KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN Tournament: Confirmation and Discussion Thread

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN Tournament: Confirmation and Discussion Thread
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Kandy

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:04 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
My enhanced Meta Characters are

Erica:http://www.geocities.com/jhaeman/Comics/spellbo.html
Mar-Vell:http://www.marvel.com/universe/Captain_Marvel_(Mar-Vell)

Do us a favour and post your whole team at the same time ... makes this part a lot easier.

thumb up

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:07 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I've got no problem with Quicksilver or Mr. Fantastic in Meta. Pietro should maybe be held back to his pre-90's levels. (Did any mutants escape the 90's without a stupid powerup? Remember when Cyclops's beam was weaker with his visor off? :sighsmile

Domino has powers? Shows ya what I know.

Is Vixen more powerful than Spidey, or just more versatile? Also, she gets her powers from an item doesn't she? Could that be taken away from her?

Ult Cap, Ult Spidey, and 70's Gamora are all definitely above Street.

Spawn can do things that break the rules, but is we simply say "He's not allowed to do that." He should be OK. He could have just as easily been a herald pick, but as he's an E-meta pick, his powers need to be within that range (Which, if fairness, they have been at some points in his career).

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:11 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Last edited by King Kandy on Dec 10th, 2006 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:17 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Titania is stronger than She Hulk ... she's easily an enhanced meta level character

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:21 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Scoobless
Titania is stronger than She Hulk ... she's easily an enhanced meta level character

For one, She-Hulk is Class 100, Titania is class 90...

Two, a criteria for Meta was that "Spider-Man could beat them". And he can most certainly beat Titania.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:23 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by King Kandy
For one, She-Hulk is Class 100, Titania is class 90...

Two, a criteria for Meta was that "Spider-Man could beat them". And he can most certainly beat Titania.

Spider-Man has fought and beaten people way out of his power league.... go back and see why we aren't allowed to draft Firelord ... same thing here.

And Titania is on a par with She Hulk (used to be stronger but She Hulk's strength has increased since then)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:33 AM
King Kandy

Spider-Man vs. Firelord wasn't just PIS, it was so PISy that it has a category all it's own. SMvFL.

Spider-Man vs. Titania is neither of those things.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:52 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I'm with Kandy. Titania is tough, but not the best fighter in the marvel-verse, and she is beatable by Spidey, mainly because he can just wear her down and dodge her attacks.

I finally came up with someone to fulfill the female requirement, Nyssa Raatko. Also known as Nyssa Al Ghul, daughter and successor of Ra's Al Ghul.

http://www.search.com/reference/Nyssa_Raatko

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Dec 10th, 2006 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 01:58 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

You're seroiusly trying to put someone stronger than Iron Man in the Spider-Man power class

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:17 AM
King Kandy

SPider-Man was able to beat her...

She only beat She-Hulk with assistence from something like five other villains.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:21 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

True. Titania is far too high level to be near Spidey's class. But dude, Titania's power is lowered to Meta levels according to Evangel's rules. So let him cheat if he wants, the rules will come back to bite him in the ass.

Btw, someone give me props for pulling out an all villain team. And for remembering Nyssa Al Ghul and finding her in less than 5 minutes of looking for a female villain at street level who wasn't taken.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:23 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Originally posted by Scoobless
Mr Fantastic should be in the Enhanced level as well though

Hold on ... I'm talking about superspeed Quicksilver ... was time travel Quicksilver drafted? I thought all time manipulating powers were banned from the start.

And time travel Quicksilver can beat anyone by just touching them ... total OHKO

no expression

what i was saying is, i don´t even know this time travel quicksilver, so no off course its not him. its normal quicksilver, he´s not a flash

Last edited by Loot on Dec 10th, 2006 at 02:33 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:31 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

King, Evangel said Erica the Spellbinder was herald level (though admittedly inexperienced) the first time you brought her up.

I am impressed though that somebody besides myself remembers that comic. It was good.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:34 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Thinking more about this, ive come to the conclusion im going to get owned in this tournament, should atleast be fun though...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:38 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

can somebody tell me if Mar-Vell is enhanced meta or moreģ?
and pulsar as well

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:39 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
Thinking more about this, ive come to the conclusion im going to get owned in this tournament, should atleast be fun though...

with thor iceman and cable? even if you loose you will certainly not be own

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:40 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Laminator_X
King, Evangel said Erica the Spellbinder was herald level (though admittedly inexperienced) the first time you brought her up.

I am impressed though that somebody besides myself remembers that comic. It was good.

All of her highest feats use the conversion rings.

In this ternament, she would be functioning purely under her own power.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:50 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Loot
can somebody tell me if Mar-Vell is enhanced meta or moreģ?
and pulsar as well

He's enhanced meta.

And I already took him.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 02:51 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
But dude, Titania's power is lowered to Meta levels according to Evangel's rules. So let him cheat if he wants, the rules will come back to bite him in the ass.

It's not cheating, it's "Playing the system"

And I'm not evil, I'm "Morally Challenged"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 03:03 AM