KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Welcome To The Respect Forum!

Welcome To The Respect Forum!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I have a question: Are we allowed to make respect threads for characters/entities not from comics?

Like movies, TV shows, etc.?

I allowed Ryu, and I wouldn't be opposed to stuff like this.

But.

A. It would have to be done well. Not just for the sake of making one.
B. It would have to be a character for whom there is a legitimate need to show respect. But something like....i dunno, Scooby-Doo for example, would get closed immediately. No real way to show "respect"...it would just be an excuse to show SD stuff.
C. Occasional ones like this are fine, but it can't become a huge trend. Check with me first before making it.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Can I do one for Chuck Norris?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:22 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Skeets
Can I do one for Chuck Norris?

*wants to say yes*

"No". That's more suited for, say, the OTF.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Digimark, i can see Dragonball maincharacter Son-Goku is underrated in here. As a hardcorefan, i would like to make an unfanboyish, explained easytounderstand respect thread, but i see i need permissionsmile So can i make one?

Rocks are like logs.
They are simply not very interesting.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:38 PM
Lord Rock is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Rock a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Rock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Only if you use the manga exclusively, as the anime and fillers are not canon.

EDIT: What I meant to say is you can use them, just make sure to note that they are not canon

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:48 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont use the animewink

Rocks are like logs.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:49 PM
Lord Rock is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Rock a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Rock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Most people don't, as it's full of plot holes, fillers, and inconsistencies

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:56 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anime, like in the vs. forum, won't really be allowed. If you want a Goku thread, it'll have to be in the anime forum....where it will be much better received

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:58 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Isn't there a Hellsing manga respect thread in this forum?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2007 11:58 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Isn't there a Hellsing manga respect thread in this forum?

Eh? Didn't know that was manga.

Anyway, it's quite obvious that DBZ would be....more volatile...in this forum than lesser-known manga. That said, Hellsing isn't hurting anything and can easily get "grand-fathered" in, but the no anime rule will have to be enforced, or else we'll have a flood of not just DBZ but others as well.

And I'd really rather keep this a peaceful, sane forum. Anyone who's ever read a Superman/Goku fight knows what I'm talking about.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:01 AM
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

digimark, goku is different. in fans eyes, he is the rival to superman himself. i would just post his feats and it would work like every other respect threadsmile

Rocks are like logs.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:03 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Hellsing is very well - known actually, it's probably the most well - known vampire - themed anime/manga in the Western world

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:05 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Hellsing is very well - known actually, it's probably the most well - known vampire - themed anime/manga in the Western world

...which is why I've heard of him and his thread gets so many hits...

confused

stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:06 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

It's not a character, it's the name of the series.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:08 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

It's not a character, it's the name of the series.

Ah.

...also, the defense rests, your honor.

wink

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:12 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

So if you've never heard of something, that automatically makes it not popular?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:17 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

So if you've never heard of something, that automatically makes it not popular?

Not necessarily, but to an extent. I close probably 50x the amount of DBZ threads as every other manga/anime combined. I hear about it more. I get PMd about it more. So it's it's not just me...it's the forum as a whole.

That, and like I said, the Hellsing thread really doesn't have the kind of interest that, say, Naruto/DBZ/etc. would generate. And those sort of things turn to bashing/spam/etc. in a hurry when mixed with mainstream comics.

So it's probably quite popular, even besides all of that. But the original point was just that DBZ doesn't belong here, and I stand by that.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:21 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well how would you feel about, for an example, a Star Wars respect thread, using mainly scans from Star Wars comics?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:40 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

You're splitting hairs and/or looking for loopholes. I deal with stuff as it comes up, and make the decision that I think is in the best interests of the forum, listening to forum members as much as possible (as well as asking for mod input when necessary) and making my choice.

Since we have an active SW forum, I'd probably feel the same way as with anime. It's fine, but not in this forum.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 12:55 AM
starlock
Team Authority

I would like to sayThanks to all who have made contributions to the respect thread,i have not read all of them hehe,but so far i am very thankfull for the informatiuon,it has given me a better understanding of the characters, in other words i have more respect for them lol
Job well done!
Another thing
I really am dissapointed in alot of posters who interfere in the Respect threads,ive even seen posters say its not fair and yet there they are posting negative remarks or debating,just being annoying basicly NOT CONTRIBUTING in a positive way,any other way is Wrong ,the point is it should stop,no matter what disagreements or actions by anyone in another thread or in a respect thread(dont stoop to their level) show them who is a better person,trust me i wanted to mess up peoples threads for that reason,and it would be wrong to do that,We cant expect the Moderators to do everything,They have a alot of responsibilities(and i bet they dont get paid )we have to be respectfull at all times

Just speaking my mind

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 04:29 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote