KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Lam, you seem to be basing a lot of your game plan on Superman doing exactly what you want him to do .... what if he doesn't just blindly attack like you're saying he will?

erm

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:53 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Lam, you seem to be basing a lot of your game plan on Superman doing exactly what you want him to do .... what if he doesn't just blindly attack like you're saying he will?

erm

Good question!

Really, my plan works just fine as long as he's doing something big and flashy and using his spectrum vision. He doesn't have to come after Super-Skrull. Doing exactly what Roldz said he was doing still sets him up wonderfully for my sucker-punch.

I'm off to bed now. G'night all.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Dec 27th, 2006 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 05:59 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

Wow, a lot of back and forth already. Looks good so far for both parties, the battlefield size does make mobility quite a ***** though...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:21 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
The immediate threat of Superman Blue has been eliminated, the Super-Skrull is transporting the now-powerless Ecstasy back to the Sanctum, and Mordo is spying on the other team via the scrying pool (if that answers your question about how he was acting as a spotter).

You didnt eleminate Superman Blue, as i said before those tranmissions aint workin he can turn intangible not to mention his reaction speed is akin to a lightning.. What Ecstacy gets is a focus blast in the back taking her out of the fight while SSkrull gets battered by the kinetic Vortex and Danes TP attack he goes down too taking him out of the fight.. Thats 2 out of 7..

quote:
It's immediately obvious by the way they seem to be co-ordinating very effectively without speaking to one another that one of them is a telpath. Shifting his perceptions to look at their auras makes it equally obvious that that telepath is Dane. (This also reveals some other things, but we'll get to that later.)

The gold protects them from any scans, what Mordo see is normal Dane a human..

quote:
After a moments conference with Ra's, Mordo dispatches his astral form to go deal with Dane. He comes at Dane with an all out mental assault which Dane has no hope of surviving. Mordo is not only more skilled in psychic to psychic combat (in their first astral battle, Strange had to use the Eye and trickery to win! ), but the rules of the tourney dictate that Dane must loose. He's in a direct one on one power vs power confrontation with someone from a higher weight-class with no possable cover, outside assistance, etc. Dane is quite literally out-classed.

First off Dane can hold up against psi-assault just because i cant use his full offensive capacity doesnt mean i cant be on defensive not to mention ive got Grail and blue Supes to assist me.. First off Dane can use psi-hold on Mordo, his nowhere close to Dane exp.. in Psycic combat.. Mordo is mostly magical relying most of his powers towards spell casting his not very strong against psychic assault..
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ckhold22qx7.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?...ngmind30ww1.jpg
I can hold you in that form while Grail assist me.. Prior to becoming who he is Grail was master martial artist trained by monk and is quite spiritual in nature and an expert in out of mind experience.. Grail is actually pure psi/soul energy now..
http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?...energy14as6.jpg
his able to merge with Dane symbiote and all, in there it should be an even field now, two E-metas against a herald, they can hold off Mordo.. Without him powering his magic BSupes should be able to trace, the rest of Mordos team or he can also see psi/astral energies he can trace it where it was coming from, from there on he attacks them via the kinetic Vortex storm that was growing stronger the longer it was spinning in that attack everything should end...

quote:
In one stroke I've not only taken down another of Roldz's characters, but also broken his communication, character to character spotting, and neutralized the army of critters of which he was so proud.

No you havent this is why i picked this two together, they have connection also not the first time this kind of situation happened to the Wetworks team.. Both can fight attack physically and mentally.. Similar to Psylocke, Mimic, Cable...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:23 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
Good question!

Really, my plan works just fine as long as he's doing something big and flashy and using his spectrum vision. He doesn't have to come after Super-Skrull. Doing exactly what Roldz said he was doing still sets him up wonderfully for my sucker-punch.

I'm off to bed now. G'night all.

Man, you still havent proven those transmitter would affect me, as i said before his not some machine/robots that affects him, his got a human freakin brain, not to mention those vision he can turn off.. Also ive got Grails compwave to block all radio/frequencies transmission..

My Artwork

Last edited by Ambient on Dec 27th, 2006 at 06:31 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:28 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Less experienced? Mordo's been at this since the 30s and this is his specialty! Strange couldn't get a win against Mordo in psychic combat without using his amulet. Mordo can mind-control people from the other side of the world. Mordo beat Dracula in a battle of wills. The Wetworks guys arent anywhere near his league.

As far as finding his via psychic emanations, there's nothing to trace. His astral form is right there. Strange was only ever ably to find Mordo's body by projecting his own astral form and following Mordo back personally. Grail>> than Dr. Strange? I think not.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:00 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

While Grail assisting Dane against Mordo won't change the outcome of the astral throwdown, it will drag it out.

In the mean time, Ra's is putting his other assets into the field.
Super-Skrul shapeshifts into an owl for night-vision and silent flight, turns invisible, and flies out in a broad arc to where Roldz team is. With Dane and Grail tied up with Mordo they won't have any warning when the entire area is bathed in flames!

Havok, Iron Fist, Backlash, and Zealot are barbecued before they know what hit them. Just to be sure, Kl'rt makes a big forcefield cylender around the area and keeps up the heat to boil alive anybody who ducked underneath the water.

Meanwhile, Temugin and Deadshot (D. carrying the Sligguth totem) move out to renezvous for the endgame. Temugin makes his way through the trees Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon-style.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 01:49 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Less experienced? Mordo's been at this since the 30s and this is his specialty! Strange couldn't get a win against Mordo in psychic combat without using his amulet. Mordo can mind-control people from the other side of the world. Mordo beat Dracula in a battle of wills. The Wetworks guys arent anywhere near his league.

As far as finding his via psychic emanations, there's nothing to trace. His astral form is right there. Strange was only ever ably to find Mordo's body by projecting his own astral form and following Mordo back personally. Grail>> than Dr. Strange? I think not.

Strength of wills Mordo is not beating Danes? It took 3 Entities whos been around for aeons w/ the symbiotes to break his hold off them,
and this time Mordo's isnt back/inhanced by Dormammu..
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sym1ch8.jpg
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sym2wt2.jpg
http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?...ngmind30ww1.jpg
By the way im not breaking any rule, If it was Mordo flesh casting alsort of magic vs Dane's, Dane's Stands no chance but Mordo's astral form is not the whole, Dane can challenge him in the astral world and in there his Dr. Strange and More but where not gonna use that feats mostly ill only be defending and bombarding you w/ what you fear the most, nightmares, failures and the likes see both can play that game..
http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ckhold22qx7.jpg
Astral forms still leaves residual psionic energies, BSupes spectral vision is akin to that of a cosmic awareness not to mention Grail can sense this energies as well..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:54 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
While Grail assisting Dane against Mordo won't change the outcome of the astral throwdown, it will drag it out.

In the mean time, Ra's is putting his other assets into the field.
Super-Skrul shapeshifts into an owl for night-vision and silent flight, turns invisible, and flies out in a broad arc to where Roldz team is. With Dane and Grail tied up with Mordo they won't have any warning when the entire area is bathed in flames!

As i said above post, Dane can hold em off by his lonesome, you challenge him in the astral world, in there he shines..lol

Again Skrull went down when you where trying to set up a trap against my herald char.. His not going down/affected with those gadget thats supposed to emit crazzy wave patterns, tv static why would he be affect by those cause of his spectral vision, he might see it but it would be just another energy immission in the spectrum and thats all its effect.. Ecstacy and BSkrull goes down in here, Ecstacy gets blasted in the back after my herald turns intangible then SSkrull gets taken down by the kinetic vortex who still keeps growing the faster it spins w/ Danes tp assault too, so right there 2 of your team goes down...

I can always rip asunder the whole field with my kinetic storm and also with Supes geo manipulation i can cause massive quakes on the field, w/ Grail blasting the field as well, I dont need him there w/ Dane.. Either way will find you than take you via natural disaster type or hunt you one by one.. Mordo's body is defenseless he aint protecting anythin...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 07:12 PM
Laminator_X

At this point, while (as Roldz said) Dane and Grail are standing up to Mordo in a psychic battle, the Super Skrull shifts back into his normal form and (having incinerated/boiled the less durable members of Roldz's team) starts pounding the crap out of Dane's mortal coil.

Now Dane's hella durable, but even at 60's strength level the Thing was able to KO the Silver Surfer catching him flat-footed. That's exactly what Kl'rt is doing here. He floats up invisably on a force collum, switches all rocky, jumps down on top of Dane, and just starts wailing away.

Needless to say this looses Dane the psychic battle as well as putts him in a world of hurt.

Once Mordo has rifled through Dane's mind (Grail is out of the psychic battle once Dane's no-longer linking them) he ghosts back to find Temugin and gives him instructions.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 07:26 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
At this point, while (as Roldz said) Dane and Grail are standing up to Mordo in a psychic battle, the Super Skrull shifts back into his normal form and (having incinerated/boiled the less durable members of Roldz's team) starts pounding the crap out of Dane's mortal coil.

Yup i did say that but i realized Grail doesnt need to be there, so he goes out, and assist outside.. Dane can handle this by himself, You challenged him in the astral world and in there he shines.. Its like throwing him in a weapon storage w/ all sorts of gun and unlimited ammunation, kinda like going H2H with Superman in the freakin sun.. Man..
SSkrull got toasted a way back, So is Ecstacy.. And if you deside to show your self right now your whole team gets wripped asunder, by my storm not too mention my blasters and those Quakes, massive wind and flooding...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 07:39 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
Now Dane's hella durable, but even at 60's strength level the Thing was able to KO the Silver Surfer catching him flat-footed. That's exactly what Kl'rt is doing here. He floats up invisably on a force collum, switches all rocky, jumps down on top of Dane, and just starts wailing away.

Aint happening his died a while back ago already..

quote:
Needless to say this looses Dane the psychic battle as well as putts him in a world of hurt.

Once Mordo has rifled through Dane's mind (Grail is out of the psychic battle once Dane's no-longer linking them) he ghosts back to find Temugin and gives him instructions.

Not in the astral plane, as i said before, your giving him unlimited ammunition in there and since your the one who brought him there, i dont think im breakin any rule...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 07:44 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Absolutely no one has voted. I'll to close this soon. Don't make me choose who wins.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 08:51 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X

Ok, since we're starting to run close on time, I'm going to take a moment to re-address some of Roldz's arguements and show why my version of events thus far is the more reasonable and likely before posting my final moves.

RE: The Spectrum Vision thing. Roldz seems to think that I have to somehow prove that a bunch of crazy psychedelic patterns and chaos might prove momentarily distracting. This is self-evident. He states in his write-up that Blue will be scanning for us, so he'll see the "wave show." It's irrelevant that he can turn it off, that moment of attention is all I need for my plan to work.

RE: Blasting Ecstacy. He's given no explanation for how Havok is supposed to hurt her while she's intangible. For that matter, it Grail & Supes are turning off their energy sight to avoid the distractions, nobody on his team even has a chance to spot her ahainst the night sky. I even had her drilling for this maneuver in my prep write-up.

RE: Fixer short of materials. We're at a yu-huh-nu-uh point on this one, so I'll offer an alternative. If the Fixer is short of materials, (which again I do not concede, as he's making nothing bigger than some cell phones) my strategy would not be altered in the least if he had to sacrifice parts from his tech-pack to make up the difference. That thing gets plenty big, and fixer's role in my battle plan is strictly command & control/ surveilance. He's by no means short of time. It might take Reed or Tony a couple hours to design and build a psi-blocker, but the Fixer doesn't need to do that. He's just copying a design he already has in his tech-pack.

RE: Super-Skrull taken out by the energy vortex. I stated in my prep that the Super Skrull was over a mile inside my lines as the match opened. That gives him plenty of time and space to avoid the trouble.

RE: The vortex/storm/flooding taking out my team. Roldz has given no credible explanation as to how (even if he had the opportunity, which I denied him) he would be able to find my hiding-spot, in order to direct his vortex there. None of my exposed characters (Super-Skrull+force field & Intangible Ecstacy) would be bothered by the storm in the least, and the other secondary effects won't do anything with both Mordo's wards in place and Temugin in position to butress the place if needed.

RE: Dane & Grail vs. Astral Mordo. Mordo's only less powerful in his astral form in that he can't channel other-dimensional gods or tap the universal enegies for spells. His psychic might in undiminished, and that's still more than Dane can handle. As for the Astral being a turf advantage for Dane, that's simple rediculous. Mordo was mastering this form of combat before Dane started kindergarten. There's no way Roldz's e-meta psychic can stand up to my herald-level psychic for vary long on his own. Saying that Mordo is at a disadvantage because he likes to use other magic too is like if I were to say that Dane was at a disadvantage because he often carries guns. It's a specious argument.

As far as Grail's involvement, well I will concede that if Grail joins in, Mordo cant just roll right over Dane. You saw my posts for how that's turning out. (The rest of the team roasted/boiled while the Wetworks duo are astral with Mordo) If Grail doesn't get in the battle, Dane goes down fast and Mordo gets to report back with team intel sooner like I originally planned. The only difference this makes either way in my game-plan is that we end up taking out Grail first and then ambush the rest of the team rather than vice-versa.

I will also point out that I haven't once said "oh wait, never-mind I'm doing something different" in the midst of battle. My only changes to my moves have been to adapt my tactics to Roldz maneuvers. Once I make a move, I'm sticking with it even if I come up with a better idea later.

Now then, I mentonned something about taking out Grail...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 08:54 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yeah, thats too bad.. I had fan dough.. Good match up Lam..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 08:54 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I quess where not done yet...

quote:
RE: The Spectrum Vision thing. Roldz seems to think that I have to somehow prove that a bunch of crazy psychedelic patterns and chaos might prove momentarily distracting. This is self-evident. He states in his write-up that Blue will be scanning for us, so he'll see the "wave show." It's irrelevant that he can turn it off, that moment of attention is all I need for my plan to work.

Its not going to be distracting to him, in his spectral vision those psychedelic/chaos pattern, would just be another energy signal in the spectrum, its not like hed be hypnotized/mental attack.. Anyway ill leave that too who ever votes...

quote:
RE: Blasting Ecstacy. He's given no explanation for how Havok is supposed to hurt her while she's intangible. For that matter, it Grail & Supes are turning off their energy sight to avoid the distractions, nobody on his team even has a chance to spot her ahainst the night sky. I even had her drilling for this maneuver in my prep write-up.

When your about to put my already intangible Supes in your cloak which at this time youd have to be solid to do these and since my team is link together we act as one...

quote:
RE: Fixer short of materials. We're at a yu-huh-nu-uh point on this one, so I'll offer an alternative. If the Fixer is short of materials, (which again I do not concede, as he's making nothing bigger than some cell phones) my strategy would not be altered in the least if he had to sacrifice parts from his tech-pack to make up the difference. That thing gets plenty big, and fixer's role in my battle plan is strictly command & control/ surveilance. He's by no means short of time. It might take Reed or Tony a couple hours to design and build a psi-blocker, but the Fixer doesn't need to do that. He's just copying a design he already has in his tech-pack.

The techpack has a limit in mass, it cannot grow any bigger than it is, thats atleast what i read in the bio..

quote:
RE: Super-Skrull taken out by the energy vortex. I stated in my prep that the Super Skrull was over a mile inside my lines as the match opened. That gives him plenty of time and space to avoid the trouble.

You stated that you were going to distract my herald char.. that means your quite close to the vortex and remember the vortex is growing in size its been spinning for a while... And lets not forget Danes tp attack.. No psi-blocker but thats my take dough..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 09:09 PM
Laminator_X

Alright, since Roldz split us into a couple of altenate timelines here with the Grail/no-Grail thing in the astral fight, I don't have time to go into as much detail as I usually like.

Essentially, once Mordo masters Dane (sooner without Grail, later and the-rest-of-the-team-dead if Grail joins the outmatched Dane against Mordo) he'll have wrested from him the knowledge of Grail's weakness to electricity and magnatism.

Mordo then briefs Temugin, returns to his body, teleports to the battle-site (via the Winds of Watoomb, so as to not overtax his own energies) and he and Temugin proceed to curbstomp Grail with magic lightning and so on. If the rest of the team isn't already dead, they're blasted by Super-Skrull's flames since without Grail to warn them he takes them unawares.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 09:16 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

If this match doesn't get any votes real soon. I'm going to choose the winner.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 09:20 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
RE: The vortex/storm/flooding taking out my team. Roldz has given no credible explanation as to how (even if he had the opportunity, which I denied him) he would be able to find my hiding-spot, in order to direct his vortex there. None of my exposed characters (Super-Skrull+force field & Intangible Ecstacy) would be bothered by the storm in the least, and the other secondary effects won't do anything with both Mordo's wards in place and Temugin in position to butress the place if needed.

A 5X5 mile radius is no problem for a storm this size to go through, Also the massive Quake that Blue supes would cause, I dont have to find you ill just cover the whole field w/ those storm, Temugin matter ring ain doing anything since he cant make the dome anymore stronger, you know he cant make elements into another making it stronger...

quote:
RE: Dane & Grail vs. Astral Mordo. Mordo's only less powerful in his astral form in that he can't channel other-dimensional gods or tap the universal enegies for spells. His psychic might in undiminished, and that's still more than Dane can handle. As for the Astral being a turf advantage for Dane, that's simple rediculous. Mordo was mastering this form of combat before Dane started kindergarten. There's no way Roldz's e-meta psychic can stand up to my herald-level psychic for vary long on his own. Saying that Mordo is at a disadvantage because he likes to use other magic too is like if I were to say that Dane was at a disadvantage because he often carries guns. It's a specious argument.

I dont need Grail there, he left.. Danes is a god in the astral world, Mordo brought him there, That plan back fired.. Mordo aint doing nothing on him, while his in there... It would have probably better for you to assault him in physical world but not there...

quote:
I will also point out that I haven't once said "oh wait, never-mind I'm doing something different" in the midst of battle. My only changes to my moves have been to adapt my tactics to Roldz maneuvers. Once I make a move, I'm sticking with it even if I come up with a better idea later.

This is a battle, Things changed when your fighting, but nothing big was changed on my tactics..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 09:24 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
Alright, since Roldz split us into a couple of altenate timelines here with the Grail/no-Grail thing in the astral fight, I don't have time to go into as much detail as I usually like.

Alright it dont matter if Grail is in there or not, it would even be a curbstomp for Mordo if Grail is in here too, Asssisting an Astral freakin God...
http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?i...fmind410pl5.jpg
remember your the one who brought him here...

quote:
Essentially, once Mordo masters Dane (sooner without Grail, later and the-rest-of-the-team-dead if Grail joins the outmatched Dane against Mordo) he'll have wrested from him the knowledge of Grail's weakness to electricity and magnatism.

Mordo aint going nowhere, ive got a psi-hold on your astral form.. You aint breaking it in this world..

quote:
Mordo then briefs Temugin, returns to his body, teleports to the battle-site (via the Winds of Watoomb, so as to not overtax his own energies) and he and Temugin proceed to curbstomp Grail with magic lightning and so on. If the rest of the team isn't already dead, they're blasted by Super-Skrull's flames since without Grail to warn them he takes them unawares

This aint happening cause you aint going nowhere.. both Grail and Dane has got a hold of you here.. While be BSupes takes rid the ground/field apart w/ his kinetic Vortex storm, Quakes, Tidal waves cause by the Vortex and Quakes w/ water from the swamp.. You cant hide from this attacks..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 09:34 PM