KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » You aint seen anything yet.

You aint seen anything yet.
Started by: rustiswordz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Corran
Lucifer

Maybe not, something has just occurred to me. If Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin had just returned to the shire and all was normal, it is quite possible that no-one would have heard of their exploits and they would not have believed what they had achieved, at least with this ending they are able to demonstrate their courage and strength in defeating Saruman to regain the Shire for the Hobbits and to then hold positions of respect that they deserved among their own peoples.

Hey I just thought of all that myself, I may not be as dumb as I look after all.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2002 03:45 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

well, in the appendix it's written that Frodo didn't get much recognition after all.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2002 03:49 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i bet he wasn't searching for any

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2002 05:51 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It was a pretty pointless tacked-on epilogue and there were many better ways it could have been done; the scouring is generally acknowledged as the weakest part of the books. Saruman's end was appallingly banal as well; never a good idea to have a super-villain go down so easy. Won't be in the film, anyway.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2002 12:24 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

we shall see...i hope they don't go off books too far

Old Post Sep 4th, 2002 02:28 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

really looking forward to TT big grin smile smile smile

Old Post Sep 4th, 2002 09:54 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

me too, me too

Old Post Sep 4th, 2002 01:34 PM
Corran
Lucifer

Same for everyone surely, you don't mind me calling you surely do you?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2002 08:34 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geonosian_guard
Ent Warrior

TTT will be AWESOME!
Hope to see the Ents fight... evil face big grin

That is the question.....

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 03:16 PM
Geonosian_guard is currently offline Click here to Send Geonosian_guard a Private Message Find more posts by Geonosian_guard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yes..they're too important to be missed out...i think. Didn't see 'em in the trailer.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2002 08:26 PM
Geonosian_guard
Ent Warrior

Will we see any Ents at helms deep?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2002 01:27 AM
Geonosian_guard is currently offline Click here to Send Geonosian_guard a Private Message Find more posts by Geonosian_guard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mujaffa
Lift a Mullah

sure thingie...maybe... confused

"Get on the bus with Leary and Scorcese, you're goin' right to ****in' hell!" Chikushoo

Old Post Sep 20th, 2002 12:24 PM
Mujaffa is currently offline Click here to Send Mujaffa a Private Message Find more posts by Mujaffa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geonosian_guard
Ent Warrior

Hmmmmmmmm I thought during helms deep the ENts were attacting Isenguard..

Old Post Sep 21st, 2002 02:07 AM
Fire

dunno exactly anymore need to read again, but I think -THINK- there were two groups of ents, one helping out in helms deep and one destroying isengard

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2002 12:47 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geonosian_guard
Ent Warrior

--------------lies-------------

u must be joking!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2002 12:55 PM
Fire

I said THINK
I never said it was correct :P

Old Post Sep 21st, 2002 01:43 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

dunno but this seems strange in my dutch copy. they say that when théoden leaves helms deep. the orcs flee to a place where first was a green valley and now there is a forest of big tall trees standing in a line
it's at the end of the chapter named "helms deep" and at the start of the chapter: "the road the isengard"

I think those are ents, but NOT sure
anywayz GTG

Old Post Sep 21st, 2002 01:51 PM
Geonosian_guard
Ent Warrior

Who do the Easterlings fight??

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2002 01:38 PM
Fire

what do they have to do with it????

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2002 09:53 PM
Geonosian_guard
Ent Warrior

Easterlings are in ttt..

Old Post Sep 24th, 2002 05:18 AM