KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)

EVANGEL94's 2nd SLUGFEST SHOWDOWN TOURNAMENT: Laminator_X VS Roldz (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Roldz
I gave you that, but here's what you didnt expect Supes not responding to that, there are other members of my team..

Actually, I had a backup plan in place from the get go, as you can see both on page one, and a few posts back on page four.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 02:41 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Well, if Roldz is done, I won't hammer away while he's not free to respond. I'll recap a few points and then sign off as well.

Initial strategies:
We spent page after page arguing over weather my initial strategy would work. I won't repeat them here.

Roldz strategy OTOH was an immediate failure. He never presented any justification for how his spotters might overcome Mordo's magical misdirection. He repeated their sensory powers again and again, without bringing any new ideas into play. It was just more "track their energies and shoot them."

I said what my response would be if Ecstacy didn't initially snag Superman. Rolds never posted a single idea for what he might do if he couldn't find us with his scans.

Progress of the Debate
Roldz again and again responded to my moves with things his characters could have done to avoid their fates. Unfortunately these repeatedly contradicted what he had actually said his characters were doing in his write-up or in previous posts. This is a battle, not an odds thread. We need to be judged by what we plan for and do, not by what might've been helpful in hindsight.

I must also point out that his response to my second major attack was to claim powers for Dane beyond what's allowed in his weight-class, and then to again switch tactics after already posting his response.

Alternatives based on your opponents responses are fine, but wanting a do-over because you changed your mind is not.

Some have suggested that I was dictating what his characters would do. Not so. Apart from suggesting that Superman might take the bait for my initial trap (which I didn't argue even once when Roldz write-up said otherwise), all I have done is attempt to hold Roldz to what Roldz said his charcters were doing, and post my next moves accordingly.

Thanks to all, esp Roldz and Evangel, and good night.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 03:50 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by Laminator_X
write-up also contradicts you claim of Grail watching Superman's back as a source of salvation. Your stated opening move for Grail was to search my half of the battlefield for snakes and alligators ("locals" as you put it).
Niether of those things ads up to avoiding my initial strike.

We all know Thanos is quite arrogant and was totally understamating Capt. mainly his strategic tactical merit, its why he was caught off quard by Cloak..
This far differ than the situation presented in this match up, 1st. Off
theres no understamation from either Supes or any of my team against the opponent, 2nd. we were expecting any traps that might present in our situation that is why we remained vigilant and the formation of our group(Dane/Havok/BSupes and Grail in the air just above them, Zealot/Backlash/IronFist) they where dived this way in order to support each other, 3rd. the powerset involved on the target being BSupes far diff. than Thanos..

What you mentioned above is not my opening move but was my prep.. Grail was searching for the energy signature of the local as my prep, he was free when the initial fight begins.. Check my write up again..
quote:
Umm, Roldz all that scan shows is a medic having a hard time administering anasthesia, and having problems with her "medical scans." That's a far cry from what you're claiming

Thats the only scan i can find but there are a few occasions that they remained undetected by visual security system and Werewolved/Vampires unable to detect them tell they opened fire, its somethin about bio interference from the symbiote... As said in the scan posted above "Symbiote running interference"..
quote:
Roldz strategy OTOH was an immediate failure. He never presented any justification for how his spotters might overcome Mordo's magical misdirection. He repeated their sensory powers again and again, without bringing any new ideas into play. It was just more "track their energies and shoot them."

quote:
A 5X5 mile radius is no problem for a storm this size to go through, Also the massive Quake that Blue supes would cause, I dont have to find you ill just cover the whole field w/ those storm, Temugin matter ring ain doing anything since he cant make the dome anymore stronger, you know he cant make elements into another making it stronger...

Quote from me, i mention this a few time on this thread...
Another thing you mentioned is your back up plan when your initial assualt failed, Mordo needs to show himself up atleast quite close to BSupes to cast these spells Munnopor’s Moonlit Maze, the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak,the Illusions of Ikonn. Supes is too fast for this spells, + itll gave a good chance of taking your herald.. By the way Mordo is not casting it back at your headquarters, even Dr. strange need cast it close to opponent during combat and his>>>>>>>Mordo..
quote:
I said what my response would be if Ecstacy didn't initially snag Superman. Rolds never posted a single idea for what he might do if he couldn't find us with his scans.

Read above quote for my response if i cant find you via my scans.. + you only get once chance cause on your first try Ecstacy gets taken care off, your too dependent on her to take out Supes and on her 1st try shes a goner, theres a few scans on how i might get rid of her in here thread...
quote:
Roldz again and again responded to my moves with things his characters could have done to avoid their fates. Unfortunately these repeatedly contradicted what he had actually said his characters were doing in his write-up or in previous posts. This is a battle, not an odds thread. We need to be judged by what we plan for and do, not by what might've been helpful in hindsight

Me thinks you need to read my write up again. See my attack is divided into 3 waves, you focused/depended to much of you winning base on the fall of my herald which happens on the 1st wave of my attack BSupes using his spectral visions which ive proven not going to work, you know him being able to filter his vision.. And in that attack it cost you Ecstacy, BSupes intangibility coupled w/ kinetic/momentum absorbtion completly stoping her movement then a modulating energy contruct that stops phasing and porting, Ive posted scans on this already, she goes down.. Same w/ SSkrull via Kinetic Vortex that was made during prep and Danes TP attacks..
This is how far you got, you needed Ecstacy for your back up plan but unfortunately shes unavailable..
Ive still got my 2nd and 3rd wave attacks...
quote:
I must also point out that his response to my second major attack was to claim powers for Dane beyond what's allowed in his weight-class, and then to again switch tactics after already posting his response.

Your base this attack on BSupes take down which he wasnt..
Your Char. Mordo took Dane in the astral plane whats a guy going to do with all that unlimited ammunition at his disposal, your char. gave him this opportunity.. It really dont change if Dane or Grail is around,Mordo would be stocked there w/ Danes psi-hold all Grail need to do is get out of the astral plane and helps his teamates..
Ive still got 3rd wave of attack to do...
quote:
Thanks to all, esp Roldz and Evangel, and good night.

Same here.. It was fun..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 09:41 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StarsNeverFall7

This has been one of the hardest matches to pick a side on as both have fought extremely hard...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:09 AM
StarsNeverFall7 is currently offline Click here to Send StarsNeverFall7 a Private Message Find more posts by StarsNeverFall7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Well I tried to give this thread extra time for votes to come in.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:16 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

darthgoober - roldz
scoobless - roldz

Winner: Roldz

Laminator X goes to the WildCard MiniTournament

Match closed

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:18 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

wow....I was gonna vote Laminator guess I came too late. He was doing a better job debating, which I think is the most important thing. Team wise maybe Roldz had an edge but eh.....good luck to both

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:21 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by Blair Wind
wow....I was gonna vote Laminator guess I came too late. He was doing a better job debating, which I think is the most important thing. Team wise maybe Roldz had an edge but eh.....good luck to both

I gave this match two days, and even gave it an extra couple hours today. You've had plenty of time to vote.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:23 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I was busy dealing with my tourny stuff....doesnt matter though

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 10:24 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote