KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Omega Red has shown he can stop the pheromones, he just can't do it very long because he doesn't have the synthesizer. Without it, the pheromones build up in his system and eventually start killing him. with it, he wouldn't have to use the pheromones and would be able to control his powers better.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2006 11:51 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Thats about a 180* from what you posted link states but okay.

You want to send Omega Red after DP, DP has faired against Mr. Sinisters poisioning and the TO virus that is killing Cable and has taken over Apocalypse. A bodyslide, supressive gun fire, gerenade or two, and a well placed shroyuken clear this up.

As stated per you Nyssa may be near Batman, but she isn't him. In a full city, Batman should take this fight without much effort.

Sending Prometheus after Batgirl, what courage. All she needs to do is stay one step ahead and wait for Batman, shouldn't be too hard.

Spidey takes Venom on a chase, Spideys taken Gargan before in a city just like NY. He'll do it again.

Since we decided to send an E. Meta after my mutant, Ill do the same, Im going to go ahead and drop Iceman to deal with Death Gambit, which should take much effort at all. A rain of ice shards should do the trick.

Cable steps up against Violator. Shields up Cables ready to roll. I doubt Violator is putting out a Kiloton worth of damage in one shot. With a full gun aresenal, Fighting skills up to the 40th century, ability to step in between the moments, TP and his TK...Violator doesn't fare much of a chance.

Apocalypse vs Thor: Apocalypse gets an advantage because the Xmen and Xforce had to team up? Neither of those teams consist of Thor. Apocalypse is good, but a full force 3x light speed hammer throw will take him off of enough balance for Thor to finish the job. He can even get fancy with a Godblast if he wants to.

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:07 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
He can even get fancy with a Godblast if he wants to.

Not that I'm trying to debate you or anything but Thor has only used the godblast 3 times in all of marvel history: once against the Juggernaut, another against Galactus, and a third time against Exitar the Celestial.

I don't think he would use his ultimate last resort life or death situation weapon against someone like Apocalypse. Not only that, but if he did use it, it would put him past Herald level.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:22 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Yes, I know. Lol. It wasn't meant in a literal sense.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:23 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

voting starsneverfall. His debate so far seems much more organized, and more thought out

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:31 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Not Gargan, Eddie Brock. And Brock isn't stupid like the scorpion. Death gambit can just bring down a building on iceman. What makes you think Apoc would stand still and let him use the godblast? Thor doesn't have the means to kill Apoc outright. Apoc's alot older and alot more cunning. And while Thor is fighting him, he can't help his team. sooner or later, my team will be the only ones left standing, and then Thor shall fall.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:39 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

You think Iceman is going to let Gambit crumble a building ontop of him before Icesliding away? Doubt it. Iceman has fought fire foes far more powerful than Gambit with no trouble. He won't have ANY trouble with the cajun.

The roster stands as Gargan. The only one that was changed was prometheus, Gargans still the same. Like I said Spidey has beaten him before, he'll do it again. Gargans mental instability and lack of H2H will put him down before Spider-Man.

I'll give you Apocalypse being older. Has he spent thousands of years living and breathing war to gain the experience? No. He was too busy having his armies fight for him instead of being down there himself. Thor matches his physical strength, dwarfs him out as far as powers with Mjonlir, and by far surpasses him in fighting ability.

I wouldn't even bring up the arguement of using a Godblast, it was meant as a joke previously and wouldnt be fair in any match.

Last edited by StarsNeverFall7 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 12:43 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

This debate suddenly stopped in its tracks.

Hmm...depending on the total number of votes for this thread tommorow morning, I may have have to extend this thread passed the 1 PM US Central Match close time to get more people to vote and have be a 2 day match just like the last match.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:44 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Looks as if Starsneverfall7 has not only the more powerful characters but also the more versatile, battle tested and team oriented ones too, along with IMO having the better battle plan. I don't see tricksters Apoc>THOR theory... I think that it is the opposite.

My vote is for TEAM Starsneverfall7

Attachment: atlas.gif
This has been downloaded 71 time(s).

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:49 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

**** it. I'm very tired. I've had a long week and a long day today. I'm in no mood for this and I'm too tired to care about this fight. Maybe if I was less out of it, I'd have done better. So...., I yield. I just don't care right now. I might have been able to pull out a win, but not like this. Good fight Starsneverfall17. You won today. I still think I could have won though.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 03:57 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
**** it. I'm very tired. I've had a long week and a long day today. I'm in no mood for this and I'm too tired to care about this fight. Maybe if I was less out of it, I'd have done better. So...., I yield. I just don't care right now. I might have been able to pull out a win, but not like this. Good fight Starsneverfall17. You won today. I still think I could have won though.

Request to surrender denied. You cannot "yield" in my tournament.

People will vote, and the match will play out to the bitter end regardless if you don't choose to support the team you made.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Dec 17th, 2006 at 04:19 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 04:16 AM
StarsNeverFall7

Im still alive and well, had to step out for a bit to see a movie.

I really can't post too much more without a fight back...lets get the votes in!!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:08 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

How about some elaboration on how you see the Herald level characters fight going?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:19 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Apocalypse has shown numerous abilities psionics, telepathy, teleporting, and etc. We all know that neither Thor or Apocalypse are going to graciously use any of their resources, because well...they are heavy hitters for the most part. Apocalypse is old, yes. Hes fought many wars from the sidelines while his armies did the work. Thor has lived and breathed war for thousands of years. After a long decadent speech about Thor and how dare you challenge the son of Odin, a battle begins.

Apocalypse could get creative, try to throw some enery blasts, forcefields, etc. Enery could easily get absorbed by Mjolnir, force fields cancelled out, etc. Its going to come down to a slug fest almost instantly. This is where Thor takes a heavy advantage due to his battle experience. Apocalypse is evil, and Thor is the good guy, though as often shown before Thor is very relentless in battle. In Apocalypses attempts to fight this off, he just simply can't handle a full fledged assualt from Thor. Thors fighting for what he holds dear hes not going to stop swinging that hammer until Apocalypse drops.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:27 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Evangel94
Request to surrender denied. You cannot "yield" in my tournament.

People will vote, and the match will play out to the bitter end regardless if you don't choose to support the team you made.

Is that rule really nessecery?

It seems kind of sadistic...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:36 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by King Kandy
Is that rule really nessecery?

It seems kind of sadistic...

Surrendering is not an option. Either fight or let your team fall without helping them.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:45 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Evangel94
Surrendering is not an option. Either fight or let your team fall without helping them.

i know that's the rule. I'm wondering why.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:48 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by King Kandy
i know that's the rule. I'm wondering why.

I say again,

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:51 AM
King Kandy

If I wait until after the tournament is over, will you give me a real answer?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:52 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

*sigh* Oh well, I tried. I'll keep fighting then.

Apocalypse was always on the front lines of his forces, as was shown in Cable&Deadpool. It's only in modern times, that he has acted with stealth and secrecy. Apoc's entire body is a weapon, so he has the fighting advantage in being able to confer any physical superpower onto himself. He's held down a raging Hulk. Thor is not capable of doing that. Apocalypse has energy conversion, what makes you think he can't convert electricity? Let's not forget the techno-organic virus. Unlike deadpool, thor has no means of countering that trick. Hell, he could even create a telepathic cloak for his allies, rendering them invisible to your team. Cable is your only telepath, and he can't solo Apoc without PIS.

Violator, a sadistic nightmare from the pits of hell. Frankly, outside of thor, you got nothing that can stop him. He can just regenerate, or worse, possess the bodies of one of your team. I'm not sure if that is against the rules. Evangel, can Violator take over the bodies of any of the opposing team? Even if that is a no-no, Violator has teleportation, hell magic, fear manipulation, possibly over class 100 strength and general insanity.

Iceman could beat Omega Red, I'll give you that. But it's going to take you valuable time and effort to stop him, and while you're at that, the rest of my team can take Iceman down.

For the last time, It's Eddie Brock, not Mac Gargan. Just because Evangel made a 2nd mistake is no reason for you to not cop to it. Spidey has never beaten Eddie without serious prep or PIS. And with Apoc's tech and the assault from my team, Eddie will finally have a clean shot at Spiderman. And don't you dare tell me Spiderman can beat Venom in a straight fight.

Prometheus beat Lady Shiva in 3 SECONDS. Cassandra can't win. Not to mention he was beating Batman in a straight fight. You want to know how Batman beat him? He had help from Steel, who helped him upload the physical data of Steven Hawking into his helmet. That paralyzed Prometheus, allowing batman to easily beat him. Nyssa doesn't have to win, just delay long enough for Prometheus to finish the job.

Death Gambit could be a one hit killer in this, but Evangel has forbidden that. He can still do things like run into a building, then turn the supports into acid. Or blow a support column and bring it down on their heads. Death Gambit has potential access to any kind of poison, toxic, or incapacitating substance in existance, he just has to think about it. You never answered my question about the toxic gas idea. An odorless, tasteless, invisible delayed reaction incapacitating gas. How do you stop it if you don't even know it's coming? Even Cable can't support a whole building with his TK. Cable also doesn't have his time travel skills, that goes against the rules.

Thor's power are dependant on his hammer, if blindsided, Apoc could force him to drop it. Then just hold him in a TK field until 60 seconds are up. Squish. You think the x-men, x-force, and x-factor couldn't beat Thor? Give me a break. Thor's powerful, but he's not good enough to beat all of them combined. Apoc almost did, and 2nd, prove to me that Apoc can't just absorb the lightning.

Last edited by TricksterPriest on Dec 17th, 2006 at 05:55 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2006 05:53 AM