matter

Violator - seems to be completely invulnerable

Meta:

Vixen - Far outweighs Spider-Man in powerset .... Spider-Man's powers are only a fraction of her overall abilities

Quicksilver - would pound Spider-Man into pulp inside 20 seconds

Omega Red - can drain life force

Mr Fantastic - virtually invulnerable ... should be in Enhanced Meta class

Street:

Prometheus - fine if we trim off the Superboy owning weaponry

Gambit (Death) - OHK with that poison thing

Classic Deathstroke - If the same as current is too strong for street level/immortal

Baron Zemo - he's fine if he doesn't have the moonstones

Gamora - Beyond Captain America level strength/durability

Ultimate Spider-Man - way too powerful for street

Ultimate Captain America - most KMCers agree that he's far stronger/more durable than regular Cap (has caught a large tree before)

no expression

waits for the backlash.....

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 9th, 2006 11:50 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Lol. I have 3 of these guys on my team. Let's start with the ugly one, Violator. All you have to do is rip him apart enough and blast the remains, and he goes back to hell. If you're not going to ban Spawn, you're sure as hell not going to mess with Violator. Yes, he's ****ing tough and damn hard to kill. But so's Spawn, who is a hell of a lot worse. So lay off the clown.

Omega Red is a pretty tough customer, but there are tougher guys who got picked for enhanced meta, and you should be more concerned with my giving him the carbonadium synthesizer. I don't see a problem, he's beatable and he has been beaten.

Prometheus, ok, that one is somewhat reasonable. Nerf some of his shit, but let him keep the 30+ martial artist's battle data. I'd like to have a chance of winning this.

Death Gambit is meta, first off. And there are ways to use him without OHKing people.

No, the question you should be asking is, WHY THE **** DO I HAVE DOMINO?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! laughing Am I the only one in shock that no one has contested that? IT'S ****ING DOMINO! That ***** can pretty guarantee my winning this tournament. Incidently, if no one is objecting, I'm taking AOA version of her. Gotta make sure she takes orders from Apoc.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:11 AM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Re:Temugin
I stipulated up front when I drafted him that certain uses of the rings would be prohibited by the rules. As far as being "above" Iron-Man, I'd argue that he's not. He whupped IM good in their first fight, but I'd call that a clear case of PIS/Jobbing. IM forgot half his powers and got creamed for it. They were a more even match the second time around.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:22 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

No, the question you should be asking is, WHY THE **** DO I HAVE DOMINO?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! laughing Am I the only one in shock that no one has contested that? IT'S ****ING DOMINO! That ***** can pretty guarantee my winning this tournament. Incidently, if no one is objecting, I'm taking AOA version of her. Gotta make sure she takes orders from Apoc.

You posted that while I was working on my list

stick out tongue

Yeah .... Domino should be banned ... the only reason I didn't pick Longshot is that I presumed Luck powers wouldn't be allowed as there is really no way to account for them on either side of a tourney debate.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:33 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Finally, someone gets it. I looked over the list and saw the loophole. With Domino or Longshot on your side, you can't lose with good planning. It's almost as bad as having Franklin Richards.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:37 AM
hulk10

Last edited by hulk10 on Dec 10th, 2006 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:39 AM
hulk10 is currently offline Click here to Send hulk10 a Private Message Find more posts by hulk10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

about quicksilver is not this actual version with time travel. heīs way to weak to enhanced, heīs meta, there are more guys that can beat spiderman pretty fast in here.
against the likes of venom and mr fantastic etc quicksilver is not going to beat them easily, i donīt even know if he can, they canīt touch him, but his punches wonīt do must damage to them.

and you have a telepath in meta level, we should be complaining

About the others:

I think pulsar is above enhanced meta level
and i need to know more about gambit, that poison thing and all, since i donīt know that version canīt really complain.

Last edited by Loot on Dec 10th, 2006 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:44 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Loot
about quicksilver is not this actual version with time travel. heīs way to weak to enhanced, heīs meta, there are more guys that can beat spiderman pretty fast in here.
against the likes of venom and mr fantastic etc quicksilver is not going to beat them easily, i donīt even know if he can, they canīt touch him, but his punches wonīt do must damage to them.

Mr Fantastic should be in the Enhanced level as well though

Hold on ... I'm talking about superspeed Quicksilver ... was time travel Quicksilver drafted? I thought all time manipulating powers were banned from the start.

And time travel Quicksilver can beat anyone by just touching them ... total OHKO

no expression

Originally posted by Loot
and you have a telepath in meta level, we should be complaining

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 12:49 AM