KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk

Beta Ray Bill and Thor (Weaponless) versus Hulk
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
All that was said, was Thor and BRB can't use their hammers.
Thor can still call down the lightning without it, among other things. smart

Hulk has treated Thor like a barbie doll on more than one occasion. And that was Thor with Mjolnir and going all out...ie no civilians to worry about.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:19 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Beta Ray Bill and Thor are weaponless. That would include using the elements, such as lightning, as a weapon. This match is pure hand to hand combat.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Jan 17th, 2007 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:20 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a hand to hand fight, there's no feasible way for Bill and Thor to win this one.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:22 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by masterbruce
Hulk has treated Thor like a barbie doll on more than one occasion. And that was Thor with Mjolnir and going all out...ie no civilians to worry about.

And Thor has killed the Hulk on at least four occasions - a What If? (snapped his neck), Hero Last Standing (godblast), Marvel Mangaverse (crushed his skull in with mjolnir) and as King Thor during the Reigning storyline (impales him) - when he killed the Thing at the same time with no mjolnir or Odinforce!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

And Thor has killed the Hulk on at least four occasions - a What If? (snapped his neck), Hero Last Standing (godblast), Marvel Mangaverse (crushed his skull in with mjolnir) and as King Thor during the Reigning storyline (impales him) - when he killed the Thing at the same time with no mjolnir or Odinforce!

During Reigning he had also inherited the strength of his father. It didn't suprise me that he killed Hulk.

Also, he's got no access to any of that in this fight.

Now, I'm a big Thor fan. He's an awesome character. The only honest way I can see Thor ever getting a clear victory over Hulk is if he fights the way Bill does. Stop talking, bring the pain.

Now, though the two of them have excellent teamwork, they'd probably need Hercules' help to bring Hulk down with just their hands.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:29 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

those are all noncannon, and therefore worthless. 616 Hulk usually beats the living daylights outta Thor. Accept it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:30 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by masterbruce
those are all noncannon, and therefore worthless. 616 Hulk usually beats the living daylights outta Thor. Accept it.

Reigning is canonical.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:31 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Reigning is canonical.

that wasn't regular Thor though

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:35 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Reigning is canonical.

The reigning took place in the distant future. Since Thor went back in time and changed that future, it's more like an alternate timeline than anything else.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 05:49 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MykeKitty

Originally posted by Soujaboy

Hulk wouldn't stand a chance against Warrior Madness Thor just as he wouldn't stand a chance against this duo.

The fragmented-mind Thor of B&T I'd agree on. The approaching WM Thor showing in IH 440 didn't seem any more formidable than Classic Thor. There haven't been any other showings of WM Thor have there?

Originally posted by Accel

He’s been out for blood on more than one occasion in the past against Hulk. He was reaching Warrior Madness mode when facing Hulk near the bomb site. He was ordered by Hela to kill Hulk during one of the times she had him under her spell.

If that's the Hulk vs Thor fight in Thor v1 #489, Thor wasn't trying to kill Hulk. They were basically trying to cause as much damage to Hel's landscape as possible so that Hela would either call the fight or release Thor.

In pure H2H, no he hasn’t shown he can take Hulk. He’s always fighting for his life in those times. And Thor rarely shows any extraodrinary skill that would give him an upset any way in his whole comic career. He's not a martial artist, but more of a brawler.

Thor's skill showings in possession of his powers are spotty. Mortal Thor displayed some decent skill considering he is just a guy with a hammer. On that, I've seen some members reference that Mortal Thor stalemated Cap, but I haven't seen this/these issues so I'm not sure whether it/they exist at all.

Still Hulk isn't beating two characters with planetary lv strength and top lv skills.

The 2 on 1 is really the greatest advantage. For all Hulk's rage-enhanced strength, he still hasn't KO'd Thor, or even put him in bad enough shape that he couldn't continue to fight.

Hulk's initial strength is less than Thor/BRT, but comparable. From the initial encounter between Hulk and Thor, we can conclude that after an hour they will still be at comparable levels (they haven't really had a strength-test with each other since). I don't think there's going to be any strength-dwarfing going on.

So can ~2 x Thor put down Hulk in that period of time? I'd say yes. Hulk as been KO'd by Doc Samson and Abomination (he's beaten them more often than not), and I think BRT and Thor together can put out more hurt.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:21 PM
MykeKitty is currently offline Click here to Send MykeKitty a Private Message Find more posts by MykeKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Evangel94
The reigning took place in the distant future. Since Thor went back in time and changed that future, it's more like an alternate timeline than anything else.

It's cannon none the less, seeing as how Thor's mentions it in the Ragnarok arc. wink

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:33 PM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

Originally posted by Priest
Thor by himself can take Hulk on without the mljinor, team wins 10/10

Co-signed

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:34 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

During Reigning he had also inherited the strength of his father. It didn't suprise me that he killed Hulk.

Also, he's got no access to any of that in this fight.

Now, I'm a big Thor fan. He's an awesome character. The only honest way I can see Thor ever getting a clear victory over Hulk is if he fights the way Bill does. Stop talking, bring the pain.

Now, though the two of them have excellent teamwork, they'd probably need Hercules' help to bring Hulk down with just their hands.

Had had no power when he killed the Hulk, Thing, Dr. Strange, Captain America, etc. he had his fist and his rage, and in the end he came out on top.

Which is how we tend to have them fight on the forums. I get sick of Thor talking all the time to, thats why it's good that each character is bloodlusted in these battles.

They can do it, most likely within 5 minutes of the bell.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:37 PM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

It's cannon none the less, seeing as how Thor's mentions it in the Ragnarok arc. wink

Thor is the only person would who would have memories of the alternate future. After all, to go back in time and change history by himself.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:38 PM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Still canon. Because he only goes back around the end of the series. It happened actually to the 616 Marvel Universe he just went back and changed it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:43 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Possibly.

In pure H2H, no he hasn’t shown he can take Hulk. He’s always fighting for his life in those times. And Thor rarely shows any extraodrinary skill that would give him an upset any way in his whole comic career. He's not a martial artist, but more of a brawler.

Which is really no different than the two instances I mentioned earlier. The fact remains that in all these times, Thor was out for blood; and in two of those times, he couldn’t put Hulk down with both his arms.

He’s stalemated Thor in a direct contest of strength for an hour after only a little fighting. Clearly, he’s comparable at that level.

He’s already fought him and did fine on his own.

And Hulk’s shown to break a planetoid twice the size of Earth. The reason they can’t simply put him down with just strength is because he’s just as strong as they are, which again has been shown time and time again.

That’s really not the same thing at all.
Spider-Man is never more than a nuisance to Hulk. He’s hurt his fists just trying to take Hulk down. Hulk/Thor fights never go like that.

As for the cement truck incident, well Marvel’s cement really seems to be really sturdy stuff. I mean we’ve seen a cement truck knock out Hulk, a brick knock out Surfer and Juggernaut stopped dead in his tracks by cement. That stuff’s gotta be strong.

Not at all. In fact, those people I listed DID use their skill against Hulk. So does Namor, as well as every street-leveler who’s gone up against him.

It’s very well within his abilities to do so.

he may be fighting for his life but he's not fighting for blood which was the difference when Thor took his life.

Yes, actually Thor has. He's the best warrior in Asgard, a warrior god race. The Absorbing Man, after stealing, and acquiring all Thor's powers still could not defeat him, saying: "It ain't fair!!!" "What's good my strength, my power if I can't land a blow?", "I didn't know it was gonna be like this!!!". The very same thing happened to Warlock, Cain Marko, etc. Thor also outclassed Ares whom had tripled his strength, to try and match Thor's. Captain America stated this about Thor’s skills, "He is an expert combatant, having been trained for hundreds of years in the art of war." "His understanding of tactics and strategies encompasses the teaching of cultures over several centuries." grog the god crusher wasn't even able to defeat a mortal Thor, simply put Thor's skills are top of the line.

I don't understand the point your trying to make here?

he's really not, like stated before, Thor tends to job a lot. Comparing here base lv strength feats, Thor far outclasses Hulk. Add that along BRB's planetary lv strength and Hulk doesn't stand a chance.

Grey Hulk has... which should be considered PIS seeing as how he's barely class 100. Grey Hulk can't even fight Rhino, I don't see how he's destroying planetary size objects.

Yes it is. You claimed that base lv Hulk is in Thor's range seeing as how Thor couldn't put him down. I stated that seeing as how Spider Man has bested Hulk then he should be in Hulk's range.

Thor never uses skill against Hulk.

In comic world yes, but on these forums no.

the duo 10/10

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:51 PM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor is the only person would who would have memories of the alternate future. After all, to go back in time and change history by himself.

Ok, but it's still cannon.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:51 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Ok, but it's still cannon.

Canon in what sense? That future doesn't exist anymore.

Forever Young...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:58 PM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canon in what sense? That future doesn't exist anymore.

Thor #80 - Ragnarok Part 1

"The Land if the Dwarves...Gone. I could not save them...

Amora, Sif, Balder. All dead...Have I wiped out my future only to return to this?"

referenced to in cannon comic = cannon.

It wasn't a alternate future, it was the future.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:11 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

That was Thor talking, and of course he's the only one with memories of that alternate future because he changed it when he went back in time. Can you name anyone else besides Thor who can actually reference "The Reigning"? You can't because Thor went back in time and prevented the events from ever taking place and retconning the entire incident.

If it was the future there would be no Civil War going on between heroes right now, Hulk would be dead and not on Planet Hulk right now, and there would be no Extremis Iron Man.

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Jan 17th, 2007 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 07:21 PM