KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: StarsNeverFall7 vs TricksterPriest
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Sorry - will do - but I'm at work, and my manager walks past every now and again - and I'm not really allowed on here while I'm at work - so I just wanted to post a vote before the battle gets closed.

So if I only post half a sentence you know I had to flee! Just PM me, or as you did now, ask me to elaborate later - then I'll answer as soon as I get a few minutes again.

Anyways, few reasons: Stars argued better for his team, so he was a better general. Priest actually threw in the towel earlier, so his team was effectively leaderless for a while.

Stars had an answer for all Priest's attacks, even up to and including changing tactics when it seemed the more optimal strategy to pursue. His team seems more than strong enough to be at least Priest's equal, and combined with his leadership which is motivated and passionate, that gives him the edge.

I see Thor being at least Apoc's equal, both basically immortal, both very powerful, both with centuries of experience - but Thor is actually a god, while Apocalypse just wants to become one. So Thor gets the edge, IMO. You gave the teams two hours prep time, and here I am - I'm going to say it - wait for it - I know, you've all been waiting for it -

IT'S THE GODDAMN BATMAN! With prep time! And all his accessories! And Stars said in his write-up that they will be using this time to prepare for Priest's attack. That means Batman gives Spiderman his ultrasonics and Zippo lighter and fluid (for instance), so Venom is down before he even gets up. Everybody gets gas masks, or nose filters, so Gambit's gas attacks won't work - leaving Priet's street levellers wide-open to Batman, Spiderman, Batgirl, Deadpool - and they go down like scuba-divers in a a cage full of sharks. You just had to go and give Batman prep-time, didn't you? stick out tongue

Look, 90% of the time it might be considered PIS, but on the other hand, Batman with prep is like Quasar preparing himself for a battle with the Silver Surfer by building quantum shields - the longer you give him, the more of an advantage he has. This has been proved conclusively, I think.

This means Bobby just has to keep Violator busy until he gets help and from there on it's all pie and gravy.

Of course it's not gonna be that easy, and there are dozens of other ways the battle might evolve, and I would like to give Priest this opportunity to perhaps come up with a strategy to change my mind - but as of right now I am sure that Stars' team can take this.

Hope this answers my reasons for voting, sorry I didn't elaborate earlier - will try not to do it again.

Some good strategies by both teams - congratulations to you both!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Last edited by Dreampanther on Dec 18th, 2006 at 08:15 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:06 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i vote on stars, apoc canīt take thor, and violator is good, but cable and iceman make a great duo.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:00 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

I just hate those sneaky managers....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:02 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StarsNeverFall7
I just hate those sneaky managers....

Tell me about it - actually expecting you to work, rather than just get paid for surfing the net and downloading comics - what arrogance! What sheer effrontery!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 10:51 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

We have no water no freezy. Still doesn't alter the fact the gas will differ from the oxygen molecules in the air and be a dead give away to Cable that something is wrong..

The lighting isn't an energy attack from Thor, its lighting. The attack wasn't meant to drain Apocalypse either, it was meant to cause a little bit of harm and distraction to him, allow for the ice shards, a bit more distraction and Thor begins his assualt on Apocalypse.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 11:11 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

I honestly think this match has gone on long enough and that the winner has been decided already.

Therefore, with that said...

The results are in!

hulk10 - StarsNeverFall7
King KAM - StarsNeverFall7
King Kandy - StarsNeverFall7
Blair Wind - StarsNeverFall7
Tony Stark - StarsNeverFall7
Roldz - StarsNeverFall7
Laminator X - StarsNeverFall7
Loot - StarsNeverFall7
Scoobless - StarsNeverFall7
Dreampanther - StarsNeverFall7

Ichigo66666 - TricksterPriest

StarsNeverFall7 defeats TricksterPriest in a 10 to 1 victory.

Winner: StarsNeverFall7

Match over.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 05:50 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool. Congrats.

Unpinning and such.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 06:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Aw nuts. Oh well. Next time I'll have scans and be less tired when I make my strats. Good fight, good night. Good match stars.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:07 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Good match Priest.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:10 PM