KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Batdude's Official Tourney Match #5

Batdude's Official Tourney Match #5
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
blink

hey, just trying to give the fans what they want -- a little action!

you know me scoob -- always and forever a man of the people. big grin

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 03:43 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

When does this thread end again? I just realized that PR and Rew haven't posted a SINGLE time.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:41 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Soljer
When does this thread end again? I just realized that PR and Rew haven't posted a SINGLE time.

Monday, presumably.

Also, do we have official judges for this?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Grey fox
Beta Ray Howard
Spunky Smurph
Newjak
(and the fifth judge is pending)

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:56 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

*whew*

I forgot I was supposed to be a judge... but then I only had like three posts to read. smile

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 11:41 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grey fox
Beta Ray Howard
Spunky Smurph
Newjak
(and the fifth judge is pending)

Could I be the fifth judge? I know a little about comics.

smile

I left on my own terms, as I always should have smile rock
If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

herd behavior is a comical thing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 12:22 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by By Crom!
Could I be the fifth judge? I know a little about comics.

smile

Indeed.......you seem to come in a with a whirlwind of Knowledge and shoot dowwn anyone's theories so they hit the ground with a Splatt and they are unable to keep their faith

you rock

rock

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 02:47 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Indeed.......you seem to come in a with a whirlwind of Knowledge and shoot dowwn anyone's theories so they hit the ground with a Splatt and they are unable to keep their faith

you rock

rock

huh

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by pr1983
huh

It was a very subtle hint as to his real identity....don't tell Digi

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:13 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

It was a very subtle hint as to his real identity....don't tell Digi

laughing

Digi knows. I promise.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:17 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

laughing

Digi knows. I promise.

Ah that explains alot....your Digi's soc....and you haven't been banned for trolling because of that eek!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 03:25 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Keep it out of this thread guys.

erm

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Keep it out of this thread guys.

erm

Sorry Digi...we don't want to disturb this pulse pounding match

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:33 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Sorry Digi...we don't want to disturb this pulse pounding match
laughing

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 05:34 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

you rock

rock

Thank you very much.

smile

Seriously could I judge?

If I ever want to return I will, keep the faith my friends, sometimes i'll look in.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 11:00 AM
Whirly is currently offline Click here to Send Whirly a Private Message Find more posts by Whirly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Voting for Blair Wind/DarkCrawler

They pretty much curbstomped the opposition.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 11:43 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whirly
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by By Crom!
Thank you very much.

smile

Seriously could I judge?

I think i'd be good as The Judge guys give me a chance.

smile

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 12:21 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by grey fox
Voting for Blair Wind/DarkCrawler

They pretty much curbstomped the opposition.

You've still got at least a day or more (depending on possible extensions)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 02:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

I suppose as for defence a well trained and experienced Hal Jordan with a Full Charge against a team which has Superman in it that would make him do a shield like no other before to be protected.

And I see Hal Jordan taking out the The Keeper...

Why?

I let you guys know...

Hal makes himself invisible :

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...rnsa02-09-1.jpg

then phases right into keeper in mili seconds...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...ntern027-05.jpg

and when inside Keeper he can just blow him up from the inside like here, with making anything huge or just shooting a lot from the inside...Just in case look at here something like this from the inside would take down even The Keeper...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...-Scanned-20.jpg

Or if you want to agree with that I already posted the scan once in the other battle that Hal can blow up a planet...So if something like that comes from the inside that would make Keeper explode into ashes...

Hal Jordan is possibly the greatest ever Green Lantern, and with the power ring at the charge its at, coupled with the fact that he's long past Parallax in terms of fear or doubt, we have probably the most powerful Green Lantern who's ever lived, he'd make the Hal from emerald twilight look like a bit of a chump... and you're saying he can't keep his shield up for a few seconds?

Shield which can shield him or anybody he wants from explosions like these...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...nV403page18.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...0megatins01.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j...0megatins02.jpg

More about the shielding :

Our shield is probably one of the strongest is ever created by Hal, it can (and has) stopped telepathy and telekinesis (which is basically what you're doing by trying to manipulate the electrical impulses in their bodies, and we did say uber powerful shield), so once the shield is up i'm really not convinced any sort of mental attack will work. Besides, all we need is a couple of seconds, no vx, no losing concentration, no energy loss. Even Parallax in Ganthet's body couldn't do a thing against Hal's concentration and will power. As long as Hal is prepped for TP he can block it long enough to counter that move...

Utter failure of Black Alice's field would confuse them for a sec in my opinion...

Next target : All Star Superman

With the membership in the League over the years Hal surely got the knowledge that Superman is weak to Red Sunlight...It takes away his powers. He must know how to create that...I mean he doesn't really have to know just will for it...

So our Superman holding All Star for a nano second Hal can create a box around them then letting Superman out leaving All Star in the box with red sunlight so that means he looses his "Superman" abilities leaving Durok's powers but during All Star gets Red Sun radiotion, why not give our Superman yellow...So that means Durok vs. Sun Dipped Superman and that's where I leave Superman to pr...

Alternative Game Plan :

If it turns out that our opponents have used the Superman Serum like they did previously (and given Black Alice's obvious vulnerability, its not outside the realm of possibility), once they are all in range, Hal will unveil his second piece of equipment, a massive red sun radiation generator, that will blanket the area for miles around with highly concentrated red sun radiation. Given the ring's charge and Hal's willpower, and if the opponents are close enough, Hal will also create a dome/field to stop the opposition escaping the generators effects. Given Hal's willpower and the ring literally pissing energy, i don't see this strategy being incredibly difficult to implement. With their team weakened (No AS Supes powers, and As Supes himself solely with durok's powers), Hal's ring should still be holding alot of energy, and again, his willpower combined with that should at least be a problem for The Keeper. Maybe Hal can even convert some of the blasts/constructs aimed at him by Keeper by incorporating the converter into his forcefield.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:05 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pr's Second Post (first was nonsensical silly post)

Alright, first of all, let me express my deepest apologies... i was looking forward to taking on blair and dc as much as everyone else was looking forward to seeing it, i really couldnt get on yesterday, and only got to talk to rew briefly on thursday, so let me apologise yet again, you guys deserved better, and thats why i'm so intent on making it up to all of you... and i must implore the judges, please don't hold our tardiness against us, we just got really badly swamped at the worst possible time... embarrasment

and if this takes two posts, then i apologise, although i have no problems with this being considered two posts...

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, lets for one second assume that you guys get your prep sorted, and at the start of the match, you get your nightshade sphere up and all that, and create those boards of yours...

i can accept that you'll get that, its not a stretch of the imagination...

but, and now there's a big but...

our team will have also gotten its defence sorted, as was shown with rew's boy...

in the instance it takes to get all that up, you said our team should be disoriented, but i disagree...

you also say:

quote:
You created a shield, however we created a teleportation sphere around your team so your shield {auto fire} does nothing but hurt yourself before your powers stop working. You have been placed in a tactical hole from which you cannot get out of. We outsmarted your team, and can be proceed to kick your teams collective ass. As you can see from our writeup, you will not be able to get out of such a predicament because none of your powers will be working after that
point {all because of Keeper's doing}

and i say, the man doth protest too much... stick out tongue

Black Alice's Nightshade field

firstly you have superman, who has thousands of years of experience, so i doubt there's alot he hasnt seen... given his incredibly heightened senses, i'm sure if he can't see your guys, he can at least hear them, or smell them, and given the sheer barrenness (is that even a word?) of the antarctic, anything that isnt a polar bear (is it the arctic or antarctic they live on, i always get em confused) is going to stick out like a sore thumb... and i doubt his solar energy is going anywhere with the shield around our team...

i go back to what rew said:

quote:
Our shield is probably one of the strongest is ever created by Hal, it can (and has) stopped telepathy and telekinesis (which is basically what you're doing by trying to manipulate the electrical impulses in their bodies, and we did say uber powerful shield), so once the shield is up i'm really not convinced any sort of mental attack will work. Besides, all we need is a couple of seconds, no vx, no losing concentration, no energy loss. Even Parallax in Ganthet's body couldn't do a thing against Hal's concentration and will power. As long as Hal is prepped for TP he can block it long enough to counter that move...

Utter failure of Black Alice's field would confuse them for a sec in my opinion...

as rew also said,

quote:
hal jordan is possibly the greatest ever green lantern, and with the power ring at the charge its at, coupled with the fact that he's long past parallax in terms of fear or doubt, we have probably the most powerful green lantern who's ever lived, he'd make the hal from emerald twilight look like a bit of a chump... and you're saying he can't keep his shield up for a few seconds?

now, i've read about black alice, and my bad, i had heard she was random, so my mistake, i totally admit that... but what isnt a mistake is this: nightshade, as i've read is pretty impressive, and your scans do nothing to change that opinion, she looks like a pretty decent character, but her powers are magical, and in that is one simple, and totally exploitable flaw...

i refer to the arc of teen titans (issue #22 in particular, just before the crisis) where dr. light battles the titans...

we all know who doctor light is, and that he basically manipulates light energy on a decent enough level. Yet he, alone, was able to take control of wonder girl's magic lasso (emphasis on the word 'MAGIC'), simply because it (like alot of magic), at its most basic level contains and uses energy...

Scan #1: Doctor Light battling the Teen Titans, and stealing, among other things, Wonder Girl's lasso...
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tt2205ux8.jpg

now, before anyone shouts 'foul' or 'nay', just bear with me for a second... yes that is one small example, but to me, it was only the catalyst for an idea...

for example, a magic user makes a fireball to use against an enemy, right? it contains heat energy, and light energy, and kinetic energy too, right? even if it has a magic taint to it, it still uses all these things...

Nightshade is shown in one scan to use her shadows to create lots of giant hands to take care of some bad guys, and yet, wouldnt they use kinetic energy?

now, some of you might say, 'but her field doesnt create light, how can anyone manipulate something that isnt there?' to which i reply, dark matter... one of the most widely accepted concepts regarding the possibilities of something using energy and affecting its surroundings without emiting light... it shows itself by its affect on gravitational forces that surround other objects that give off light energy... put simply, its the real world equivalent of 'the force' and its real according to many scientists...

alright, im finally going to get to the point... stick out tongue

vulcan manipulates energy, and has shown no limits in the types of energy he can manipulate... i've already shown an energy manipulator (who would be generally considered to be inferior to vulcan in terms of power and scope) manipulate magic, based on the kind of energy it uses...

so i say while rew's boy protects us, and superman uses his heightened senses to try and locate the others, vulcan takes about three seconds to realise that all that surrounds them is energy (mystical, but still energy) and relays that information to the other two (the actual speaking taking, oh, about two and a half seconds), and about another second to tear that field to shreds with a degree of control that makes someone with lots of control look like someone without any control whatsoever...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2007 04:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote