KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Heath Ledger as Joker: Colossal miscasting, or genius?

Heath Ledger as Joker: Colossal miscasting, or genius?
Started by: TricksterPriest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silverstein
i didnt imagine the Joker to be a lame ass comedian who recited one liner jokes.

That's Spider-Man's forte.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 04:39 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

but spider-man is probably purposely lame to make the audience feel a little bit better.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 11:15 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

quote:
i didnt imagine the Joker to be a lame ass comedian who recited one liner jokes.

If you go through the Batman comics, a lot of the jokes are one liners...

quote:
Nicholson is a funny guy no doubt, but the 'jokes' he was telling weren't

Funny to you. They were funny, just very subtle.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Feb 12th, 2007 12:59 AM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Silverstein
i sat down and watched film, even when i was a kid i did. i just dont find Nicholson funny as The Joker in burtons Batman. I know he was throwing jokes/punchlines left and right but it just seem so bleh. Nicholson is a funny guy no doubt, but the 'jokes' he was telling weren't. The way Nolan plans to portray Joker is the way i always imagined Joker, i didnt imagine the Joker to be a lame ass comedian who recited one liner jokes.
Thats all through the series. The thing about Joker is most of his jokes are only funny to him. Nicholson did a great job in that movie.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 02:34 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

the point is, it looks like the writer of Burtons Batman TRIED to make people laugh. I know sadistic sick things won't make me laugh beacuse its just sick, but a dude gets melted by acid "you stole my balloons" its like "wtf" "that's not even...thats just stupid..."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 03:20 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

quote:
Thats all through the series. The thing about Joker is most of his jokes are only funny to him. Nicholson did a great job in that movie.

My point exactly.

For example - SPOILER

@ the end of No Man's Land, Gordon shoots Joker in the knee, to which Joker says "Batman - you're just going to stand there and let him do that...oh wait - Commish, you're good! You shot me in the knee just like I shot your daughter" . (B/c as we all know, Joker is the reason Barbara is now a cripple). And he bursts into laughter. Now, to the characters in the film, that's not funny -- it's only funny to him. But to me, that's funny as hell.

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 07:23 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Ledger is a very good actor, I think he will do a good job.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 02:42 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx

Originally posted by Jamaican
My point exactly.

For example - SPOILER

@ the end of No Man's Land, Gordon shoots Joker in the knee, to which Joker says "Batman - you're just going to stand there and let him do that...oh wait - Commish, you're good! You shot me in the knee just like I shot your daughter" . (B/c as we all know, Joker is the reason Barbara is now a cripple). And he bursts into laughter. Now, to the characters in the film, that's not funny -- it's only funny to him. But to me, that's funny as hell.

if it was burtons batman joker would say "uh oh!!! i got a boooooboooo! ahahhahahahahhaha!!!!!!!" after got shot in the knee...

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 02:32 AM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Jack Nicholson is the Joker as far as im concerned. He nailed that part, it was made for him. I only wish he was in it more. "Never Rub another man's rubarb." "Lifes been good to me" "Im Glad your dead" "They don't make em like they use to ehh batsey?" Hell i think mostly everything that came out of his mouth was funny and that commericial was classic "Looks like he's been useing brand X" "And hair color so natural only ur undertaker knows for sure" those are great lines!

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 04:23 AM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

I hope the new Batman series doesn't just repeat the Batman movies from the 90's. I mean...what's after the Joker...are they gonna make another Batman movie with Penguin as the villain?

Old Post May 15th, 2007 04:35 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Jamaican
My point exactly.

For example - SPOILER

Now I'll never walk again . .OH I GET IT! LIKE YOUR DAUGHTER!

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post May 17th, 2007 01:23 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Ledger is an excellent choice.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 17th, 2007 07:10 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

Anyone see the pic of him as joker looks very different. than Jack Nicholson joker character.

Old Post May 24th, 2007 09:11 PM
darktim1 is currently offline Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

He is a very good actor, so yeah why not?

Many people thought that Christian bale was to much of a sophisticated actor to pull off batman, but those assumptions were shot down very quickly.

I mean really would you rather have ben affleck as the joker? Ledger has proven he has diversity in his abilities, so i think we will witness a far better incarnation of the joker than even nicholson.

Old Post May 25th, 2007 03:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

As someone stated. "Nicholson IS the Joker". I agree wiht that statement. I already dont like the new look.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post May 25th, 2007 04:00 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

thats what everyone said about reeves as superman, but routh did more than a fitting job as superman. Maybe thats because singer tried to make him as much like reeves as possible though from his recycled dialogue to presence eh

Shit man as much as i dig the nicholson joker i am eagerly awaiting the more darker joker. I thought no one would fill the bat cow of keaton, but bale proved that wrong for me

Is nolan directing the sequal? If so, there is nothing to worry about at all, He knows how to direct actors

Old Post May 25th, 2007 05:50 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote