KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
The cammo's not being deployed until after your energy foolishness is gone. We'll learn all about your team via magic before we take begin to move openly again. Snakes and gators wouldn't be a threat to most of us even if we were open to that sort of attack.

First off, how would you know that im attacking you via the locals again, + theyre mostly likely a destraction, you forgut Havok sniping assault while your getting rid of the locals..
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xf100in7.jpg
http://img462.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xf100bys9.jpg
thats ground to orbit blast..

quote:
After the opening move against Blue, we're hanging back and feeling your team out via scrying and Fixer's remote sensors. Before we emerge, we'll have had time to formulate further plans with knowledge of your unfamiliar characters' capabilities and movements.

Not working against a compwave, and as said before we can trace the source while your hanging back, takin it easy Grail and Blue supes would obliterate you with a blast..
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?...track237gv7.jpg

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:49 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

You completely misread the rings bit only the disintegrator needs a 20 min recharge.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:51 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

This guy Grail seems a mite overpowered for E. meta.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:54 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yeah i misread that my bad, but really it cant tranmute elements and such... theres now way his capable of making those things you mention in you post..

quote:
Matter Rearranger Ring (Right Hand - Thumb): This ring could rearrange the atoms and molecules of a substance, or speed up or slow down their movement. It could not transmute elements, nor could it rearrange the atoms and molecules of Iron Man's magnetic beam reinforced armor. The Matter Rearranger Ring had been used to condense water vapor in the air to liquid water, to solidify gases, and to create lethal poison gas from the air.

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:57 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This guy Grail seems a mite overpowered for E. meta.

Not really, you've got to find his weakness.. If i tell you ive be doing great disadvantage of my team.. His as powerfull as a Super Skrull cept a little more versatile..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:59 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Also, whomever loses this match, will take part in the wildcard match tommorow.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:06 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
The storms'll dissapate once Supes is off the field. As far as Dane spotting us with his telepathy, we've got personal screens in place, and most of the team are hidden by Mordo's magic as well. The latter will foil all of your clever detection methods.

Quite highly unlikely Supes is not going nowhere and even if someone takes him out those storm will not dissipates but would have an uncontrollable one.. We find you via Fixers equipment emitting radiation, between Havoks snipe blast, the locals and the tidal waves and storm then flooding there would quite a few left in your team, perhaps even all dies..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:08 AM
Laminator_X

Originally posted by Roldz
Yeah i misread that my bad, but really it cant tranmute elements and such... theres now way his capable of making those things you mention in you post..

It doesn't need to, Temugin's merely using it to separate out existing nearby elements when the Fixer is short some carbon, or whatever. With the right materials available, Fixer can make almost anything he's encountered or can imagine with the thought-controlled tools in his tech-pack.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:25 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Then where is Fixer finding the materials needed to make say psi-blocks, does he have those materials available on him already in his normal back pack? I had taught you made Temugin matter manipulate
such material..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:34 AM
Laminator_X

Then where is Fixer finding the materials needed to make say psi-blocks, does he have those materials available on him already in his normal back pack? I had taught you made Temugin matter manipulate
such material..

Uh yeah. That's exactly what they did. The ring doesn't need to transmute any elements (which it cant do), everything the Fixer needs is either in his tech-pack already, or is in in abundance within the swamp. Temugin just needs so "sift."

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 03:02 AM
Laminator_X

We find you via Fixers equipment emitting radiation, between Havoks snipe blast, the locals and the tidal waves and storm then flooding there would quite a few left in your team, perhaps even all dies..

Flooding, gators, wind and such pose exactly zero threat to our little sanctum in the muck as long as Temugin or Mordo are on hand. In this case, they both are.

As far as finding them via emissions, it wouldn't matter if fixer lit up the barbeque. Mordo's spell makes the place imperceptable. A hostile could be stading right on top of the place and just wouldn't notice it. What sort of fancy vision and telepathy you've got are irrelevant. No one of your team has the right powerset to cope with this sort of magical misdirection.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 03:18 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Laminator_X
Uh yeah. That's exactly what they did. The ring doesn't need to transmute any elements (which it cant do), everything the Fixer needs is either in his tech-pack already, or is in in abundance within the swamp. Temugin just needs so "sift."

Sorry man thats a little too farfetch, the techno pack reconfigure to make tools and weapons but its got its limits i mean is it capable of making carbon into steel or diamond? You would need some form of compactor/compressor and that far exceeds the mass of the techno pack.. And whose to say the required material in the swamp would be exact material for the psi-block.. It took Reed/Tony quite a while with hitech equipment to make such item, Fixer is not making 1 in 2hrs not to mention 6 of em consider the tech in his disposal at hand..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 03:30 AM
Laminator_X

The problem with this attack is how can you catch one who can turn intangible, +bfr is not allowed under those cloak is a diff. dimension it'd exactly a BFR attack.. As i said before she'd be target for my blasters..

It's not a BFR, it's a grapple. Under the right circumstances, people can and have escaped her or Cloak's clutches. People have transcended the nightmares and escaped the next time the cloak opened. People have overcome the Thing in the Dark via magic. Somebody once even punched Cloak out from the inside to escape when he was too fully fed to dematerialize. Those are all ways that this attack could be escaped or overcome, and there're characters in this tourney who could do it.

In this set circumstances however, the deck has been artfully stacked against Superman. In a fair fight, she'd probably never catch him. In this case, thanks to Ra's's tactics and inside info (and you making the mistep of putting him at the vangaurd while I was laying a trap) , he's getting sucker-punched.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 03:38 AM
Laminator_X

Sorry man thats a little too farfetch, the techno pack reconfigure to make tools and weapons but its got its limits i mean is it capable of making carbon into steel or diamond? You would need some form of compactor/compressor and that far exceeds the mass of the techno pack.. And whose to say the required material in the swamp would be exact material for the psi-block.. It took Reed/Tony quite a while with hitech equipment to make such item, Fixer is not making 1 in 2hrs not to mention 6 of em consider the tech in his disposal at hand..

How much material do you think is required? Zemo fits one along with a radio, controlls for a V-wing, Zola's mind-transfer widget, bio-modem controlls, and lord knows what else in that headband he wears.

As far as the working of the materials, the very capabilities you seem to think are far-fetched are implicit in something like the aimate tech-pack being able to move and change shape at all. He already has that capability to just do his normal routine.

As far as the time, it'd take him longer if he actually needed to invent one, as it is, he's just copying Zemo's design, with which he's already intimately familliar. Reed and Tony are both smarter than the Fixer, but the fixer is the fastest gadget-man in the MU, bar none.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 03:48 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Flooding, gators, wind and such pose exactly zero threat to our little sanctum in the muck as long as Temugin or Mordo are on hand. In this case, they both are.

As far as finding them via emissions, it wouldn't matter if fixer lit up the barbeque. Mordo's spell makes the place imperceptable. A hostile could be stading right on top of the place and just wouldn't notice it. What sort of fancy vision and telepathy you've got are irrelevant. No one of your team has the right powerset to cope with this sort of magical misdirection.

It dont matter if your imperceptable or not, we know your there proof of the energy source trace from the static/crazzy wave patterns you emitted to confuse BSupes, thats not covered in your spell when that trace cuts off we know there somethin there.. Geo energy attacks from supes would shake and raise the land from underneath your sunctum, strength that stalemated a promethian giant/Asmodel would make short work of that as well, +energy blast that would level a small town/mountain, not to mention psi attacks this would absolutely decimate that dome...

quote:

In this set circumstances however, the deck has been artfully stacked against Superman. In a fair fight, she'd probably never catch him. In this case, thanks to Ra's's tactics and inside info (and you making the mistep of putting him at the vangaurd while I was laying a trap) , he's getting sucker-punched.

First off how would you know how far to port? considering the Kinetic Vortex storm, its quite diff. to see from the opposite side where you are, how would you port behind me if when you cant see me?
Those energy pattern aint working Supes can shunt off his spectral vision, i think it doesnt matter if he shuts it off or not..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 04:06 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
How much material do you think is required? Zemo fits one along with a radio, controlls for a V-wing, Zola's mind-transfer widget, bio-modem controlls, and lord knows what else in that headband he wears.

You figure this equipment is enough to make psi-blocker, sorry but dont buy that as i said before Reed/Tony took dont know how long but it was a few issues to make there psi-blocker and they had all the equipment at there disposal, you know baxter/Tony's company tech building thats like far more than the tech-pack carried by Fixer alone..

quote:
As far as the working of the materials, the very capabilities you seem to think are far-fetched are implicit in something like the aimate tech-pack being able to move and change shape at all. He already has that capability to just do his normal routine.

Techno organic can change shape, which is probably that is made off, and cosider he gave Cable that baby techno organic symbiote, its still got its limits, its not going to make material from 1 thing to another, if you got scans showing this might be off help..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 04:18 AM
Laminator_X

Again, you're not reading carefully. The distraction transmitters were placed miles away from the sanctum and tripped automatically. I even gave specific distances.

Spotting supes is a piece of cake. Like I said in my write-up, Mordo's the backup to any point of failure. He can spot Supes when the barrier drops instantly and provide guidance as needed.

As for your spectrum vision, yes you could turn it off. However, you specifically stated that you were using it to search for us. That set's you up to be strobed/dazzled/etc. It only lasts a moment, but that's all that's needed.

Now, it's about time that I went on the offensive.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 04:29 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Again, you're not reading carefully. The distraction transmitters were placed miles away from the sanctum and tripped automatically. I even gave specific distances.

I think i missed that one. big grin

quote:
Spotting supes is a piece of cake. Like I said in my write-up, Mordo's the backup to any point of failure. He can spot Supes when the barrier drops instantly and provide guidance as needed.

How exactly does he see BSupes? TP scans..

quote:
As for your spectrum vision, yes you could turn it off. However, you specifically stated that you were using it to search for us. That set's you up to be strobed/dazzled/etc. It only lasts a moment, but that's all that's needed.

Again he can choose to ignore this, hes never been affected by this kind of attack or if you call it an attack.. Its not workin..

quote:
Now, it's about time that I went on the offensive.

Bring it on. JK

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 04:43 AM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:

Okay i got that the scrying pool that Mordo is making, still theres no way Supes being taken by surprise, specially if Dane is around.. Bsupes turns himself intangible, and i say im still having problem with the Psi-blocker thing not to mention all that gizmo fixer made during the prep
psi-blocker, holographic camouflage, a few high powered transmitters too much material involved on this one w/ just techno pack as a tool..
taking out Skrull with tp attack and Ecstacy with a blast after trying to take out BSupes.. The rest Dane can mind probe the battle field if that wont work, he can alway move a few hurricanes in the whole field, or raise the lands im pretty sure he can make them out in there sanctum..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:16 AM
Laminator_X

The immediate threat of Superman Blue has been eliminated, the Super-Skrull is transporting the now-powerless Ecstasy back to the Sanctum, and Mordo is spying on the other team via the scrying pool (if that answers your question about how he was acting as a spotter).

It's immediately obvious by the way they seem to be co-ordinating very effectively without speaking to one another that one of them is a telpath. Shifting his perceptions to look at their auras makes it equally obvious that that telepath is Dane. (This also reveals some other things, but we'll get to that later.)

After a moments conference with Ra's, Mordo dispatches his astral form to go deal with Dane. He comes at Dane with an all out mental assault which Dane has no hope of surviving. Mordo is not only more skilled in psychic to psychic combat (in their first astral battle, Strange had to use the Eye and trickery to win! ), but the rules of the tourney dictate that Dane must loose. He's in a direct one on one power vs power confrontation with someone from a higher weight-class with no possable cover, outside assistance, etc. Dane is quite literally out-classed.

Once his resistance is crushed, it will take mere moments for Mordo to fill Dane's mind with nightmares and sucks him dry of all his precious info about his teammates powers, tactics, and capabilities. Finally he twists his thoughts around to the point that he can't communicate and is lost in a nightmarish dreamworld of half-coherant terrors.

Mordo then returnd to his mortal form to boast of having defeated the opposition's leader and brief his team on the opposition.

In one stroke I've not only taken down another of Roldz's characters, but also broken his communication, character to character spotting, and neutralized the army of critters of which he was so proud.

(This in not a rule-breaking "telepathic mind shutdown." That would be just telling someone to sleep or whatever. This if fighting a brutal psychic battle, and winning.)

Next, I move some more of my pieces onto the board...

Last edited by Laminator_X on Dec 27th, 2006 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:30 AM