KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Why do people think music's subjective?

Why do people think music's subjective?
Started by: EPIIIBITES

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Every time you post, I prove you wrong, then you ignore me and continue posting, that's what this is.

I maintain that you are so in denial, and that I have in fact given you reasoning that is SO convincing to you, that ALL you can do at this point is post stuff like what you just did.

Know when you're beaten....the only thing that's making you think you're not is that others HAPPEN to be agreeing with you.

Laughable.
Oh, and "Beliefes?". Yeah, you're in the company of Plato alright....

And that's what you and others resort to...

...wow!

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Feb 7th, 2007 at 01:45 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 01:36 AM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Oh man...

I never, EVER said taste is truth.

I already said I hate The Police...BUT I don't think they're crap. I'm not saying, have never said, or would ever say taste is objective (and I've told you this already).

I'm NOT using my taste to measure good music!

The Police have all the qualities of a decent band, but they rub me the wrong way, they don't strike a chord with me, they don't turn my crank...I don't like them!!!

But I realise I'm bigger than my likes and dislikes. I can see that they have TONS of redeemable musical qualities (unlike Brittney Spears), and I can just tell that they're not crap.

But still, a lot of you guys are at a point where you just say..."I don't like this band...they're crap."

But I say..."This band is crap"...regardless if I don't like them.

Good music to me is objective. And as I've said before, it's hard to judge when it's The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones, but it's darn EASY and darn OBVIOUS when it's Aretha Franklin vs. Rheanna!!!

(And WHO CARES if you like Rheanna...you're WRONG).

Believe me , homes; I would love nothing more than to be able to scientifically and objectively prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the 1971 Corvette Stingray is in fact an undeniably cooler car than a Kia Sephia of yearly make. But I know that's impossible. The fact that I "know" its cooler is enough for me.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 01:45 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quiero Mota
The fact that I "know" its cooler is enough for me.

I hear you there. I just don't know if you hear yourslef. Trust me...you're on the right track.

I admit I can't prove it either...always have.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 01:47 AM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not a matter of others agreeing, because nobody has the choice.

It's FACT. You can't choose that the Sun is a pink ball of fluff.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:10 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

Edit: Darn you AC, that was meant for the other wierdo.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:11 AM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Clearly the Gods are shining upon me this eve...

Yeah...I've planned to stop when I've exhausted pretty much every argument I can think of...and I'm more or less there.

So, ya it's about that time...

....although it's clear most won't be convinced if they haven't been already (and will surely continue to argue the same old points), I don't doubt for a second that I've made some people think there's some truth to what I'm saying...and it's basically due to the hard-hitting and plainly truthful comments I've continualy put forward.

And with that...Peace out!

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Feb 7th, 2007 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:34 AM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just one more...can't resist!

Led Zeppelin = NFL

Nickleback = XFL

laughing

Woo, that one's good! So on the mark.

Peace

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Feb 7th, 2007 at 02:48 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:34 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's ok, we know you're leaving because you feel you've done well (Lost), and that you can't actually resist replying.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 02:37 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Continue the thread here if nobody will vote.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 04:01 AM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Embarrassing AC

...truly embarrassing

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 04:09 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing left to say?

I'm asking you civilly, is there anything you wish to add to continue this discussion? If not, then stop. Otherwise, let's go.

I'll reply to anything you say on the subject: Here. Since your poll idea blew up in your face.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 04:14 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

...still think you're being shameful.

You see someone start to agree with me, and you go months back to your favorite quotes to try and disprove me (and him) regarding what he's now saying?

Amazing.

I proved that he did agree with you, then in an attempt to help you, proved you wrong, then laughed at you, with me.

Does it hurt you that I robbed you of a ray of light or something?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 04:21 AM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

...then laughed at you, with me...

Incredible

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 04:29 AM
manorastroman

tonight=franks and beans!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 06:40 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing

I've got the feeling nobody wants this thread back again. I sure don't.

We've all explained our points a billion times. What's the point?

AC bumped it back so he could point to some of the older quotes of someone who just recently appeared to agree with me on this same debate (because it has just re-emerged on a new thread)...'cause you see, that person's old quotes contradict what they're saying now.

AC wants us all to know that...the second anyone appears to agree wth me.

Clever stuff from AC.

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 18th, 2007 at 07:07 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 06:52 AM
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does it hurt you that I robbed you of a ray of light or something?

What a guy.

And total disrespect to the person whose old posts he's going through to make it seem that what they're saying now is different from what they said in the past...(again, because AC's worried the guy might now be agreeing with some of my points).

Clever stuff from AC.

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 18th, 2007 at 07:33 AM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 07:21 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

does this discussion really need to take up 3 different threads?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 10:36 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Wow, just wow! This thread starter is some kind of egomaniac. I have never in all my life read such ignorant , baseless, Absurd bullshit. But hey that's just my opinion..

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 06:09 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for you great comment...I guess I'll just have to group you into the same bunch of people that disagree with...

If good music was subjective, then Brittney Spears would be considered good...after all lots of people think she's good. Brittney Spears is NOT good...it's crap...and if you say "it's good if people like it" then...oh boy.

...which is the first post I'm guessing you read (and apparently didn't understand).

BTW, this conversation is going on in the "objectivity of music thread"...most of us want to keep this to one thread (although some thread-bumpers out there apparenty don't).

So I invite you to join us...if you dare!

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 21st, 2007 at 08:36 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 08:29 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice.

You accuse me of being wrong to bump this, now you bump it to avoid the thread YOU wanted to create, only to also admit you lump anyone who disagrees with you, in together.

Defeated.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 10:46 AM