KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Infinity Gauntlet!

Respect the Infinity Gauntlet!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
It didn't take five cubes...

The one cube was EXHAUSTED by making Thanos into a universe, it didn't have any power left, it was just a filter circuit for Thanos's power, it recycled it...

Five cubes created the universe and had energy to spare....
But Thanos is always an exception when it comes to harnessing supreme power. Not just anyone could have used a Cube to the same degree.

Magus used his 5 CCU's to create a duplicate reality, so with 30 CCU's we can assume that HE could have made 6 duplicate realities.

If Thanos would have had 30 CCU's then he alone might have been able to make 30 duplicate realities. But remember, his force of will and thirst for power is MUCH greater then most other beings. Thanos has shown that he, through force of will, can harness powers that were thought impossible to fully wield. (THOTI for instance).

Thanos isn't really a good "control" character to use. Especially when we are talking about what he can and has accomplished with power supreme.

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 11th, 2007 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 02:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Awsome thread Galan!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 02:49 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Originally posted by Priest
Awsome thread Galan!
Thanks Priest!

全王

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 03:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

The user doesn't matter, I'm talking about the cubes raw power, which is one universe.

So the cosmic egg has a energy supply over thrity universes (Since it was greater then the sum of its parts).

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 03:28 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

The user doesn't matter, I'm talking about the cubes raw power, which is one universe.

So the cosmic egg has a energy supply over thrity universes (Since it was greater then the sum of its parts).
True, 1 Cube has the potential to create a universe, but that doesn't mean that just anyone could have exploited The Cosmic Egg's power to create 30 universes. Thanos is defiantly the exception when it comes to that area.

That's why I'm sticking with what Magus did with 5 Cubes, in my equation.

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 11th, 2007 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 03:35 PM
King Kandy

Well I don't care how functionally powerful it is... I'm only refering to the net amount of energy contained in the cube.

Plus, when Magus used the cubes, it didn't JUST create a universe, it did a lot of other stuff and had energy to spare, he probably coul have made other universes before they got used up.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:14 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Well I don't care how functionally powerful it is... I'm only refering to the net amount of energy contained in the cube.
Thanos is the only being who was able to become one with the universe while in possession of a single Cube. So a Cube CAN do this but only with a will as strong as Thanos's (and there are very few who possess a will that strong).

Plus, when Magus used the cubes, it didn't JUST create a universe, it did a lot of other stuff and had energy to spare, he probably coul have made other universes before they got used up.
Magus had 5 CCU's, so as far as I'm concerned, that's how many he needed in order to create a duplicate actuality. If he could have created another actuality with one CCU, I'm sure he would have done so.

However the onlookers choose to look at it is fine with me, but I'd rather have this argument fade out now. I don't want to spam my thread any longer.

全王

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:30 PM
King Kandy

It's not spam, it's highly relevant.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:49 PM
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

It's not spam, it's highly relevant.
It is spam if it's going to keep consuming more of this thread.

Just as long as everyone knows that:

The IG>30 CCU's, then it doesn't matter to me which side they choose to believe.

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 11th, 2007 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 04:52 PM
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

The Infinity Being was the big bang that sparked of ALL creation:
(please log in to view the image)

When the Infinity Being seperated itself, this created Mephisto and EVERY demon in his realm:

Mephisto again confirms that when the Infinity Being seperated, this sparked ALL of existance:

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 11th, 2007 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 08:52 PM
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Re: Respect the Infinity Gauntlet!

Ok, we already know that Thanos /w/ IG owned nearly EVERY powerful cosmic being in Marvel:

We also know that Thanos easily beat Eternity, and become one with the entire Universe:

But Thanos /w/ IG's power FAR surpassed the power of Mistress Death as well.

"He is ALL.... and ALL there is, is now his to command."

"Thanos is now mightier then Death herself.":

Yep, Thanos /w/ IG was definatley superior to Mistress Death:

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 11th, 2007 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2007 09:32 PM
One Big Mob
All will be revealed

Full fight with the cosmics vs Thanos with the IG.

Half a galaxy away, Strange gets shot back.

Watcher's take on the battle.

Solar systems around are immediately ravaged.

The universe a breath away from destruction at the hands of Thanos.

Destroys two Celstials along with a huge line of planets.

Chronos trys, and gets owned.

Cont...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
All will be revealed

Cont...

Master Order and Lord Hate attacks him, and don't suceed.

Eon, Galactus, and Stranger attack him, and with a mere wish, he takes them out.

The universe is being destroyed by the people trying to defend it.

Mistress Love, and Sire Hate get owned when he isn't even looking.
Mephisto tries to take the IG.

Death attacks him, and saves Mephisto.

They all band together...

And owned.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Nice Stuff bigbran! smile

I was going to upload some of those scans today, but you beat me to it! mad

stick out tongue

全王

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 03:13 PM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Grimm22
I know, the comic is exaggerating a bit though

Not quite....IG makes you God in a sense that you have power over multiple universes...

It depends what your concept of the term of God is....

The true Supreme Being of Marvel is definately TOAA, no doubt, no questions asked....That is why his representative, The Living Tribunal, is above the IG.

However, TOAA is the comic book writer...that makes the comic book writer "God", and that means that God is really a mortal man with flaws, geeky comic book ideas, and bills to pay

So, technically, within Marvel, if a being possesses the IG, then he or she IS God....because he or she is truly infinite within thier respective existances.

Somehow, I get the feeling that Thanos calling himself God offends you because it contradicts your own religious beleifs...i hope this isn't the case, because this is getting really annoying staring with Juntai

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:08 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Agreed.

Putting one's own religion aside, and remembering that this is just a comic book, what would you call a being with complete control over mind, space, time, reality, power, and the soul?

God maybe?

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2007 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:14 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

My argument has nothing to do with my religion.

Its the simple fact that there is a supreme being beyond human comprehension.

And while the Gauntlet makes you 'God', it is impossible to be more powerful than the 'Supreme Being' because doing so would mean to be more powerful than existence

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:34 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Not quite....IG makes you God in a sense that you have power over multiple universes...

It depends what your concept of the term of God is....

The true Supreme Being of Marvel is definately TOAA, no doubt, no questions asked....That is why his representative, The Living Tribunal, is above the IG.

However, TOAA is the comic book writer...that makes the comic book writer "God", and that means that God is really a mortal man with flaws, geeky comic book ideas, and bills to pay

So, technically, within Marvel, if a being possesses the IG, then he or she IS God....because he or she is truly infinite within thier respective existances.

Somehow, I get the feeling that Thanos calling himself God offends you because it contradicts your own religious beleifs...i hope this isn't the case, because this is getting really annoying staring with Juntai

Isn't the TOAA just the post powerful Celestial? confused

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:35 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Originally posted by Grimm22
My argument has nothing to do with my religion.

Its the simple fact that there is a supreme being beyond human comprehension.

And while the Gauntlet makes you 'God', it is impossible to be more powerful than the 'Supreme Being' because doing so would mean to be more powerful than existence
I think your taking the term God a bit litteral. I mean beings like Thor, Odin, Zeus, and Hercules are considered Gods, as was Thanos /w/ IG. But we both know that even though all of them are considered Gods, there is a decisive gap in power between them.

The IG has total control over multiple universes, but what are multiple universes when compared to the power of the true God?

But lets squash this debate so the IG scans don't get burried. wink

全王

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 05:54 PM
Galan007
|Omni-Lord|

Here's the whole Warlock /w/ IG v.s. Dr. Strange "battle".

Warlock Never tried to hurt Strange, he was trying to convince him to agree to his PLAN of erasing ALL Evil from the Universe.

So he used the Gems on Strange, seperatley (one by one).

First, Warlock tries to make Strange see his plan in the Future (Time Gem):

Next, Warlock sends Strange into deep space, to frighten Strange (Space Gem):

Then, Warlock warps Reality around Strange and the others, attempting to mess with their senses (Reality Gem):

Warlock then momentarily attempts to contact Strange via the (Mind Gem):

The ONLY time Warlock actually tried to hurt Strange, was when he decided to use the Power Gem:

"But Knowing in ADVANCE that Warlock Possessed it" (Power Gem)

"I had Arranged for ALL my tailsmans to act together to try and counteract it":

Strange goes on to say:

"Which even I KNOW, almost at once, cannot long endure." Remember at this point Warlock was ONLY using the Power Gem:

Strange is able to reach Warlock through his Soul Gem to commune with him:

Warlock then see's his future.

Strange says:

"He sees himself Victorious over me, DESTROYING ME, as must certainly happen ANY moment Now." (Remember, Strange had ALL of his talismans/artifacts, yet Warlock owned him with only the Power Gem):

Warlock always knew the outcome of this "battle", so he stopped himself before he destroyed Strange along with the rest of the Universe:
(thx Mr M)

全王

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2007 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 06:33 PM