KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's Tourney Match #2

Vote for who you think won the match
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Roldz/Nino 8 30.77%
pr/Rewmac 18 69.23%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batdude's Tourney Match #2
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Matches end tonight at midnight.

Keep that in mind, posters...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 05:52 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

*un-official* By which time zone??

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:00 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Eastern

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:01 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

*un-official* Eastern what? New York?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:02 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rewmac
*un-official* Eastern what? New York?

It's 1:10 pm here right now.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:10 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by batdude123

Midnight?

no expression

I thought they were ending on sunday afternoon.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:38 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Scoobless
Midnight?

no expression

I thought they were ending on sunday afternoon.

Nope.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:45 PM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

The way I see it holograms identified handled it's only light energy which is basic for Hal or Gabriel. (Still wainting for pr)

Surfer is busy fighting Hal Jordan but since Surfer is captured because he really wanted to go for Vulcan. Hal makes his move blasting him then putting him into a box and squeezing him while scanning for weakspots.

(During this BSupes is making his own with Vulcan)

When weakspots are shown or identified Hal could just go aand bash him up. Like Beta Ray Bill did it with two blows and Surfer was out.
I count on this because I've showed what was capable of amping his strenght against Mongul.
So Surfer is cracked even if he has the knowledge how to take down Hal it was too much for him. But if you disagree with Hal catching Norrin it could be possible that some distraction was created to catch Surfer. And since the the ring scanned for weakspots the other possibility in the box is draining the power cosmic which is Surfer's life force. Quasar did and he lost because he threw the Power Cosmic back at him.

One way or the other I see Surfer out and Hal for the win. Even if Surfer tries the board hitting him the ring will shield or react to the attack. And since Hal dealt with tons of energy users in the past Power Cosmic blast can be shielded too.

I think Hal Jordan overcomes the Silver Surfer while the other too are fighting. And then he can help out Vulcan (I don't think he needs it) or help Superman out.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 06:56 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
As facing Surfer the ring can scan for weakspots and we all know if someone starts to drain his power he is dying to. Quasar did the same he just messed up because he threw it right back at him. There is no reason Hal couldn't do it.

You mean like this guy trying to absorb Surfers PC.. But he put a stop to it, and this guy was amp w/ enigma force

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...erSurferfightin

Surfer can play desame game too.. This scan shows Hal's ring can be absorbed too and the diff. w/ him and SS is that SS can stop an absorption feat Hal cant.. PC >>>>> GL rings

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?...labsorvedv4.jpg
Hal could'nt do nothing about it, he got out by Deadmans help..

quote:
You can amp up your strenght. Hal can do that except Surfer showed that he can't reall take a natural beating. He can take energy blasts okay but good old beating nooo. Hal can create an armor big and strong enough to squeeze the life out of Norrin Rad.

Here Surfer taking a beating from Krosakis Glads strength + other captured being energies up via enigma force..
\http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/...verseSS1-15.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/...verseSS1-13.jpg
He even smiled after a planet fall, nowhere Hal can amp as much as that..

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/.../MCP175-p12.jpg
another against Lunatic.. + lets not forget all his matches against savage Hulk w/ a scratch..

Surfer can take any beating any day cept Thanos, dont really know why?

quote:
And I see you couldn't really get my scans of the catching Flash stuff. Nobody there and then were unable to catch the Flash. So if you are going against Vulcan which you want so badly Mr. Rad is going to be caught by a big green aura.

Yeah well that Aura is easy taken care of the disrapt focus attack dissipating the construct by either Surfer/BSupes..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ilversurfer.jpg
Heres he moves in speed of light in circles.. How fast was Flash going in that scan above? stick out tongue

quote:
Ring tells him : Hal these are holograms...

Hal just flies through them (not slowly)...While he flies the ring detects where are the real ones. As for now I'll see it 2 seconds not more.

You think you can take you my team in 2 seconds?? Interesting thought actually.

A nano second is all that it takes for Surfer to act meaning face Vulcan in fight which is the plan, i didnt say they where going to take the whole team 2 second to beat..

quote:
But no I think you can't. I have two veterans who faced more danger and costume change in their life they won't be fooled that easy. You seem to think that Hal is some kind of rookie. Well he isn't.

Not really, its not the experience that is in question its the limitation of his rings abilities..

quote:
The way I see it holograms identified handled it's only light energy which is basic for Hal or Gabriel. (Still wainting for pr)

Ive posted scans why Gabriel cant identify those holograms in time.. Same w/Hal..

Sorry ive to continue this later, kinda late for my 2nd shift work..

My Artwork

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 09:16 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by batdude123

For participants or judges ?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2007 09:50 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by grey fox
For participants or judges ?

Participants.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:31 AM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Answer to Roldz :

Not going work since Surfer was still distracted. And we know if he is surrounded by emerald creatures Surfer can be caught. And since GL scanned Norrin for weak spots. Hal can just go with that.

Also there is no proof Power Cosmic is above the Power Of OA, The Power Of The Guardians. But if you bring me proof that states that Silver Surfer amount of Power Cosmic is above Hal Jordan's fully charged power ring I'll agree until that I won't.

Holograms won't work. I showed proof. You are using basic energy against high class energy manipulators.

I really don't see what makes you think the ring can't react to Norrin.
It will because Hal also has a lot of concentration and will put into the fight and ring now knows the weak spots and powers of the Surfer and all that now needs to be done is what I wrote.

Distraction.

Containment.

Hal can even give energy blast and physical hits inside the box while also squeezing him.
Since the ring now knows that Surfer can go through even walls, absorb energy it will automatically go for a head stomp and big blast inside a box. While Surfer head is cracked Hal can make a full concentration blast.

Originally posted by Roldz

A nano second is all that it takes for Surfer to act meaning face Vulcan in fight which is the plan, i didnt say they where going to take the whole team 2 second to beat..

Not really, its not the experience that is in question its the limitation of his rings abilities..

Again you are overconfident and saying you can take out Hal in nano seconds??? Now won't that be something? I strongly disagree with you there.

Of course the experience comes in handy when we are talking about imagination and will power. And now that Parallax is back to the central battery Hal's ring still has a bigger capability if we can say that (for example no yellow weakness) also it was stated millions of times that the OA Power Rings are only limited to the users will and own fantasy, imagination. And we know Hal is one of the strongest of the Green Lanterns with a very useful imagination.

So I see Surfer knocked out as for my side.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:34 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Alright, i can't copy and paste every post i'm replying to, as it might take a few posts, so i'm just going to be short and to the point as best i can, but rest assured i have sat and read every last word... smile

and let me apologise to anyone who thinks the post is too long (or that there are too many scans), i assure you, its more necessary than you realise... stick out tongue

Alrighty, here we go...

Holograms

Roldz, you say that Vulcan can't detect the holograms, as, in your view, he has only shown limited energy manipulation abilities... i have to disagree...

in x-men: deadly genesis #5 (and no, this has nothing to do with darwin), he seemingly switched off an entire sentinel's power supply with little more than a glance... he didn't seem to put in much effort in fighting the sentinel at all... now i know most characters are capable of beating sentinels, but how many have you seen that can simply switch one off? thats not bad...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/XMDG05_09.jpg

neither is what he did in uncanny x-men #480, while fighting the imperial guard... impulse, who as i already stated is basically living energy inside a containment suit (who does that sound like? stick out tongue), was destroyed by vulcan rather easily, which says to me that vulcan could detect and manipulate the energy poor ol impulse was made up of with little effort, if any at all...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...Men_480_005.jpg

and cosmo and neutron actually drained energy from him, and what did he do? he made them explode from the inside out...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...Men_480_009.jpg

that to me, says that vulcan is capable of easily detecting (or actually quite naturally, the way you or i would hear a sound) multiple forms of energy, and holograms are nothing but basic, light based energy, so i really don't think they'll fool him at all...

now, superman... SUPERMAN... honestly... the guy can see in many spectrums, he can see in x-ray, infa red and so on, but its the extent of that power that needs to be considered... superman can look at a person's soul... a BLOODY SOUL!!! (superman v2 #220) plus, the microscopic thing can even distinguish between different dna strands (action #829, superman v2 #219, where he was able to identify batman's dna just by looking at the blood on his hands).

Now, if we consider superman's vision to be somewhat similar to our own, let's say, for instance, that he switches spectrums the way we focus our eyes... try it... see how quickly you can change focus? Now, imagine someone who can do that thousands (or millions) of times faster...

superman isn't getting fooled at all...

you said:

quote:
Thats the point! you guys being occupied even slightly; Vulcan trying to make sense of the situation, Hal firing against the hologram, it buy's as a

little time to formulate our battle plan..

as i've shown above, these guys won't be fooled, at all... i really think this whole hologram tactic is a dead end when you look at the actual people you're trying to fool...

Kryptonite and Union's Durability

you also said that atom took down superman... firstly, he channelled his energy through a kryptonite ring, and it was an offensive blast... and superman had no defense against it...

how does that give union (or anyone else) the same chance? they've no k-ring, and unions armour is just radiation, no concentrated blasts, nothing of the sort... there's nothing to stop superman from just keeping his distance and pounding the hell out of him with heat vision or cold/wind breath...

and superman (in this battle at least) has a shield... a big, green, oan shield...

While Union's durability is very impressive, and i don't think anyone can disagree with that, a charged supes is a whole different kettle of fish than normal supes...

while normal supes does stuff like punching through green lantern shields (action #829) and going up against the likes of darkseid and khyber, sundipped supes does stuff like this:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...mics782pg13.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...mics782pg14.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...mics782pg17.jpg

so while we know that union is pretty capable, are you saying a guy that does what i've just shown won't at the very least be able to match him one on one?

if you are, then i don't agree, at all...

oh, and a quick note... if union's armour is just k-radiation inside a stasis field, then it won't have an effect on superman... why? because its a stasis field... no radiation will get in or out... erm

Taking out Vulcan straight away

I really think that's a bit hopeful, given the fact that he'll already have a shield up when the match starts, and that our team, at least at the start of the match, will be close enough to each other to watch out for each other... so speedblitzing isn't going to be a huge factor imo...

the speed of his reflexes are also inconsequential this early in the fight, thats what the prep was for... stick out tongue

Superman's Bio aura

Twenty minutes to come up with a way of penetrating it, when so far the only consistent way to get through it was by using magic? I really don't think anyone, much less the Silver Surfer can come up with a way to penetrate it, regardless of how much knowledge Superman Blue has about Superman's Bio field. And this information could easily be out of date, especially after one year later, where Supes' powers have undergone several changes...

i honestly think that you're placing a lot of faith in the chance that your guys might figure a way through it... i'm sorry, maybe with a few days, or even a few weeks they could do it, but twenty minutes?

Superman Blue and his effect on the fight

Superman Blue, to me, is really the weakest member of the other team... if i wasnt so sure i wouldnt be saying it... he's weak against energy manipulators, vulcan comes from a family of people who are all energy users in some way... and he's easily the most powerful... i honestly don't see superman blue having a huge impact on this fight given the plan we've already laid out...

Why i believe we win...

In a word? Simplicity...

Our opposition places too much emphasis on too many different factors, and if one of those factors doesn't bear fruit, well, imo, they're in trouble...

union's kryptonite armour (in a stasis field no less stick out tongue), taking vulcan out as soon as possible, breaking through superman's bio aura, using holograms to try and fool our guys etc...

We are only relying on two things...

Our prep (which of course will work, as its simple prep thats been established in many comics as being easily achievable), and the hope that rew's guy can keep the surfer busy for a few minutes...

that's it... nothing more, nothing less, because we believe that with the simple plan we laid out, victory is (well i don't want to say easily, but with a sound tactical basis, well within the realms of possibility) achievable...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 01:36 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

{edited}

..after the time limit for the match. Sorry bud.

My Artwork

Last edited by Digi on Jan 14th, 2007 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:27 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Voting for Rewmac and PR

Reasons : Blue Supes is a serious Achilles heal here , the guy got pwned by Dr light ! for christs sake (Before his mind returned) he can get drained by any of these guys. ESPECIALLY Vulcan.

The holograms which you keep relying on can be seen through ,Birthright backs up the 'Multi spectrum' stuff.

K-nite radiation is near useless and overall your putting a LOT of faith in Surfer and Union winning their matches.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:01 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Roldz

Sorry, this post was made an hour and a half after the match ended. This post is to be disregarded by the judges making their decision. I'd request Digi to perhaps delete this post....

Sorry for the trouble, Roldz...

Last edited by Digi on Jan 14th, 2007 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:03 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Done

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Suck up.

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:45 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

My vote goes to Rew and PR.

Nino and Roldz did a good job and I had the match even in the first few days. I wasn't completely convinced that they're team could use all the matter/energy manipulation and holograms against Rew/Pr's team effectively for a win. I was more convinced with Rew and Pr in their counter points also. Hat's off to both teams. I think everybody will agree that Roldz and Nino did well in they're first tourny.

Good debate everybody. cool

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 06:54 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

That's 2 judges votes and the poll for pr/rew. They win.

Congrats boys, and good luck in the next round.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2007 07:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote