KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs Stormfront13 (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Typhus vs Stormfront13 (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
stormfront13

Typhus, do you know what Pulsar is capable of? she can switch in and out of forms in a nanosecond. she is already going into this battle in her power cosmic form, and none of your characters can stand up to the power cosmic unless they are herald. so, while my team is in a double force-field by mimic and vixen, prysm and Pulsar take out everyone under herald. how will your under herald team stay consious when they are hit by a full force of cosmic energy?

Also, X-force 52 vonfirms that mimics powers have grown just like thr original x-mens have, his power levels all have grown.

Your Rockslides won't do much anyway, because meltdown will be able to protect her team from that anyway. ALso, how will you avoid my rockslides. as i said in my prep time meltdown puts her time bombs all over the place, and at the beginning of the match she ignites tem all. are you aware than boomera time bombs have hurt externals, taken out Selene in one hit, and have gone through and severly hurt Fin Fan Foom. Her time bombs have actually knocked Fin Fan Foom out. so how will your team except Morg survive the assualt of meltdowns hidden time bombs, and a big assualt of power cosmic?

Last edited by stormfront13 on Dec 12th, 2006 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:21 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
At the moment I'm torn:

I'm completely unconvinced that Carnage and Co will be able to work together.

I'm also unconvinced that Stormfront's team can take out Morg the way she claims they can ... when Has Pulsar ever turned anything else intangible?

Can't vote until this is cleared up.

Nextwave confirmed that she can turn things she's touching into energy.

***Ev, i was wondering if we could ignore soljers vote when I'm in a match? he will vote against me everytime, guaranteed. this is fact.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:23 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by stormfront13
***Ev, i was wondering if we could ignore soljers vote when I'm in a match? he will vote against me everytime, guaranteed. this is fact.

Only if your opponent outdebates you which, thus far, he has. I don't see why you think I'm so biased? It's not like I'm the only one that thinks Typhus is in the lead right now. confused

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:25 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Nextwave confirmed that she can turn things she's touching into energy.

Can you show it please.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Typhus' strategy seems more solid right now...his team will work together in order to survive...even though he's using Classic Emma I believe even Current Emma would sell Cyclops down the river and work with Deadpool in order to maintain her own survival.(As Cassandra Nova pointed out) Same applies with Carnage(Although he might just end attacking everyone after this Tourney is finished), Bob Fett, Deathstroke and even Morg. If this is really a matter of life or death...then all would be willing to make compromises.

On the other side...you have Mimic with the Original X-Mens powers..but who's only able to use half of the potential(And I believe Current Mimic copied Phoenix's power so I'm not sure how that works in this Tourney)...and Vixen(With Grodds powers) which even though a good strategy(Might have worked in Batdudes Tourney for a combined Krypto + Grodd powerset) but I believe it conflicts with the last rule in this particular tourney. I mean Grodd is certainly above Meta.
Pulsar cannot compare to Morg...and I think that's what makes this fight a bit lopsided...Speed Kills and as Typhus pointed out, Morgs speed is in a total different league.

From what's shown so far...my vote goes to Typhus for now....unless Stormfront13 can come up with something to counter Morg.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Dec 12th, 2006 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:28 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by Soljer
Only if your opponent outdebates you which, thus far, he has. I don't see why you think I'm so biased? It's not like I'm the only one that thinks Typhus is in the lead right now. confused

i'm not basing it on this, it's just common knowlege that your biased against me consdiering your posts twords me

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:29 PM
stormfront13

Can you show it please.

I don't have a scanner, but it was in the newly reeleased nextwave TPB

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:29 PM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

At the moment I'm torn:

I'm completely unconvinced that Carnage and Co will be able to work together.

I'm also unconvinced that Stormfront's team can take out Morg the way she claims they can ... when Has Pulsar ever turned anything else intangible?

Can't vote until this is cleared up.

I think everyone in underestimating how resourceful Carnage is. Yes he a psychotic, murderous bastard, but he has NEVER turned down working with others when it's beneficial to him. Here痴 a scan of him making Jamason work for him. Ig he's as bad as everyone's saying he would never to something like this. Anyway, I知 looking for the one were he agrees to work with Venom, so I値l post it when I find it.

Attachment: mc1-25.jpg
This has been downloaded 71 time(s).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:31 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by ExodusCloak

On the other side...you have Mimic with the Original X-Mens powers..but who's only able to use half of the potential...and Vixen(With Grodds powers) which even though a good strategy(Might have worked in Batdudes Tourney for a combined Krypto + Grodd powerset) but I believe it conflicts with the last rule in this particular tourney. I mean Grodd is certainly above Meta.
Pulsar cannot compare to Morg...and I think that's what makes this fight a bit lopsided...Speed Kills and as Typhus pointed out, Morgs speed is in a total different league.

1) mimic can use the original x-mens powers at full potential

2) Vixen wasn't able to use Grodd's powers at full potential

3)Pulsar can go faster than the speed of light, and Prysm can go the speed of light, speeds not a problem on my team

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:32 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Typhus
I think everyone in underestimating how resourceful Carnage is. Yes he a psychotic, murderous bastard, but he has NEVER turned down working with others when it's beneficial to him. Here痴 a scan of him making Jamason work for him. Ig he's as bad as everyone's saying he would never to something like this. Anyway, I知 looking for the one were he agrees to work with Venom, so I値l post it when I find it.

I think that him teaming up with Venom would settle it.

I mean, if Carange is willing to team up with, pretty much, his MOST BITTER enemy, he'd probably be cool with teaming up with these few for survival.

Morg can always just threaten to Sentry him, if he doesn't comply, wink.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:33 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I don't have a scanner, but it was in the newly reeleased nextwave TPB

A specific issue number will be fine. (should be listed on the TPB somewhere)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:33 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

I'll resubmit after work.

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 12th, 2006 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:34 PM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

do you realize that it's more beneficial for carnage to betray his team? as it is for Morg, Emma, DP, and Deathstroke. your whole team is backstabbing lying cheats. if it's more beneficial for them to turn against their team, which it is...then they will.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:34 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Every time Carnage has worked with Venom he has tried to kill him at some point.

During Maximum Carnage he turned on his own team and even killed Doppelganger.

He escaped prison and specifically hunted down the only person who was ever his friend.

He's the worst guy I could think of to put on any team ... and he's capable of taking out half of your own team during the prep time

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:35 PM
stormfront13

A specific issue number will be fine. (should be listed on the TPB somewhere)

sorry, I don't actually have the book, i was just checkin it out for this tourney because Pulsar is in this. Also, why is everybody voting now, the debate has barely begun, and already i have no chance of winning, because it's like 5-0

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:36 PM
Loot

Iエm inclined to vote on thyphus, and the reason is: Morg.
In the rest of the team, stromfront is very good, and may pull the win, but emma frost will be a pain the ass with mind attacks, i suppose prysm is affected by telepathy.
But in the herald level, typhus seems to be some points above. and his strategy seems better, on the other hand the battle plan is and advantage to iceman.

i will wait for more replies

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:37 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by Soljer
I think that him teaming up with Venom would settle it.

I mean, if Carange is willing to team up with, pretty much, his MOST BITTER enemy, he'd probably be cool with teaming up with these few for survival.

Morg can always just threaten to Sentry him, if he doesn't comply, wink.

you do realize that's it more in character for carnage to betray his own team right?

Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

do you realize that it's more beneficial for carnage to betray his team? as it is for Morg, Emma, DP, and Deathstroke. your whole team is backstabbing lying cheats. if it's more beneficial for them to turn against their team, which it is...then they will.

Dude... that doesn't even BEGIN to make sense. Why would it be more beneficial to betray his teammates? AFTER the battle perhaps if there was something to win. Durring? No.

Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Every time Carnage has worked with Venom he has tried to kill him at some point.

During Maximum Carnage he turned on his own team and even killed Doppelganger.

He escaped prison and specifically hunted down the only person who was ever his friend.

He's the worst guy I could think of to put on any team ... and he's capable of taking out half of your own team during the prep time

True, true, but I'm a little curious as to why storm thinks it would be advantageous or beneficial for Carnage to turn on his team. He's psychotic, but he isn't stupid. He knows that Pulsar and Prysm are on the way in just a few short hours, he isn't gonna try to tangle with THEM one on one...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:38 PM
stormfront13

Originally posted by Loot
Iエm inclined to vote on thyphus, and the reason is: Morg.
In the rest of the team, stromfront is very good, and may pull the win, but emma frost will be a pain the ass with mind attacks, i suppose prysm is affected by telepathy.
But in the herald level, typhus seems to be some points above. and his strategy seems better, on the other hand the battle plan is and advantage to iceman.

i will wait for more replies

Emma is getting taken out in the first 2 seconds by meltdowns time bombs, and pulsars power cosmic attack

Old Post Dec 12th, 2006 09:40 PM