KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » New Forum: Gaming/Hobby

Yay or Nay
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yay 31 70.45%
Nay 13 29.55%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

New Forum: Gaming/Hobby
Started by: Mišt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

Arrow <- New Forum ->

Copy/pasted cause there's a couple people interested so what the hell...

I dont know what it would be called because it could either be a Warhammer forum, or a Hobby/Game forum/subforms or whatever can be done, post stuff and see what you can come up with

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mišt
So...just throwing this out there...but occasionally I pm WrathfulDwarf to talk about Warhammer stuff, and then when I think of making a thread, theres no real place to put it. Its a game, but it doesnt fit into the Video/Computer game forum, I could make a thread in OTF but it would get trashed and die, plus theres too much to fit into one thread really and noone there would be interested in serious discussion, where would I make one?

So what I want to put forward, is a...I dont know what you call it...Tabletop Strategy Games forum? War Games forum? WD probably knows what they are, but it could cover everything, not just Warhammer. And also seeing as he is into it and knows the info, maybe he could mod? Up to him of course but I just want to put it forward.

Theres plenty of content for it too, I dont play any non-Games Workshop games but even within just that area theres what, 3 'Rules and Questions' threads already for each of the games, maybe a FAQ thread or official thread for each army....thats about...some 20 threads already, maybe a Official White Dwarf thread to talk about the magazine issues....can combine it into a VS forum as well, but with an actual point, so for example, thread: 'Space Marines vs Chaos', then people could list their armies of what they have, and people could run through different tactics, or make up a static list for each army and people could debate on who would win with those particular units....I dont know, but you get my point, it is all relevant outside the forum as well, I mean these are real battles and games people can play offline so the info would be used and collaborated amongst us.

But yeah the content is there, Im pretty sure theres about 4 people on the boards already who play, that doesnt sound like a lot but you never know who might be interested, people might be into it but not mention it online, Im not sure...but it would give people a chance to talk about it. Even if it was just a Warhammer forum, and then 1 subforum which combines every other war game...LOTR strategy game wouldnt be big enough to last by itself I dont think...

I dunno, thoughts?confused

Reply, build on, throw in some ideas, whatever, Im going to bed now sleep

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:45 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I hate nay sayers...all evil bitches.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 02:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 03:41 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

54 views and 9 votes

You people suck

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:40 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

54 views and 9 votes

You people suck

maybe it's the same person viewing it 10 times.
I walked into one of the stores selling the warhammer stuff, asked for paint and the guy goes one about every detail of the game. I was afraid and walked out the store. I was noob'd!!!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:18 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

54 views and 9 votes

You people suck
*laughs at you*

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:27 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I think it's a nice idea.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:32 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by BakaXero
maybe it's the same person viewing it 10 times.
I walked into one of the stores selling the warhammer stuff, asked for paint and the guy goes one about every detail of the game. I was afraid and walked out the store. I was noob'd!!!

Stores in Australia?

You jest.

Edit: Voted yay.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Last edited by Barker on Dec 17th, 2006 at 06:22 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:18 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

*voted Yay*

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 06:21 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

much lub 2 u all cept thornz

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:26 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Would be cool,
It could possibly be part or the Role playing forum, and it could be expanded to all sorts of table-top games, and Rping development and stuff
I know you could get some interest in the regular RP forums.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 07:29 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I voted "Nay"... Doesn't really interest me in the slightest.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 02:45 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

much lub 2 u all cept thornz
i hatz u kbai

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:42 PM
Peach
mordrem

I voted yay, I think it sounds like a neat idea, and even if it wasn't something that interested me, it still wouldn't hurt or bother me in the least if it was created.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:52 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by §P0oONY
I voted "Nay"... Doesn't really interest me in the slightest.

And your reasoning for voting against it was?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:56 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Shouldn't this be another sub forum for the Video game forum lol trying to give poor lana more work =O *votes yay*

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:01 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It's not video game related, though.

There's plenty more to gaming than just video games.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:03 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Originally posted by Lana
It's not video game related, though.

There's plenty more to gaming than just video games.
I know, it is board games and stuff though. I said Sub forum in the video game forum. Still would be seperate, I mean a whole forum for this? I don't think it will get to much replies and would be better off as a sub forum.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:05 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Ricodrayz
I know, it is board games and stuff though. I said Sub forum in the video game forum. Still would be seperate, I mean a whole forum for this? I don't think it will get to much replies and would be better off as a sub forum.

If it's a subforum of the VG forum it would by definition NOT be seperate from the VG forum, and it doesn't make sense to put something that's not video game-related as a subforum of the VG forum.

And I think you'd be surprised how many people are on here that would likely be interested in such a forum if it existed. I don't play Warhammer or something but I DO like gaming quite a lot (and would be much happier if any of my friends did as well), and I'd be willing to bet there's a lot of other people on here that may not see this thread due to never visiting N&Q that would be interested in such a forum.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:11 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I' m of the opinion that the creation of new forums should be based on a reasonable amount of already existing threads instead of on support.

48 members voted in favour of the History Forum. However, those 48 members who would actively participate in the forum seem to have vanished in thin air.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:15 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote