KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » rasengan vs. chidori (one-thousand birds)

rasengan vs. chidori (one-thousand birds)
Started by: marvel_monkey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): « First ... « 42 43 [44] 45 46 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Re: rasengan vs. chidori (one-thousand birds)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marvel_monkey
most powerful?
most efective?
cooler?
more destructive?
if they collide what would happen?

This is naruto with out demon fox comming out, and sasuke without letting out curse mark.

1. Rasengan

2. Rasengan

3. Chidori

4. Rasengan

5. If they collided they would be equal.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 03:13 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by psycho gundam
um..sasuke amped his chidori also and he can do a lot of crazy things with it now. for instance if he was facing kisame and he did his usual water release attack, sasuke could likely fry him.

the two moves are different but equal, kishimoto is making sasuke and naruto opposites but equal opposites in all ways.sasuke is going to be the main bad guy in the future and naruto the hokage to stop him.
I hope Sasuke doesn't become a main villain. He may have left Konoha to train with Orochimaru but he never really turned bad. Though if Tobi can manipulate him and make him attack Konoha...well I still won't like it but at least he won't be evil per se just stupid.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 04:09 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i hope i'm wrong to cause i'm just making hypotheses about the story, but they seem to be right.

the shitty thing about the resangan mixed with shape wind manipulation is the cell damage, so far none of the chidori variations have any permanently debilitating side effects(besides extreme chakra loss, but most high level jutsu have a high cost). and sasuke doesn't miss a lot so his chidori is CURRENTLY better.

the lightning strike is definitely better than naruto's wind shuriken.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 08:06 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kirin rapes fuuton rasengan.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 08:17 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Kirin rapes fuuton rasengan.

hell yea the kirin would destroy wind shuriken

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:05 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Re: Re: rasengan vs. chidori (one-thousand birds)

Originally posted by skywalker833
1. Rasengan

2. Rasengan

3. Chidori

4. Rasengan

5. If they collided they would be equal.

your logic is stupid because if chidori was weaker then they would never be equal

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:07 PM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by yungz22
hell yea the kirin would destroy wind shuriken
Nah. Kirin is like the Goken, external, breaking damage, Fuuton Rasengan is like Gental Fist, affects yo insides.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:14 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Chidori is like stabbing someone with a sword. Rasengan is like the hitting someone with a sledge hammer. You need to stab someone in a certain area for the stab to be fatal, so it requires a degree of accuracy... but a sledge hammer is going to mess you up reguardless of where it hits.

Kakashi's Raikiri was able to destroy one of Kazuku's hearts, did no damage to Kakashi and he was able to use the ability several more times through out the fight. Naruto's Wind Shuriken was able to destroy two of Kazuku's hearts, damaged Naruto (he would have been unable to fight with out the aid of a medical ninja) and can only be used a max of three times.

The problem with the Rasengan is the power is spread over a large area, while the Chidori (or Raikiri) is focused on a single point. This means the Chidori requires a large amount of accuracy to be used efficiently, where as the Rasengan will do a significant amount of damage regardless of where it hits. Since the Rasengan's (even the wind shuriken) damage is spread out over a large surface area and not focused on a certain point like the Chidori, it is less likely to be fatal.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jun 5th, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 10:58 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Nah. Kirin is like the Goken, external, breaking damage, Fuuton Rasengan is like Gental Fist, affects yo insides.

Kirin moves so fast that no one in the Naruto-verse can dodge it. It destroys not just one person, but wrecks entire mountain sides. It can be used from a distance. It doesn't require chakra, and doesn't break your own arm in the process.

The only real advantage fuuton-rasengan has is that it can be used at the drop of a hat, whereas Kirin needs special conditions to be used. Otherwise homo kirin is utterly superior. As sad as it is to say. Sawsgay of all people doesn't deserve such an uber move.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Chidori is like stabbing someone with a sword. Rasengan is like the hitting someone with a sledge hammer. You need to stab someone in a certain area for the stab to be fatal, so it requires a degree of accuracy... but a sledge hammer is going to mess you up reguardless of where it hits.

The problem with the Rasengan is the power is spread over a large area, while the Chidori (or Raikiri) is focused on a single point. This means the Chidori requires a large amount of accuracy to be used efficiently, where as the Rasengan will do a significant amount of damage regardless of where it hits. Since the Rasengan's (even the wind shuriken) damage is spread out over a large surface area and not focused on a certain point like the Chidori, it is less likely to be fatal.

That's because of the nature of the two attacks. Rasengan is explosive,while the Chidori is basically a sharp sword. The Chidori is designed to be a quick killing move. You charge it up, then rush your opponent and stab them in a vital spot to kill them. The actual attack is not flashy at all, it's designed to be quickly kill an opponent.

The Rasengan is different. While the Chidori is comparable to a sharp sword the Rasengan is comparable to a grenade. The Rasengan, when it hits you, damages you pretty much everywhere. It has a large destruction radius, as a result it also doesn't really kill you.

The two attacks are different sides of the same coin. The Rasengan has a large destruction radius with low damage power, while the more concentrated Chidori has an extremely small destruction radius, but has extreme piercing power to the point that it can cut through anything.

That is why Kakashi taught Sasuke the Chidori. He knew that he would go up against Gaara, and that Sasuke would need an attack that could literally cut through any form of defense Gaara could form. It would be an especially effective against Gaara because he pretty much never moves when fighting. This proved to be true when Sasuke's Chidori tore right through Gaara's sand shield and punctured him in the chest. However, it didn't kill him. There-in lies the Chidori's weakness. The Chidori is a gamble because it is only effective if it kills you. As already mentioned, the Chidori has an incredibly small destruction radius, only damaging the immediate area that it hits. As such, if the Chidori fails to kill it's opponent then it's about as damaging as getting hit with a kunai. Gaara, even after getting stabbed with the Chidori continued to fight, pretty much ignoring the fact that he just got stabbed in the chest.

This is why I think the Rasengan is superior. People think that the Rasengan sucks because it doesn't kill anyone. Well, since when is killing actually necessary? Completely disabling your opponent works just as well, if not better then killing your opponent. And unlike the Chidori, the Rasengan never fails at it's task. If you hit your opponent, it won't matter if you hit them in a vital spot because of the Rasengan's attack radius.

The attack completely surrounds you in chakra, so no matter where you get hit it's still just as effective. And so far everyone who's been hit with the Rasengan hasn't kept on fighting.

Last edited by Final Blaxican on Jun 6th, 2008 at 05:29 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:25 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Kirin moves so fast that no one in the Naruto-verse can dodge it. It destroys not just one person, but wrecks entire mountain sides. It can be used from a distance. It doesn't require chakra, and doesn't break your own arm in the process.

The only real advantage fuuton-rasengan has is that it can be used at the drop of a hat, whereas Kirin needs special conditions to be used. Otherwise homo kirin is utterly superior. As sad as it is to say. Sawsgay of all people doesn't deserve such an uber move.

Are we best friends now? eek!

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:51 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only if you let me have your eyes.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:07 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Sure, I don't need 'em... I'm Zatoichi. big grin

Attachment: zatoichi_04.jpg
This has been downloaded 45 time(s).

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:19 AM
NemeBro

Show scans or it didn't happen.

Your mom can wreck mountain sides.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:33 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

A battle damaged Itachi who was dying of a mysterous illness, had given Naruto a portion of his power and was almost blind managed to summon Susanno before he was hit by Kirin, so it isn't unbeatable.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 06:47 AM
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

ok kirin is fast strong cool and doesnt use the users actual chakra

wind shuriken is slow strong and a double edged sword and chakra draining

idk bout u but i would choose kirin

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 03:36 PM
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
A battle damaged Itachi who was dying of a mysterous illness, had given Naruto a portion of his power and was almost blind managed to summon Susanno before he was hit by Kirin, so it isn't unbeatable.

ok itachi is the only one who has a shield like that plus it can only be used onces that no one in the naruto world can have a shield like susanno except for an uchiha member

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 03:42 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by yungz22
ok kirin is fast strong cool and doesnt use the users actual chakra

wind shuriken is slow strong and a double edged sword and chakra draining

idk bout u but i would choose kirin
I'd rather use the one that I can pull of myself without having to use special circumstances. Actually I don't think I'd choose either one. Kirin has to have the right circumstances to use, and Wind Rasengan would make me unable to move my arms again.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:11 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Rasengun sounds overrated and Chidori sounds gay. The Rasengun is more powerful. Hell, a dozen ninjas can do chidori. Rasengun is hard to master, even for the hokages.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 01:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

2 ninja can do Chidori. If you don't have the sharingan you can't do Chidori or you'll end up dead. 4 ninja have been shown to use Rasengan, and anybody of high enough level can learn it, and use it easily.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 01:35 AM
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

Originally posted by Kento
2 ninja can do Chidori. If you don't have the sharingan you can't do Chidori or you'll end up dead. 4 ninja have been shown to use Rasengan, and anybody of high enough level can learn it, and use it easily.

correct

We are True Avengers

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 09:31 PM