KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Blu-ray Format Discussion

In 10 years, which format will win, if any?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Blu Ray 20 62.50%
HD-DVD 8 25.00%
Hard Drive Storage/Streaming Video 4 12.50%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blu-ray Format Discussion
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

I also took a 360 turn until I was wowed.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 01:51 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by T.M
I just wish that the player on PS3 was multi region.

Actually if I am wishing for something it would be to get rid of these stupid region codes all together.
all PS3 games are region free and 60% of blu ray movies are region free as well

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 03:26 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Games being region free is great. DVD's and Blu Rays should take note and as I said stop encoding them.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 09:01 AM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Whoa- Boy did your tune change... The beginning of this thread to now-- complete 540°. T.M too

Yes, I did point that out. stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 03:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Originally posted by The Nuul
I also took a 360 turn until I was wowed.

360 would mean you still prefer the DVD's hehe stick out tongue

Anyway regarding the PS3's upscaling I do think it's more then just ok, I'd say it's rather good tbh. I have my BD/DVD Upscaler set to "Full Screen" the BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI) set to Y pb/cb pr/cr

and ofcourse the DVD video display set to letterbox, I have done that exstensive testing, but I have found that my Sony Bravia tv looks a notch better then other TV's when watching HD material. That ofcourse is mainly due to me spending hours of tweaking it to get the perfect all around picture for movies.

And yes its fantastic that Blu Ray's are slowly dropping in price, soon they will cost the same as DVD's did back a couple of years.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:37 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by T.M
Games being region free is great. DVD's and Blu Rays should take note and as I said stop encoding them.
this site tells you which blu ray movies across the world are region free and which ones are not.

http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b

Old Post Oct 5th, 2010 08:43 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I finally got a Blu-ray disc, when I picked up the DVD/Blu-ray combo pack of How To Train Your Dragon. I think it's a smart way to wean people onto Blu-ray, instead of always making you choose. Better this than the standard DVD 3-pack - Movie, Special Extras Disc, & Digital Copy.
Maybe by next month, I will finally get that PS3 as a Xmas gift for myself.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 06:33 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
liying
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gives you more and more healthy

Last edited by Impediment on Nov 22nd, 2010 at 03:15 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2010 02:55 AM
liying is currently offline Click here to Send liying a Private Message Find more posts by liying Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Originally posted by MildPossession
Reading through this topic, we soon change our mind lol, well I did.

It's blu-ray for me now, but I still buy dvds for certain films. Oh and due to the upscaling via HDMI, I'm not replacing all my dvds, just a few of my favourites on blu ray.

I think what did it for me was finding a rather cheap, but very good, blu ray player that can play any region disc around the world on either format.

Blu-ray is also not going anywhere.

If you want to test a blu ray to see what it really can do, the film so far to view is Avatar, it looks AMAZING on blu ray, and if you watch it first on blu ray, then compare it to the dvd(on a non upscaling player by the way), the dvd quality is absolutely terrible unless you have quite a small television.

wow you changed your mind quick i thight you hated blu ray lolz laughing

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 01:34 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't exactly quick. I still like DVDs.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 03:39 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I still have dvd too

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 07:05 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote