KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Epic Movie

Epic Movie
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

Epic Movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799949/

I saw the trailer last night. ****.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 09:14 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Uh-kay, now this is getting absurd.

These are the same guys from Date Movie. Which coincedently are the writters for Scary Movie 5.

I don't know who green lights these projects. Whoever is doing it is killing the spoof genre.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 09:20 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Shit. This movie will be shit. Just like Date Movie was shit, and just like all four Scary Movies were shit. Because the Wayans brothers are not funny

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 09:22 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The Wayans have move onto funnier films like White Chicks and Little Man and....

*short pause*

Yep, you're right.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 09:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Another movie with people falling down and cat's talking and wiping their ass.

Quality comedy coming our way.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 09:30 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Spoof genre's been dead for a while now. It's no surprise. Personally, I liked "Date Movie" a lot. I watched it again the other day on Cinemax HD. It kinda goes back to the old school spoof with silly innuendos and just outrageous humour, not too over the top a la "Not Another Teen Movie". It was flat in parts, but I thought the good outweighed the bad.

As far as "Epic Movie" goes, I've seen 2 trailers. My hopes aren't high for it, as the writers also penned "Spy Hard", my least favorite Leslie Nielsen movie, but I'll sttill give it a look when it hits DVD. Honestly, it couldn't be much worse than "Scary Movie 4", which I didn't think was terrible.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 10:05 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The 'spoof' genre is not dead...look at Shaun of the Dead. The Wayans Brothers are just making a mockery of it. Spoof movies that are smart will never be out of style

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 10:43 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

you guys realize the wayans brothers arnt the ones behind epic movie? They stopped at Scary Movie 3. SM 4, date movie, and epic movie are not them.

You have:
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer to blame.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:10 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
The 'spoof' genre is not dead...look at Shaun of the Dead. The Wayans Brothers are just making a mockery of it. Spoof movies that are smart will never be out of style

"SOTD" was a parody, chockful of homages. There's a huge difference between parody and spoof, though. Spoofs just don't sell well anymore.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:24 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Originally posted by forumcrew
you guys realize the wayans brothers arnt the ones behind epic movie? They stopped at Scary Movie 3. SM 4, date movie, and epic movie are not them.

You have:
Jason Friedberg & Aaron Seltzer to blame.

2, actually. Zucker did 3.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:25 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by The Core
"SOTD" was a parody, chockful of homages. There's a huge difference between parody and spoof, though. Spoofs just don't sell well anymore.
Come to think of it, you're right. Never mind

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:44 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I'll give any spoof movie a try. The trailer has a couple funny parts. I'll see it before judging.

The theme of this one is obviously trying not to get any "Scary Movie 3 was crap because it spoofed 8 Mile" comments. They can spoof pretty much whatever they want in this and no one will argue against whether or not it belongs.

Last edited by Wolfie on Jan 2nd, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:46 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I was always opposed to keeping the whole "______ Movie" title after the Wayans dropped it, but it's what made the franchise its money. Kids wouldn't know who Jerry or David Zucker were, anyway. That said, it is getting old, using it for every spoof that makes it to theatres.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:52 PM
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see it. The Scary Movies were hilarious. That Superman part made me laugh.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2007 11:56 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvinjames

epic movie looks terrible

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:04 AM
calvinjames is currently offline Click here to Send calvinjames a Private Message Find more posts by calvinjames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Holly Friggin Shit! I just saw the trailer of this film. It looks even far worse than Date Movie. The minute they're spoofing Snakes on a Plane they practically shot themselves on the foot. Seriously, it's just too retarded. I'm sorry but this looks like it was made by a group of mentally challenge 6th graders.

I don't have to wait till December 31, 2007 for the worst movie of the year list. Without a doubt this will be the WORSE movie of the year. It takes the whole cake.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:05 AM
Solo

They're trying to spoof Borat? Seriously?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:11 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvinjames

another thing that really bothers me,they are slagging off the king of slag off movies which is borat,thats like if american dad slagged of south park its not right

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:11 AM
calvinjames is currently offline Click here to Send calvinjames a Private Message Find more posts by calvinjames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I love how they include spoofs of things that arent in the genre they spoof. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:14 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It's practically mentally challenge.

The Beaver talks and the girl kicks it....WTF this is not comical it's just retarded.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 12:14 AM