KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Eminem vs Snoop Dogg

Who?
This poll is closed.
Eminem 9 56.25%
Snoop Dogg 7 43.75%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eminem vs Snoop Dogg
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Coal
The Carbon Knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Vanilla Ice at least admits he sold out.

-AC

Good point.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 09:25 AM
Lord Coal is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Coal a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Coal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

They Both SUCK!

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 11:41 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hiphoplover8

Well, this is quite an old topic, but I listened to Malice n Wonderland from Snoop Dogg and it is a piece of art I must say. Like Rembrant, but in Music. Tho I got a suspicion that he might actually be dissing Eminem in that album. I ain't sure tho, as it seems too crazy to believe. ANyhow, if there was beef between Snoop and Eminem, I think Snoop would crush Eminem in pieces. What do you guys think, anyone who listened to Malice n Wonderland, is Snoop dissing M?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 06:42 AM
hiphoplover8 is currently offline Click here to Send hiphoplover8 a Private Message Find more posts by hiphoplover8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2pac4life

Barf Beef Snoop Eminem

Originally posted by hiphoplover8
Snoop Dogg ... might actually be dissing Eminem in that album. I ain't sure tho, as it seems too crazy to believe. ANyhow, if there was beef between Snoop and Eminem, I think Snoop would crush Eminem in pieces. What do you guys think, anyone who listened to Malice n Wonderland, is Snoop dissing M?

Yeah bro, they have a beef but few people from general public know about it. Snoop Dogg is dissing Eminem throughout the whole Malice N Wonderland album. It's a reply to Eminem's dissing in Relapse-Refill ("I don't want no doggone beef... See? Ain‘t no reason to sick the doggs on me...") which is a beef album strictly dedicated to Snoop Dogg, where even Dr. Dre is dissing Snoop Dogg (song "Hell Breaks Loose").

There is the one and only website which addresses the beef between Snoop Dogg and Eminem (that is http://www.snoopeminembeef.com ) and analyzes the lyrics. I haven't found any other website dealing with it yet.

Btw Eminem replies back to Malice n Wonderland (and to More Malice) throughout his Recovery album, most notably on the diss track "On Fire" starting with "Yesterday my dog(g) died."

Btw2 I think Snoop doesn't have a chance against Eminem. Eminem's flow is tighter than ever and he is mean and sick.

Last edited by 2pac4life on Jun 19th, 2012 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 04:57 AM
2pac4life is currently offline Click here to Send 2pac4life a Private Message Find more posts by 2pac4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cthulu48

Question I don't know if I believe in the Em vs. Snoop Beef or not, because....

I'm not sure if I believe in this cryptic belief that Eminem and Snoop Dogg are beefing.There are SOME strange lyrics that COULD be subliminal disses from Snoop and Em, but my doubt stems from this: Think about it..... Since when do THOSE 2 RAPPERS "SUBLIMINALLY" DISS ANYONE? I've heard Snoop tear apart Eazy-E, Tim Dog, Luke and Suge Knight with absolutely ruthless hatred. I've also heard Eminem rip apart Everlast, Benzino, Ja Rule, The entire Source Magazine, Mariah Carey and Insane Clown Posse and his disses are even more personal and harsh than when Snoop disses someone hard.

So, I'm thinking that if these 2 guys who don't share a record label, or really any affiliations with anyone other than Dr. Dre were beefing, we'd hear some name calling and the disses would be harsh as hell, as they have been in the past.

There's also the "Snoop Eminem Beef" homepage making wild assumptions about other rappers joining a conspiracy to subliminally diss either Snoop or Eminem, as in like, joining the fight. I've heard 100 different rappers that abbreviate the word "them" with " 'em" as a natural way of abbreviating that everyone else uses too. "Go get 'em for me" does not mean, "Go get Eminem for me." Such "evidence" is not evidence at all. it is impossible to make an entire hip-hop LP with using the abbreviation, and anyone that page hears using it alleges that they have teamed up with Snoop against Eminem. LOGIC LEAP CONSPIRACY THEORY STUFF. I think if they were beefing they would tear each other apart.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2013 02:26 AM
cthulu48 is currently offline Click here to Send cthulu48 a Private Message Find more posts by cthulu48 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NealTaylor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eminem is the best.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2013 10:00 PM
NealTaylor is currently offline Click here to Send NealTaylor a Private Message Find more posts by NealTaylor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Based on flow, charisma,and lyrical talent its gotta be shady, snoop is talented tho, but his style of slow almost "i cannot be bothered doing this right now" style puts alot of people of, but he can write classics for sure, the slim shady LP & The Marshall Mathers LP are better than anything Snoops done, apart from appearing on WWE and knockout that insignificant fat **** out that everybody hated.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2013 09:41 AM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Who said they're beefing?

Buy or Sell: Doggystyle>Any Eminem album.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2013 04:59 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomniatric
The Spider

Eminem is a much better rapper than Snoop.

Infinite destroys anything Snoop could ever hope to create.

Sig and Avatar made by Steverules_2 (Thank you!)

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 04:30 PM
Insomniatric is currently offline Click here to Send Insomniatric a Private Message Find more posts by Insomniatric Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Infinite, MMLP, SSLP and Relapse >>> anything Lyrically...Em is leaps and bounds more skilled than Snoop, has better flow, and can adapt his style and change it in many different ways.
Rock Bottom >>>> any track Snoops ever put out....easily

Old Post Nov 14th, 2013 10:10 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Doggystyle>Infinite to me.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 10:22 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

We'll have to agree to disagree then

Old Post Nov 16th, 2013 01:57 PM
dynamix

lyrically, i'd put Eminem above Snoop. Influence wise, that's another issue (VERY difficult issue) altogether.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2013 10:14 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Agree with dynamix.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2013 11:12 AM
Darth Martin

Originally posted by dynamix
lyrically, i'd put Eminem above Snoop. Influence wise, that's another issue (VERY difficult issue) altogether.
Agreed. Care to expand on the influence part?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 09:44 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Its a tough one, Snoop has amassed quite a few 'influenced' rappers such as wiz for example, lets be honest, he's never been a great rapper, he was decent back in his earlier days, but since about 09 probably earlier hes just unbearable to listen to..but the general public(teen girls, stoner teen guys, stoner teen girls, stoner men, stoner women, anything that gets high likes wiz,, and then there are the people that genuinly like him, which i respect) hes a huge star, snoop was direct influence on him you can see that by taking a glance at Wiz' artistry image and his music, he is very laid-back(either because hes always high or) because of his snoop-esque style.
Em on the other hand, um...I cant really say who he has influence directly, but his success as a white rapper(even though there were a a couple handful of white rappers before him) but none had made that transition from underground royalty, to mainstream like he has(plus he's like top 5 goat and Dre thought he was black on his mixtape) I'd like to say Em >> Snoop in being influential, but he's not, because I dont think Em had directly influenced any other artist who has been as successful as wiz.
So, based on sheer numbers Em >>> Snoop but based on who has directly influenced another artist that is hugely popular and sells a ton of records consistently, it goes to snoop.

Thats probably only cos Em is white tho, which is quite a sensible argument, because even today, the number of black rappers outweighs the number of white rappers by a large margin.
Well, technically Em closes that gap because hes literally the biggest selling rapper of all time and biggest selling artist of the past decade and a half.

But yeah.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2013 10:55 AM
Darth Martin

Marshall played a significant role in 50 Cent getting big.

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Its a tough one, Snoop has amassed quite a few 'influenced' rappers such as wiz for example, lets be honest, he's never been a great rapper.
No one had a better flow than '92-'93 Snoop.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 04:32 AM
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Marshall played a significant role in 50 Cent getting big.

No one had a better flow than '92-'93 Snoop.

Em never Influenced Curtis tho, he just signed him...

Snoop had nothing on Rakim. Ever

Old Post Dec 7th, 2013 12:45 PM
dynamix

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Agreed. Care to expand on the influence part?

Snoop, i feel, influenced the game not just his lyrical attributes but his whole style. I don't think its a stretch to say that he's a major contribution to the 90's west coast rap scene. More so than NWA before him, i think he brought a respectable level of lyricism to the west coast. As u alluded earlier, nobody was effing with snoops 93/94 flow, though subjective at it is, it did have that nonchalant fluid, laid back flow that went to influence cats kurupt, DJ quick and a host of other West Coast rappers. And along with other Death Row member, he help make record label more than faceless establishments. It became a "gang" of sort, which is still going on today with label/crew such as Young Money, Maybach and Good Music.

And eminem influence rivals snoop in that he gave birth to something very very popular at the moment: Battle Rap. Not just freestyle battle rap but written ones. Leagues like URL, King of the Dot and Grindtime has influx of rappers who model their whole style from eminem multi-syllabic-heavy-rhyming mechanics. I think he help contributed to lyricism and the fact that every top tier emcee respects him can attest to his level of influence. Joe Budden, who's known for outlandish, often arrogant, claim even went on record saying Eminem is one guy whom he would not want to see in a battle, lol. So from commerical guys to underground heads, love him or hate him, his influence is definitely there, imo.

Last edited by dynamix on Dec 8th, 2013 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2013 04:07 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Hmm, good points.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2013 02:20 AM