KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- What's behind the Door?

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- What's behind the Door?
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- What's behind the Door?

Put your hand up if you remember the "What is at the Mausoleum?" thrad for Star Wars!

Ok, not many of you left. Still, great fun whilst it was there.

This won't be up anywhere near as long, but with any luck that will simply mean the fun is more intense!

So, let's hear your ideas. Speculate all you want, or share ideas and information.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Cheesecake.

Actually, I have no idea. So no one bother asking me about it!

I really would kind of like to know though...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:49 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

A metaphysical door leading to a room made of cheesecake... I'd enjoy that.

What's behind it? NO idea. But I'd like to know, too.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:55 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"According to the map, the cabin sh0uld be right here!"

"Hey... maybe there is no cabin. Maybe it's one of them, um, metaphorical things."

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Like maybe the "cabin" is the place inside each of us created by our goodwill and teamwork."

"Ohhh... Nah. They said there'd be sandwiches."

-

Lenny and Carl, The Simpsons.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:59 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I don't know tbh. I was thinking it's going to be some weird door, like the mero had in 'The Matrix Reloaded'. Some kind of system door that gets you somewhere pretty damn important. Access to the Machine mainframe or stuff. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be hard getting through it, hard in a non combat way.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 08:59 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, not that your character knows it, but as Matrix fans we know where the door to the Source is. So unless this is the spare door that no-one could be bothered to tell Neo about, that's not it.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:01 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Ooh, ooh, I know! It's nothing! The door opens to nothing! What's "behind" the door is whatever the hell everyone learns about themselves based on their experiences opening the door! big grin

...It fits with Lo Qi saying that knowing what was behind it would irrevocably influence your decision to open it. If you twist it hard enough...

Also fits with evil Ush-ness...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:13 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I vaguely remember something being mentioned about what was behind the door, and also trying to think of what it could be, from when I played over the summer...though I don't really remember what any of it was. Hmmm. I'll have to try and remember that...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:22 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

What's behind the Door?

It's a plaque reading 'The Really Useful Thing that was here has been removed by the System. May it's usefulness forever be withheld from any of Ush's game-players.'

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 09:58 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Maybe it's a door to Zion...or maybe it opens into whereever we want it to open into...

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 10:02 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, just to give some clues...

As for the "Nothing except that you bring with you" thing... not that that is a bad idea, but I think my Lenny and Carl quote is kinda there to discourage that kind of thing. There is a 'thing' there of some description. It is indeed important to measure your approach to the door, but I will make it clear that that importance is in context of the Door, and what is behind it, being a genuine phenomenon. In fact, many of you may well contest Lo Qi's prioritising of the approach to the door, and think it will be much simpler if the Oracle will just tell you. This may be true but it is to ignore several important things about how Matrix games work. It's just like how last time, the oracle could have told you what was going on with Jericho, but it was impossible to really appreciate the situation unless you lived through it, which is what the game was about. Same deal here. well.. actually kinda the same deal, anyway. It's not as if this is a puzzle you can live through as you can Jericho's journey- you already know all there is to know about it. If you knew any more the test would stop existing.

Suffice to say that this is a test of blind decision making with genuine consequences, of you either turning down a good thing, or accepting a bad. The value of that decision is really in it being a test of character. The consequences will still be there to be had, regardless of how that test goes.

People will be thinking "That would have been much less hassle if we had just been told!" afterwards, though I would like to think they were Combat Path people. Philo people should appreciate the test for what it is, even if the test has no value compared to the consequences of your decision. The test does have value, but only personal value- would you open the Door or not? To answer that, come crunch time, is to say something about you

Hence, the matter of the door is very much a matter for the Philo people to consider. Combat people CAN consider it, of course, but it's not what they are there for. But it;'s the blind test I am talking about there, not what is behind it. Guessing what is behind- the idea of this thread- it is pretty much irrelevant to the blind test! So that's open speculation for you all (though if Philo, or even Combat, players want to use this thread to discuss the blind choice as well, feel free)

Secondly... yeah, the door is still relevant. It's not a Zeiton.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 3rd, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 10:08 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

What is behind the door well what would an Exile want.

I mean we had maintence men trying to get to it for some reason a dna whacked out program thing that doesn't exist wanting it. What would those kind of people want behind a door out in the middle of nowhere.

I can't quite think of something yet but I'm thinking whatever is good for them is bad for us stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:41 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I agree with Rex.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 07:53 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The description reminds me of Avalon.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 09:23 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Frankly? The description reminds me of the room in the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, where you fight Dark Link.

Audible gasp! The Door leads to the Triforce! eek!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 12:47 PM
Peach
mordrem

Now THAT would be cool.

Though highly unlikely.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 05:03 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Well, Miyamoto-san had to hide it somewhere...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 05:07 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Which Triforce?

It is faintly Avalonesque, yes. Afraid that's not a clue though.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 05:17 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm going to put out an alternate matrix theroy, which while stupid, is fun to discuss...
What if the door leads to like a recycle bin like thing of the different, failed matrixes?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 07:15 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Which Triforce?

It is faintly Avalonesque, yes. Afraid that's not a clue though.

The Triforce of Wisdom, of course.

The whole point of it is so that we'll eventually learn to not make stupid mistakes happy

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 07:19 PM