KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Hulk VS Godzilla

HULK VS GODZILLA
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
HULK 52 61.18%
GODZILLA 33 38.82%
Total: 85 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hulk VS Godzilla
Started by: Tyranno-Chris

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Still, FW Godzilla and Meltdown Godzill are the strongest incarnations.

But, you guys are seriously telling me that the Hulk can beat Godzilla easily? The Hulk can win, because of his power constantly increasing, but I still don't think it'd exactly be a walk in a park for him.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 05:59 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

More to the point, there's nothing Godzilla could do to the Hulk that would kill him, this would be a one-sided fight and just a simple matter of "how long could Godzilla take Hulk's punishment".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 07:30 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stewie_Griffin
Still, FW Godzilla and Meltdown Godzill are the strongest incarnations.

But, you guys are seriously telling me that the Hulk can beat Godzilla easily? The Hulk can win, because of his power constantly increasing, but I still don't think it'd exactly be a walk in a park for him.

But in a way, it would. The Hulk fights his best when he's fighting against something that's bigger than he is. He gets furious at the thought that there might be something stronger than him, so he goes all out. This is when the Hulk dominates people. I wants to prove he's stronger than anything that appears tough.

In turn, even though Hulk will be inferior in strength for the first part of the match, his determination to be the pinnacle of strength and power will drive his strength skyrocketing. If he gets hurt by Godzilla, he'll be enraged that anything as 'puny' as a giant lizard could hurt him, and he'll go ape-shit.

This is how almost all Hulk vs Giant Monster battles go. You'll notice many Hulk villains don't make it to mainstream comic books...this is mainly due to the fact that most of them are either giant monsters or the military. Ironically, it's the same for Godzilla. The Hulk villains that people know only stick around because they're personable and have human-like characteristics. They also don't make it mainstream comic books because half of the time Hulk beats them to death.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 07:43 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, since you're saying comic Hulk would win, wouldn't it be even easier for 2003 movie Hulk to win since he size increases along with his strength? Or is the 2003 movie Hulk just a pansy?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:28 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

So, since you're saying comic Hulk would win, wouldn't it be even easier for 2003 movie Hulk to win since he size increases along with his strength? Or is the 2003 movie Hulk just a pansy?

Movie Hulk would get crushed by pretty much any Godzilla other than GINO. In the theoretical hierarchy of Hulks, Ang Lee's Hulk is at the bottom.

I don't think that Hulk could muster enough force to do any real damage to Godzilla.

Edit: On second thought, if somehow Hulk got to be at least half the size of Godzilla and his strength/durability went up proportionately he would more than likely beat Godzilla, but there's nothing to suggest that that would even be possible.

Last edited by MightyEInherjar on Jun 6th, 2008 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:21 AM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does it matter? Hulk is Hulk, he still had the same powers as comic Hulk, so he'd still win.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 04:55 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Movie Hulk would get crushed by pretty much any Godzilla other than GINO. In the theoretical hierarchy of Hulks, Ang Lee's Hulk is at the bottom.

I don't think that Hulk could muster enough force to do any real damage to Godzilla.

Edit: On second thought, if somehow Hulk got to be at least half the size of Godzilla and his strength/durability went up proportionately he would more than likely beat Godzilla, but there's nothing to suggest that that would even be possible.

I thought the Hulk from the TV show was at the bttom of the barrel? And movie Hulk seemed pretty strong but I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of his feats match up to anything Godzilla has done.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:06 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are you so desperate to have Godzilla win? Like...it's evident from every depiction of the characters that nothing Godzilla could do would bother Hulk.

Hulk gets brutally attacked by the army in the movie, and in the comics, something that has killed Godzilla on multiple occassions.

Just accept that Godzilla isn't a match.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:24 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about you accept the fact that people are entitled to opinions? Oh, wait, you can't because you're a jackass. Nothing movie Hulk from 2003 has done puts him on the level the Hulk is on in the comics and he'd lose. Saying he'd win is like saying the Hulk from the TV series would beat Godzilla too.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:04 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Hulk from the TV series was clearly and obviously ridiculous.

Movie Hulk was intended very much to be a representation of what Hulk is like in the comics. So it doesn't matter what he has or hasn't done. He still withstood some of the shit that has stopped Godzilla, like the army.

You just can't accept that Godzilla is a laughable match for Hulk. Fact. It's not even opinion about who would win. Proof? Here's proof:

If you have to start bringing in ridiculously poor incarnations of Hulk, then you're proving my point better than ever. Godzilla is such a shitty choice to fight Hulk that you have to start looking for his weaker or more poorly represented incarnations to even have a SLIGHT argument.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:12 PM
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

How about you accept the fact that people are entitled to opinions? Oh, wait, you can't because you're a jackass. Nothing movie Hulk from 2003 has done puts him on the level the Hulk is on in the comics and he'd lose. Saying he'd win is like saying the Hulk from the TV series would beat Godzilla too.

I'd have to agree.

Proportionately, Godzilla has taken a hell of a lot more from the military than Hulk took, and it's hardly bothered him (depending on the incarnation). In that movie, the Hulk never showed that he had enough force to throw hits that could damage Godzilla.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:20 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The very fact that it has come to that discussion proves that Godzilla is a ridiculous opponent for the Hulk.

If only people used logic, you'd see why that is.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 08:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So now the debate has turned to Godzilla at his strongest depiction (FW or whatever) and Hulk has been gimped to what he could/couldn't do in the TV series?

Okay fine... even thought the TV-Hulk isn't canon, he still wins. I vaguely recall watching a particularly stupid episode where Thor appeared and TV-Hulk still held his own in the fight. They eventually became friends against whomever the common enemy was.

Cue "The Lonely Man" after TV-Hulk is done with Godzilla.

Edit: I Googled, it wasn't an episide, but one of the Hulk movies.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 6th, 2008 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Hulk destroys Godzilla without getting very mad

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 11:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The Hulk from the TV series was clearly and obviously ridiculous.

Movie Hulk was intended very much to be a representation of what Hulk is like in the comics. So it doesn't matter what he has or hasn't done. He still withstood some of the shit that has stopped Godzilla, like the army.

You just can't accept that Godzilla is a laughable match for Hulk. Fact. It's not even opinion about who would win. Proof? Here's proof:

If you have to start bringing in ridiculously poor incarnations of Hulk, then you're proving my point better than ever. Godzilla is such a shitty choice to fight Hulk that you have to start looking for his weaker or more poorly represented incarnations to even have a SLIGHT argument.

-AC

I'm not trying to bring in the weakest incarnation, I originally said that he was the weakest incarnation, not movie Hulk. And to say Godzilla is a laughable match for the Hulk shows your intelligence. Godzilla may not have withstood as much as the Hulk over the years but he still has fighting experience and multiple powers to back him up in the fight.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:15 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

He really doesn't, it would be over in less than 15 minutes.

You're being quite silly.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 03:36 AM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not being silly at all, and I'm done with this debate. I said what I had to say and now that I've said it, to me it's done...it's dead.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 04:00 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm not trying to bring in the weakest incarnation, I originally said that he was the weakest incarnation, not movie Hulk. And to say Godzilla is a laughable match for the Hulk shows your intelligence. Godzilla may not have withstood as much as the Hulk over the years but he still has fighting experience and multiple powers to back him up in the fight.

I refer you to my first post in here. Name some of these "multiple powers" that Godzilla could use to destroy the Hulk. ie actually name them and don't just arbitarily say "he has powers" as you have been thus far.

Make your case, surely if Godzilla is a good match, you can.

Edit: I didn't see your last post, you are being silly, you insist Godzilla could win without giving any valid examples as to how; then just basically say "I'm done, I'm right!" Silliness, that is, besides being awful debating.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 7th, 2008 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:31 PM
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not denying the Hulk his win, but Godzilla is no weakling. As far as super-strength goes, he's lifted creatures his own size or larger and just because he's that large doesn't mean he should be able to, there are kaiju like Zilla that can't do that. He also has a healing factor that allowed him to regenerate and heal from almost nothing. His atomic breath is incredibly strong but I'm not sure which version has the strongest atomic breath. Still, it's helped him win many fights.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:41 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Then what are you debating for if you also think Hulk wins this? That Godzilla is powerful? Sure, Godzilla is powerful, as are a slew of other characters that Hulk could also easily crush.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 7th, 2008 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:48 PM