KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
Tactile Tk.

You can fly , imitate super strength and blow stuff apart.

Whats not to like ?

TTK really shouldn't give you the ability to fly.

TK can as you're just lifting yourself as you would another object.

TTK flight = Super Strength used to lift yourself off the ground = retarded

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 21st, 2006 03:36 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grayoins

Super strength

Tactical TK can't help you with arm wrestling a guy with super strength or help you with punching hard with little effort. Also most people with super strength also get super durability. Also super strength is a better choice if you want to easily break hard to break objects with their bare hands. But then again super strength has its problems like breaking doors when you try to open them, breaking someones hand when you shake it, and break someones spine when you hug them. Super strength is for heavy duty people while Tactical TK is for whimps. I would rather have super strength because it fits the character I want to be, a tall muscular guy that doesn't talk.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 05:58 PM
Grayoins is currently offline Click here to Send Grayoins a Private Message Find more posts by Grayoins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Tactical TK

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:39 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Tactile Telekinesis vs Superstrength

Originally posted by golem370
Which is the better power and which would you rather have?

Tactile Telekinesis- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tactile_telekinesis

vs

Superstrength- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Super..._f
iction

1. Unless its Hulk madder/stronger, then tactile TK is better than straight super strength IMO, in that it can be used in different ways.

2. I think i'd go for tactile TK, actually.
I usually opt for simpler power sets, as i'm no genius, but, i was a religious Superboy reader, was fascinated by his power, and spent a lotta time thinking on how i'd use it, so yeah, i'd do okay with it i think.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 11:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'd personally go with the super strength. You would by proxy increase in durability, and you would also gain super speed as well. Not to mention that if you were able to lift mountains you'd be able to leap to the point of flight. I guess they both have their pros.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 11:21 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

True.

With tactile TK though, you get pretty much everything you mentioned, plus flight. I'm going by the Superboy (90s era) level of power, no more than that.
He couldnt lift mountains, but he did all right.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 11:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by riv6672
True.

With tactile TK though, you get pretty much everything you mentioned, plus flight. I'm going by the Superboy (90s era) level of power, no more than that.
He couldnt lift mountains, but he did all right.

TTK shouldn't grant super durability, and I'm not sure why it would grant you super speed either. Superrboy was an exception imo.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 12:19 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Re: Super strength

Originally posted by Grayoins
Tactical TK can't help you with arm wrestling a guy with super strength or help you with punching hard with little effort. Also most people with super strength also get super durability. Also super strength is a better choice if you want to easily break hard to break objects with their bare hands. But then again super strength has its problems like breaking doors when you try to open them, breaking someones hand when you shake it, and break someones spine when you hug them. Super strength is for heavy duty people while Tactical TK is for whimps. I would rather have super strength because it fits the character I want to be, a tall muscular guy that doesn't talk.

Superboy has tactile TK instead of superstrength and can do everyrhing you say ttk wont allow you to.

It does help him with arm wresttling, punching hard, its also where he gets his super durability a personal TK field permanantly around hus body. So it gives all the boons with none of the problems you mentuoned.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:12 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Stoic
TTK shouldn't grant super durability, and I'm not sure why it would grant you super speed either. Superrboy was an exception imo.

Durability is you ability to wirhstand things that strike you (force energy etc). Striking means they touch you and tactile TK means you control how. How would it NOT give you super durability??? Speed hoeever I agree with, i always figured the flight thimg was his ttk controlling the air gis body touched.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:16 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grayoins

I'm gonna clear this up, superboy had TTK and super strength and durability. Saying that TTK can give you super durability is dumb becasue when you get hit you still go down and it still hurts. Superman has super strength and TTK. Super strength can do things that TTK can't because if it were the same, then people would call TTK super strength. TTK does not give you super durability. TTK isn't even a famous power, its just something that some hypocrite came up with to f*ck up with peoples minds. I would rather have super strength and that actually does give you super durability. Everyone always posts dumb sh*t online and saying that a superpower can do much more than it was created to do, ITS ALL A LIE. Everyone should know that TTK is overruled and and that its just a cheap knock off of super strength.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:55 AM
Grayoins is currently offline Click here to Send Grayoins a Private Message Find more posts by Grayoins Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not to sound dickish, but its comics. Radiation shouldnt grant superpowers but there you go.
Superboy's the best example of tactile TK i know of, and his is what i'd go for. He really did have that power on lock!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 05:19 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Grayoins
I'm gonna clear this up, superboy had TTK and super strength and durability. Saying that TTK can give you super durability is dumb becasue when you get hit you still go down and it still hurts. Superman has super strength and TTK. Super strength can do things that TTK can't because if it were the same, then people would call TTK super strength. TTK does not give you super durability. TTK isn't even a famous power, its just something that some hypocrite came up with to f*ck up with peoples minds. I would rather have super strength and that actually does give you super durability. Everyone always posts dumb sh*t online and saying that a superpower can do much more than it was created to do, ITS ALL A LIE. Everyone should know that TTK is overruled and and that its just a cheap knock off of super strength.

Cant speak for nu52 but Superboy post COIE didnt have strength without TTK. When his TTK failed he was weak as a kitten. He also didnt have durability not provided by his TTK.

Provide any proof of Superman having TTK??? He doesnt, the solar energy that his cells havr absorbed strengthens the bods in his cells nothing anywhere ever shown like TTK.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:22 AM
Bentley
Seitei

In 2006 Digi was going to bust the planet, but we used Gold Kryptonite to depower him.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 08:07 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by beatboks
Cant speak for nu52 but Superboy post COIE didnt have strength without TTK. When his TTK failed he was weak as a kitten. He also didnt have durability not provided by his TTK.

You're correct. Superboy's TTK simulated his flight, strength, invulnerbility. It was pretty awesome.

Provide any proof of Superman having TTK??? He doesnt, the solar energy that his cells havr absorbed strengthens the bods in his cells nothing anywhere ever shown like TTK.

when John Byrne revamped the character, he posited the idea of Supes using his mind to make himself fly; if he was carrying something, like in the linked pic:
(please log in to view the image)

that thing would decrease in weight while he flew.
It went in hand with Supes having a bio electric field around his body which prevented fabric close to his skin from being harmed (But not his cape. Byrne specifically said he made it that way because he liked drawing Supes' cape ripped up.)
(please log in to view the image)

Those two ideas, taken together, inspired Superboy's TTK, as Cadmus wasnt able to clone a perfect Kryptonian, but their process refined those little talked about abilities into something unique to Superboy himself.

Last edited by riv6672 on Dec 7th, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 10:09 AM
Grayoins

You know, now that I think about it, tactile telekinesis is like a better version of super strength. But couldn't they at least give it a more physical name like Tactile physicinesis or something. I just whant to make sure that people know that telekinesis and tactile telekinesis are 2 completly different super powers.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 10:23 AM
Grayoins

Okay, so this website won't allow me to reply to peoples comments, but I'm just gonna say this. TTK can give you super strength and super durability beyond anything you have ever seen. I don't actualy know how, but TTK is like a ultimate power package. It like gives you omnipotent strength and durability. The name however doesn't make sense. And just to be clear with everyone, TTK is nothing like telekinesis. Man these comic book creators have such an imagination don't they. From what people are saying, tactile isn't a super power, its like a super power source. Its kinda like how the sun powers superman, or like how anger powers the hulk, or how blood and the night time powers a vampire. Speaking of vampires, it's like they come with TTK, because they have strength and durability beyond anything, except the hulk. But I would like to be as strong and durable as a vampire. So if TTK is what gives vampire their strength and durability then I would have TTK, becasue either way if you choose TTK or just plain strength, you still get physicaly stronger, I think I understand now. Thank you people of the internet.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:08 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I kind of think that Superman has both. How do you explain the times that he's lifted things that didn't fall apart under their own weight?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:51 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Super strength has a fairly limited application compared to tactile telekinesis. Notwithstanding the additional abilities get with tactile telekinesis such as flight, you can't lift a mountain with super strength.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I kind of think that Superman has both. How do you explain the times that he's lifted things that didn't fall apart under their own weight?

I explained it. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 11:25 PM
Grayoins

I think TTK is some sort of power source that gives you an omnipotent or unlimited amount of super strength and what ever else TTK gives you. Its like TTK is a super power package and source.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 03:22 PM