KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Batman's fighting style

Batman's fighting style
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blind
didn't they do some of that in Blade 2?

I thought it looked pretty sweet there.

that would be very cool, but a real fight doesnt realistically look like that, all choreographed and stuff. a real fight like that one guy said is ugly and brutal and thats the edge they went for in Batman Begins

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 08:51 PM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Why are we still talking about Batman's fighting style.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 10:31 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanfan1958

Smile Re: Batman's fighting style

Originally posted by braz
Batmans fighting style in "Batman Begins" was adopted from the Keysi fighting method, and it really worked well with Batman because of the tight movements it employs, mainly because of the unconforatability of the costume. my question is though, do yall think Batman could learn other fighting styles mixed in with the Keysi's brutal ways, like Jeet Kune do or Taekwondo? or would that be like impossible because of the restrictions of the suit..??

what do yall think? confused

cuz i would love to see Batman do some really cool moves, if possible.
smile The style Bale to fight in the movie was a great style.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 12:39 PM
batmanfan1958 is currently offline Click here to Send batmanfan1958 a Private Message Find more posts by batmanfan1958 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanfan1958

THis was a really great film. Neeson was a great choice to face off against the caped Crusader. The fighting styole chosen here is well done.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2009 12:42 PM
batmanfan1958 is currently offline Click here to Send batmanfan1958 a Private Message Find more posts by batmanfan1958 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

I like Batman's fighting style in the movies, but I feel as if we haven't seen enough of it. In B3, I'd like to see a villain that can challenge Batman both physically & mentally. Someone like Black Mask.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 07:33 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
In B3, I'd like to see a villain that can challenge Batman both physically & mentally.

Ra's al Ghul already did a fine job with that.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 02:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

We didn't even see a full on fight. I'm not complaining but it was a pretty short fight. I want to really see Batman using martial arts, not just for a few seconds.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 03:06 PM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Indestructible
The Power House

We didn't even see a full on fight. I'm not complaining but it was a pretty short fight. I want to really see Batman using martial arts, not just for a few seconds.

Idk i dont mind batsy just fighting some thugs of the crime boss(like he did with Joker's goons).

Fav Villians: The Joker, Red Skull, The Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Ozymandias, Magneto, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Pyro, Blob, Avalache, Toad, Sabertooth, Green Goblin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 06:03 PM
Indestructible is currently offline Click here to Send Indestructible a Private Message Find more posts by Indestructible Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fighting is all about learning to mind your surroundings.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 06:08 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Realistically, real fights don't last very long. The longer a real fight goes, the more exhausted you get and the more you risk injury. Someone in Batman's position isn't looking for a long fight, they're to end it very quickly and move on. Nolan's got it right in my opinion. They thing things to look real, not like a kung fu flick.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 04:39 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Never thought of it that way before, but it's definitely a good way of looking at it, methinks.

That said, the fight with Ra's on the train was just as long as it needed to be.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:39 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Tron
Realistically, real fights don't last very long. The longer a real fight goes, the more exhausted you get and the more you risk injury. Someone in Batman's position isn't looking for a long fight, they're to end it very quickly and move on. Nolan's got it right in my opinion. They thing things to look real, not like a kung fu flick.

ITA..

Also the only thing I would like to see in future Batman films is him kicking more, other than that I love his fighting style

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 07:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Originally posted by Tron

I'm only proposing we get a longer fight if he's going up against someone like Killer Croc, Bane, or Black Mask. When someone is evenly matched or a little stronger than you, the fight can go on longer than when Batman is fighting ordinary criminals. It doesn't have to be a kung fu flick, Nolan's proven that with the last two movies, but I'd just like to see Batman fighting someone of equal strength or stronger. Not only would we see potentially longer fights, but we'd see Batman using his brain more because he knows he can't overpower said villain, so you get the best of both world's.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2009 01:31 AM
Grifter21

my only problem is that his reaction time was slowed down by the suit in the latest movies

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 12:32 AM
Grifter21 is currently offline Click here to Send Grifter21 a Private Message Find more posts by Grifter21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote