KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » The Boondocks

The Boondocks
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yungz22
In shrouded judgement

when is season 3 come out

We are True Avengers

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 01:06 AM
yungz22 is currently offline Click here to Send yungz22 a Private Message Find more posts by yungz22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Supposedly January or February next year.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 01:20 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Sweet. My favorite episodes from Season 2 were Stinkmeaner Strikes Back and Or Die Trying. The Catcher Freeman episode was hilarious simply for Ruckus's f*cked up version of the story. One of my favorite shows. Soundtrack is dope too. I've got volumes 1 & 2 (Hip Hop Doctrine Mixtapes)

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 03:15 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I've had Season 2 on DVD for over a year now, and forgot to come on here and give my opinion! Even funnier than the first one, with Thugnificent moving in across the sreet, two episodes good enough to get banned by BET thumb up (shows how good they are). Best title of Season 2 - Attack Of The Killer Kung Fu Wolf B*tch! laughing out loud
Not long now, before Season 3 starts to trickle out...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 03:46 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Boondocks is horrible and is a piece of crap in my opinion. I automatically either change the channel or turn off the TV when it's on. My God, I sometimes even wanna gouge out my eyes when I see it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 04:19 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Boondocks is one of the best animations and funniest shows ever.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 04:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jdea

I can't wait for new eps. Boondocks is awesome, love the animation style

I love this stuff!!!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 11:17 PM
jdea is currently offline Click here to Send jdea a Private Message Find more posts by jdea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manly man

I like the show, but there's some times when I feel terrible when I laugh at it. Like when(I can't remember a few names) the girl's dad got posessed by thecrazy old man's spirit and Uncle Ruckus convinced them all that they had to whip it out of him... I was, quite literally, rolling on the floor laughing, but I felt as though I was the most racist person on the planet, just because I found it so hilarious.

I always feel so torn over this love/hate relationship.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 05:39 AM
manly man is currently offline Click here to Send manly man a Private Message Find more posts by manly man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by manly man
I like the show, but there's some times when I feel terrible when I laugh at it. Like when(I can't remember a few names) the girl's dad got posessed by thecrazy old man's spirit and Uncle Ruckus convinced them all that they had to whip it out of him... I was, quite literally, rolling on the floor laughing, but I felt as though I was the most racist person on the planet, just because I found it so hilarious.

I always feel so torn over this love/hate relationship.

That's just because of Ruckus and his deluded opinion about black culture - not matter than he is the darkest skinned member of the cast. You laugh because his world view is absurd - bringing over not just a whip for the exorcism, but other "things that strike fear into a heart of a negro" - like a book, and a job application. laughing out loud Other characters just shake their heads at his delusions and tolerate him.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2009 09:14 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm watching Season 3 episodes on YouTube right now. They tackle Obama's election right off the bat. Other great ones are the kickball game with the Chinese (The Red Ball), and a parody of that young seven year old in Florida who stole his grandma's SUV and went on a rampage (Smokin' With Cigarettes) laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 03:02 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

A shame more people don't post on this thread. Boondocks is amazing. To bad Season 3 is the last season. All the episodes have been great though in all the seasons. Although I dislike severely that Busta Rhymes wasn't Flonominal and Snoop wasnt Macktastic anymore.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2010 09:48 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Season 3 DVD set comes out November 9! I'll be at my local store to get it. I can just watch the opening of 'The Hateocracy' over and over again, rolling on the floor in laughter. laughing
(I realized later that old crew out for revenge was based on Red Foxx, Jimmie Walker and Della Reese.)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 04:06 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Lol. Red Foxx is amazing. The Hateocracy was great too. Hilarious episode.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2010 12:01 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Just bought the DVD set of season 3 yesterday; first day it came out.

If this is the final season, and the comic strip is no more, what's next for Aaron McGruder and his crew?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 05:38 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

His "crew" are already pretty established actors for the most part so they probably will just continue to act.

Who knows what Aaron will do. Probably pull a Chappelle and go to Africa and smoke ganja.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 07:48 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kaibs
His "crew" are already pretty established actors for the most part so they probably will just continue to act.

Who knows what Aaron will do. Probably pull a Chappelle and go to Africa and smoke ganja.

I was thinking of his creative team behind the scenes, writer-producers like Rodney Barnes, Carl Jones etc. Where could they go from here, if they do another project.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2010 10:47 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Ahhh probably create another intelligent animated show probably.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2010 04:03 AM
maximus395

By far one of the best shows on the planet, just the humor alone is perfect. The whole show is about both sides of the life, the ying and yang thing. The creator of the show tries to make fun of as many stereo types as possible.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 07:27 PM
maximus395 is currently offline Click here to Send maximus395 a Private Message Find more posts by maximus395 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Piggott
Sith Acolyte

I love this show. I never knew that Aaron was done with it, that's pretty sad. I love the chinese kickball episode, pretty nice.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 08:57 AM
Darth Piggott is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Piggott a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Piggott Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I really hope this series have a long run like The Simpsons and South Park. A show like this is just what's needed on TV.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Dec 16th, 2012 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2012 06:19 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote