KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » post-civil war Fantastic Four team revealed

post-civil war Fantastic Four team revealed
Started by: stormfront13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Why does the link in the first post lead to a site that says "Classified Information," and does not show in any way a new F4 line-up?

Because looks like that information was supposed to be classified and someone let it out. Can you say oops!

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:07 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

HA! it did show a cover of Storm, Black Panther, Human Torch and Thing all together. However, the site took it down now.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:13 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by King_Mungi
HA! it did show a cover of Storm, Black Panther, Human Torch and Thing all together. However, the site took it down now.

Okay. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:54 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by Gregory
I don't get what Marvel's thinking, here.

Now, I'm not a huge Marvel fan, and my FF knowledge is pitiful, but it seems to me that some teams can change members, and some teams just can't. X-Men, JLA, Avengers, Defenders, JSA ... they've been gaining and losing members since they were first introduced. You want to remove two members from the X-Men and replace them with two new members, and nobody will give a damn. Same with all the others.

But that Fantastic Four? The Fantastic Four are Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, and Thing. Everybody knows this. I've never picked up an issue of Fantastic Four in my life, and I know their roster. There's litchen on Mars that knows the Fantastic Four's roster. They're not like the X-Men or the Avengers, where you can alter their roster and nobody cares. They're iconic.

Well, that's how it seems to me. I don't know what Marvel is thinking.

You kinda just answered your own question. Marvel is thinking "If we change the line up of the FF, people like Gregory will be sooo shocked, it's more likely to give us greater publicity and in turn greater sales. Then several months later (At the very, very most) we will bring Reed and Sue back."

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising or condoning the new line up, I want to see what the storyline is like first. If it's anything like civil war itself then it should be good for a week or 10. smile

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 10:45 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by willRules
You kinda just answered your own question. Marvel is thinking "If we change the line up of the FF, people like Gregory will be sooo shocked, it's more likely to give us greater publicity and in turn greater sales. Then several months later (At the very, very most) we will bring Reed and Sue back."

Don't get me wrong I'm not criticising or condoning the new line up, I want to see what the storyline is like first. If it's anything like civil war itself then it should be good for a week or 10. smile

thumb up

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 10:51 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Bah, they took out the two interesting characters.

I'd rather see Sue, Reed, Storm and T'Challa, even if it could potentially turn into the double date team.

Maybe we'd get lucky enough to see some swinging action.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 11:07 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Bah, they took out the two interesting characters.

I'd rather see Sue, Reed, Storm and T'Challa, even if it could potentially turn into the double date team.

Maybe we'd get lucky enough to see some swinging action.

laughing

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 12:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S-Ranger

Ewwww sucky what's Doom going to do now when BP gets royally owned or hands out some owning himself to Doom via Wakanda.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 12:52 AM
S-Ranger is currently offline Click here to Send S-Ranger a Private Message Find more posts by S-Ranger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by S-Ranger
Ewwww sucky what's Doom going to do now when BP gets royally owned or hands out some owning himself to Doom via Wakanda.

For some reason, I'm getting a kick out of imagining Doom trying to awkardly interact with them as if he's never seen a black person before.

Errr... can Doom touch your hair? Haha, it's like wool! Doom is tickled!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:04 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
For some reason, I'm getting a kick out of imagining Doom trying to awkardly interact with them as if he's never seen a black person before.

...and then everyone beats the writer to death.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:52 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

laughing

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 07:35 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by grey fox
...and then everyone beats the writer to death.

The writer is my imagination and it knows no bounds.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:30 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 08:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

The writer is my imagination and it knows no bounds.

Then you'll be lobotomised , sorry swank but DOOM (Bah) may NEVER be reduced to Comedic Side-character !

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 09:49 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by marvelprince
Storm is not a weakling. I'll let some Storm fans educate you here but just cause she can't make shields doesn't make her weak. She's definitely more powerful than Crystal and she was on the FF.

Um, No no expression

Crystal can control all elements

Which means the weather as well as environmental manipulation

Crystal also isn't an annoying ***** like Storm wink

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:24 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by marvelprince
Actually Panther is very resourceful. He's beaten the Fantastic Four on his own before. Plus Storm is hella powerful when she cuts loose. Implying that the team is weak (or stupid) portrays a lack of knowledge about the characters

Storm isn't going to do **** to someone like Doom or Annihilus no expression

Panther also, isn't nearly as resourceful or as smart as Reed

So yeah, its just going to be Thing and Torch fighting while Panther tells everyone why he's cool because he's black and Storm will just be a *****

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:29 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Man Grimm really not feelin the panther love flowin from you.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 11:34 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

Originally posted by Grimm22
Storm isn't going to do **** to someone like Doom or Annihilus no expression

apparentlly you didn't see the fight where storm knocked doom on his ass

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:59 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by stormfront13

Didn't she only short out the glove of his robot after going on a power boosting freak out?
Originally posted by grey fox
Then you'll be lobotomised , sorry swank but DOOM (Bah) may NEVER be reduced to Comedic Side-character !

That's why it's so funny. Nobody ever said anything about putting it in a comic.

Last edited by Doctor-Alvis on Dec 17th, 2006 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:27 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by stormfront13

Hudlin's interpretation of Doom was as accurate as JMS's interpretation of Gwen Stacey roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 09:01 PM