KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mimic (Exiles) Vs Colossus --- Claws Vs Skin

Mimic (Exiles) Vs Colossus --- Claws Vs Skin
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Mimic (Exiles) Vs Colossus --- Claws Vs Skin

Not a straight fight (as, I think, Mimic would stomp on Colossus)

Exiles Mimic's power = Wolverine, Deadpool, Northstar, Cyclops & Colossus (all at 50% power)

I'm wondering about the durability Vs claws factor.

A lot of people question whether Wolverine can cut Colossus ... most say he can't because he doesn't have enough strength.

Now Mimic, in metal form, has half of Colossus's strength/durability.
He also has Wolverine's, denser than human bone claws.
So when in metal form his bones would be almost equal to Colossus' bone strength.

Bone strength >>>> skin strength

As Mimic's claws are made from this bone, I think they should be capable of slicing straight through Colossus like Wolverine's bone claws through a low durability superhuman (like Spider-Man or someone)

Any thoughts?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 07:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:26 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

Doesn't Colossus entire body become metal?

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:29 PM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Does it mean Mimic's claws are half as durable as "unbreakable" adamantiumsmile

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:30 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soleran
Does it mean Mimic's claws are half as durable as "unbreakable" adamantiumsmile
he does not adamantium. thats not one of wolvys powers

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:31 PM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Brian Oswald
he does not adamantium. thats not one of wolvys powers

That was kinda my point, unless he has something that is more durable then Colossus I don't see him cutting into him without possibly taking damage himself.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:34 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Aaaargghhh..... read the post.

Mimic has Wolverine's extra durable skeleton (still bone though)

When he transforms into Colossus mode his bones also transform.

His claws are made of those bones.

So can razor sharp Claws made out of material over half as strong as Colossus' bones cut through Colossus' skin easily?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:52 PM
-K-M-

Half the speed of Northstar? even if he didn't have the physical power a hundred blows in a second would still do serious damage.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 08:59 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Half the speed of Northstar? even if he didn't have the physical power a hundred blows in a second would still do serious damage.

Yeah... but the thread is mainly about his claws against Colossus' skin.

I basically think it's as simple as a sharpened human bone being shoved into someone ... should go in with very little trouble.

Just wanted to see how others saw it happening

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:02 PM
-K-M-

Your right though, by all logic Mimic should generate enough force to perice Colossus skin. Still going to be hard to prove, even though I feel he could do it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:05 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by Scoobless

So can razor sharp Claws made out of material over half as strong as Colossus' bones cut through Colossus' skin easily?
Originally posted by Soleran
That was kinda my point, unless he has something that is more durable then Colossus I don't see him cutting into him without possibly taking damage himself.

~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Didn't those claws break on several occassions? As I recall, Hyperion broke his claws + hand (kinda like squeezing an empty can) but I am almost sure they also broke in a fight, either against Iron Man, or against Namor or someone else with not-Hyperion-level durability.

So the situation is sort of like this.

Without backing the claw hit with superstrength or with Northstar's half speed, Mimic wouldn't hurt Colossus. If he does back it up, then there is enough momentum, but the claw material IMO is not tough enough to pierce Colossus' skin.

So that's my answer for the claw vs. steel skin thing.

All in all, Mimic DOES stomp Colossus, especially with the abilities you mentioned. However, claw vs. steel.....nah.

But....he looks like crap however, cause he's got deadpool's skin thing too sad

~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Didn't those claws break on several occassions? As I recall, Hyperion broke his claws + hand (kinda like squeezing an empty can) but I am almost sure they also broke in a fight, either against Iron Man, or against Namor or someone else with not-Hyperion-level durability.

So the situation is sort of like this.

Without backing the claw hit with superstrength or with Northstar's half speed, Mimic wouldn't hurt Colossus. If he does back it up, then there is enough momentum, but the claw material IMO is not tough enough to pierce Colossus' skin.

Exiles Hyperion >>>>>>>>>>>>> Colossus

They broke when they were only bone one time ... don't think they ever broke as metal claws (other than against Hyperion)

When his claws are metal it's because he has turned to metal and he has 50% of Colossus' strength. That should be more than enough to back them up.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:10 PM
-K-M-

They broke when they were only bone one time ... don't think they ever broke as metal claws (other than against Hyperion)

No I don't recall off the top of my head them breaking in metal form, and I have the entire series. I will reread the Namor fight though to be sure

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:12 PM
-K-M-

Reread Exiles #15, and his claws never broke in the issue he never even used them against Namor.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:18 PM
Brian Oswald

I dont think they can break through Colossus's skin.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:20 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Exiles Hyperion >>>>>>>>>>>>> Colossus

When his claws are metal it's because he has turned to metal and he has 50% of Colossus' strength. That should be more than enough to back them up.

I also have the entire series and I don't really recall seeing them turn to metal....maybe when he was fighting the doombots before the Namor fight? I really can't recall them in any other form than bone. And seeing as how they were shown as bone in many times although since the very beginning of the series till he dies he has half of colossus' powers, I don't understand why sometimes they would be bone, and other times metal...doesn't sound right....I've seen them as bone when he was in steel form, so you can't say "they're metal when he's in steel form, and bone when he's normal", so........why would they be metal sometimes and bone other times?

The way I see it is that it was just something....of a graphical nature + perhaps the writer just didn't see it as something of great importance.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:20 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Just look at what he did to Hyperion. And I think Colossus isn't as tough as Hyperion. He could pull of something I'm sure of it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:22 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Against the doombots they didn't break either, I checked. The claws cut them like butter.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:23 PM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

And the Namor fight I forgot to mention...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2006 09:25 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote