KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » New Forum: Gaming/Hobby

Yay or Nay
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yay 31 70.45%
Nay 13 29.55%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

New Forum: Gaming/Hobby
Started by: Mišt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Storm
I don' t see why they couldn' t fit into the GDF as a starter.

So new forums can' t be located in Miscellaneous because, although the interest was there, it supposedly wouldn' t be accessible because they are too lazy to scroll down the page.

Because no one there is interested in it? But hey we can try it, you know the last time it just lead to people creating a few History related topics in the GDF to get support.

No, I didn't say they can't, I just said they won't get as much traffic as they could. Which is true.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 05:15 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

raz should make a forum called catfish. Vote yes to give it a try, if it fails then it fails. The forum could go deep in catfish legacy, and new species of cat fish.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 05:26 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ricodrayz
raz should make a forum called catfish. Vote yes to give it a try, if it fails then it fails. The forum could go deep in catfish legacy, and new species of cat fish.

Funny.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 05:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Originally posted by Syren
Voted yay, although I'm not a Warhammer fan. I think there are enough people interested to warrant such a subforum. It doesn't capture my interest in the way that other forums do but I don't think that's a valid reason to vote against.

If you read on. I continued with my reasoning....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 05:34 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I think we shouldn't be making forums just because there is 'support' for them. As Storm has probably already said there was a lot of support for the history forum too and that isn't really bursting with activity.

I'm not against new forums per se I'm just saying that I think they should be based on an amount of threads about a subject rather than just putting up a poll. To me contributing in ways of threads and -useful- replies shows more support to a forum then just clicking 'yes' in a poll.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:23 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Originally posted by Bardock42
Funny.
I know, reading all your posts over the months and all, something must of rubbed off.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:16 PM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Originally posted by Fire
I think we shouldn't be making forums just because there is 'support' for them. As Storm has probably already said there was a lot of support for the history forum too and that isn't really bursting with activity.

I'm not against new forums per se I'm just saying that I think they should be based on an amount of threads about a subject rather than just putting up a poll. To me contributing in ways of threads and -useful- replies shows more support to a forum then just clicking 'yes' in a poll.
lol well if some no body suggested this idea, I doubt people would care and would not support it as much. Most reponses is

"I am not into it but I will support it"

LOL

People wante dit to be a whole forum when at best it could be a subforum.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:18 PM
Diamonds
I'm Special.

Voted yay - I don't see how it could bother anyone, and I might check it out since I'm not really a video gamer (Harry Potter and the Sims 2 is about all I play on stick out tongue), so it would be cool to see somewhere to talk about things that aren't just video games; so it will be for board games and any other kind of game (say...charades?)?

http://sweetaslemons.deviantart.com/

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:54 PM
Diamonds is currently offline Click here to Send Diamonds a Private Message Find more posts by Diamonds Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Raz
If you can get support for a forum, in the form of a poll, then I guess we could look into creating a dedicated form.

That's what was proposed, so that's what was done.

The History forum for example, even if a new forum wasnt made for it, the threads could still have been kept in the GDF, for general discussion. This topic doesnt suit the GDF. And I dont see a point in spamming the GDF with new Warhammer threads just to get a new forum made, people will start bitching about it because it doesnt
belong in there to start with.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:35 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Originally posted by Mišt

The History forum for example, even if a new forum wasnt made for it, the threads could still have been kept in the GDF, for general discussion. This topic doesnt suit the GDF. And I dont see a point in spamming the GDF with new Warhammer threads just to get a new forum made, people will start bitching about it because it doesnt

I would say quite true that this would not go in any availiable forum

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 03:31 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I know what Raz his policy is, I just don't agree with him on it.

I don't see why Warhammer or any other topic does not suit the GDF. That's a matter of opinion imo. Plus I never said people should start to spam GDF with threads to get a new forum. Yes this would probably be the result of my policy, but that's because people would abuse the policy. I think no one should make threads to get a new forum. Threads should be made because they want to talk about something they are interested in. If after a while it appears that there are quite a few active threads about a topic this could lead to a separate forum. But of course this is only my opinion and Raz is still the boss.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 10:06 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Those throwing out D&D as an example for this nidea are being a bit weird. D&D isn't a hobbyist miniatures game, it is an RP game, it can be and has been discussed in the RP area we have.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 01:09 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I know what Raz his policy is, I just don't agree with him on it.

I don't see why Warhammer or any other topic does not suit the GDF. That's a matter of opinion imo. Plus I never said people should start to spam GDF with threads to get a new forum. Yes this would probably be the result of my policy, but that's because people would abuse the policy. I think no one should make threads to get a new forum. Threads should be made because they want to talk about something they are interested in. If after a while it appears that there are quite a few active threads about a topic this could lead to a separate forum. But of course this is only my opinion and Raz is still the boss.

Make your own forum, I'd join stick out tongue

And those who are voting no, where's your Christmas spirit? Selfish blighters

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 04:05 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I'm not making my own forum I have everything I need right here and at the other forums (only 2) I'm a member off.

Ush is right about D&D: yes they have made a miniature game out of it but the core is an RPG. You can discuss that in the RP forum without anyone nagging to you about it. We will even participate in the thread. But if you really want to talk about D&D or any other WOTC products I'd advise you to join the WOTC boards. They're filled with RPG and miniature freaks (like me eek! )

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:09 PM
Null

So if I make a thread on Twister, or Dominos, how much pages will that get before it dies. I think their will be 5 actaive threads and teh rest die before it is created. Like you could see the people that vote yes said they don't even like the games but just said yes for support =O

Old Post Dec 19th, 2006 05:14 PM
Hazardous

So if I make a thread on Twister, or Dominos, how much pages will that get before it dies. I think their will be 5 actaive threads and teh rest die before it is created. Like you could see the people that vote yes said they don't even like the games but just said yes for support =O

Yeah but, who the hell is gonna make threads about Twister or Dominos?
Didnt you read the first post? Its not about card games or that type of gaming. So far I've only proposed for the tabletop type of games but if someone wants other types of games then put it forward

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 12:07 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

Yeah but, who the hell is gonna make threads about Twister or Dominos?
Didnt you read the first post? Its not about card games or that type of gaming. So far I've only proposed for the tabletop type of games but if someone wants other types of games then put it forward
I think this would make a good subforum somewhere lol not a whole forum. But no one wants it in the videogame forum. sad

Video game forum...
Sub forum- VS games
Sub forum 2- not video games but games.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 12:08 AM
Bardock42

I think this would make a good subforum somewhere lol not a whole forum. But no one wants it in the videogame forum. sad

Video game forum...
Sub forum- VS games
Sub forum 2- not video games but games.

Because that is idiotic reasoning. You don't make cheese a cheddar subforum.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 10:42 AM
Syren
dreaming

Well said B! But I don't know if many people will understand that comparison

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 11:59 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Syren
Well said B! But I don't know if many people will understand that comparison

Well, it is not quite accurate, but close enough.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 12:00 PM