KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 2007 Oscar Nominations Announced

2007 Oscar Nominations Announced
Started by: ~JP~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

The Prestige should've been nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay, I think.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 05:10 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

i thought Gretchen Moll should have got a nod for THE NOTORIOUS BETTIE PAGE but it looks like no one saw it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 03:05 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

What about Dita Von Teese? Wasn't she in a movie or something that should have merited a Best Actress nomination at the very least?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 03:28 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
naty`sweet
Frustrated Adolescent

well..of course DiCaprio won's win...i`m still hoping though..well...i`m not hoping...damn...i just know it`s just another nomination...i should get pissed off...but i`m not...whatever...an oscar nomination is SoMETHING...and he`s young...he still has time to get the oscar...and he will...considering how good he is getting..year by year... cool

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 05:05 PM
naty`sweet is currently offline Click here to Send naty`sweet a Private Message Find more posts by naty`sweet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

I agree that The Illusionist AND The Prestige should have been considered a bit more. They were both excellent movies.

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 05:23 PM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Pretty much what was expected to get nominated. Only surprise kinda being that Little Miss Sunshine was nominated for best picture.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 11:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Such is Life

I'm hoping for The Departed to win best picture.

It was an intriguing, well written film.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 11:08 PM
Such is Life is currently offline Click here to Send Such is Life a Private Message Find more posts by Such is Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lunch_Meat
I'm glad Dreamgirls didn't get Best Picture nod, but I don't understand why the hell Little Miss Sunshine got the nod for Best Picture, I mean what the hell, I thought it was just a mediocre movie, extremely overrated.
People were sure that Dreamgirls would take any possible chance away that Little Miss Sunshine had of getting nominated for Best Picture.

I'm mad that Dreamgirls didn't get nominated for it though.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 11:27 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Expected more nominations from The Prestige, to be honest.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 11:32 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Dusty
It was a great movie, but it didn't scream "Oscar!" when I watched it. erm

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 06:02 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
king leonidas

i am so glad pans labyrinth has neen nominated, that really should win all the catagories it is nominated for.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 07:27 PM
king leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send king leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by king leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I certainly hope Jesus Camp wins best documentary, was a stunning film.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 10:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i think that forest whitaker is pretty much a given for the last king of scotland...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 10:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Dusty

It's not that bad.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 11:10 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by vintageSW77
agreed

good to see the ego that is Beyonce Knowles didnt make the list
I was under the impression that Jennifer Hudson was the main character in Dream Girls. I keep looking at the Lead Actress nominations and expecting to see her name and thinking she's been flubbed/dubbed/ whatever they call it.

So I'm guess Beyonce is the lead in the movie huh? They previews didn't make her out to be. Now that I know this, I'm thinkingshe must be a little disappionted, although I was expecting anything in her favor anyways.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 02:18 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

A big surprise in some nominations( not nominations for nicholson or pitt), and some absensts( the prestige or childen of men). My predictions:

Movie: babel, the departed or the queen(my favourite one).

Director: scorsese or gonzalez iņarritu.

actor: forest withaker.

actress: helen mirren

supporting actor: eddie murphy or alan arkin

supporting actress: jennifer hudson.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 11:40 AM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.Dance_Inside.

Best Picture:
Little Miss Sunshine

Actor:
Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"

Actress:
Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"

Supporting Actor:
Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"

Supporting Actress:
Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls" HANDSDOWN!!

EDWARD CULLEN IS MY LIFE.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 05:49 PM
.Dance_Inside. is currently offline Click here to Send .Dance_Inside. a Private Message Find more posts by .Dance_Inside. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hubbywishlist

LMS

Little Miss Sunshine was an utter disappointment for me (just saw it last night). A friend of mine told me a couple of years ago I would love Sideways, and after seeing it, she was 100% dead on. She said the same about L.M.S., so I was pretty excited to see it, only to be let down quite a bit. The best character (Alan Arkin's) didn't get enough air time (won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it)!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 03:56 PM
hubbywishlist is currently offline Click here to Send hubbywishlist a Private Message Find more posts by hubbywishlist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by botankus
What about Dita Von Teese? Wasn't she in a movie or something that should have merited a Best Actress nomination at the very least?

well i just watched Dita in the movie Stilletto Sluts 2 and if my penis was part of the Academy Von Teese would definatley be getting an oscar

**** old saggy **** getting one for THE QUEEN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Feb 11th, 2007 04:54 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Anyone have the nominees on a one-page ballot? I've been trying to download one for an Oscar pool but can't find one - not even at the Oscar site.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 13th, 2007 08:26 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote