KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Season 6 episode 6/16 entitled "Promise"

Season 6 episode 6/16 entitled "Promise"
Started by: Dan-El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Smallvilles' acting is good.

Anyway, So Lana finally finds out, hu. I was at the edge of my seat, grasping my face like (wtf?) lol. It was a definete shocker since i don't read th spoliers in here

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 06:43 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kon-El

Yeah acting is very good!!!! Btw this was a very good episode full of twists and turns i kinda got lost at the begging but i got it soon enough. Tom's and Kristen's performance was outstanding i think the best in this season, because this was emotional episode both for Clark and Lana. As far as Lex is concerned he steped even deeper towards becoming real bad his first killing proves it. All in all very good episode great acting, so on scale from 1 to 10 i give it a solid 9.

"You'll be different, sometimes you will feel like an outcast, but you will never be alone, you will make my strength your own, you will see my life trough your eyes, as your life i will see trough mine. Son becomes a father, a father becomes a son"

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 01:24 PM
Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kon-El
Yeah acting is very good!!!! Btw this was a very good episode full of twists and turns i kinda got lost at the begging but i got it soon enough. Tom's and Kristen's performance was outstanding i think the best in this season, because this was emotional episode both for Clark and Lana. As far as Lex is concerned he steped even deeper towards becoming real bad his first killing proves it. All in all very good episode great acting, so on scale from 1 to 10 i give it a solid 9.
I just didn't like the turn lionel took. We have seen his character progress towards the side of good for a while only to now revert completely to the way he was in the early seasons.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 03:36 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Big Sexy
I just didn't like the turn lionel took. We have seen his character progress towards the side of good for a while only to now revert completely to the way he was in the early seasons.

You never actually thought Lionel was good did you? All the good he's done and the changes he's made are for 3 reasons.

1. He is trying to manipulate Clark.
2. He's got a hard on for Martha Kent. (I think its a want what you can't have thing.)
3. I still think Jor-El is still subconsciously controlling him.

Even if Lionel tried to kill Clark and would be completely able to Jor-El would never allow it. stick out tongue

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 04:01 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kon-El

quote:
Even if Lionel tried to kill Clark and would be completely able to Jor-El would never allow it.

I agree with on that and Lionel has a hidden agenda and you remember when he told Lex that he doesnt know how to arrange a proper murder, so that means that he wasnt changed at all and he is behind all the strange dissappearences lately but there is more to come big grin

"You'll be different, sometimes you will feel like an outcast, but you will never be alone, you will make my strength your own, you will see my life trough your eyes, as your life i will see trough mine. Son becomes a father, a father becomes a son"

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 05:57 PM
Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedK

Lionel Luther must Die

Who here could bloody murder lionel luther for destroying clarks chances with lana????

My knuckles were white by the end of that episode!
Oh and anyone that thinks the acting on smallville is bad, well then you should f*** off lol

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 09:55 PM
RedK is currently offline Click here to Send RedK a Private Message Find more posts by RedK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Originally posted by Big Sexy

I agree, it was kind of strange, but not totally out of character for Lionel. In his mind he probably thought he was being a good father. Cause the truth is, if Lana had left Lex he probably would have committed suicide after killing Lana, and attempting to kill Clark. He's so desperate for love because he's never had it, that having it then losing it like that would just destroy him. It made me furious and so sad that Lionel forced Lana to marry Lex, but it would have been equally as sad if Lana hadn't. Only it would have been sad for Lex instead.

I do agree with Entity though that Lionel's change probably isn't genuine. He just knows for the moment he's out of his league with Jor-el and Clark so he's playing the good guy in order to get close enough to find out all the secrets.

I doubt Jor-el would ever let Lionel kill Clark, but Lana doesn't know that. She knows about Clark's powers but not that he's an alien.

That last episode left me with such an anxious feeling

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 10:02 PM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

Yeah I was surprised when he told lana that maybe he was just trying to pretect clark because did'nt want her to know so much.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 03:46 AM
darktim1 is currently offline Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by ~JP~
Well that wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The MB is definitely back.
I didn't mind the episode. BTW, awesome sig. cool

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 11:10 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

is there a way that i can rewatch this? It isn't on youtube sad

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 11:35 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Lana knowing Clark's secret is stupid, What are they going to do w/ her character now?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 11:50 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Real question is, does anyone care?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 10:46 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loserkids62206

hey i'm new here. i was crying a lot during this episode. i was disappointed in so many things though but i'll explain later when i have time

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 01:06 AM
loserkids62206 is currently offline Click here to Send loserkids62206 a Private Message Find more posts by loserkids62206 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

It just all seemed so nightmarish to me. Like nothing was really real. I wasn't sure if what was happening was someone's dream or if it was real. To find out at the end that everything was real just made it all the more disturbing. Especially the part of Lex killing the doctor and washing the blood off his hands right before the wedding.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm dying to know what's up with the baby. What did he do to it?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2007 02:14 AM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I Love my lana sad

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:43 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

*cough* lana lover *cough*

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 12:19 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

sad

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 26th, 2007 10:23 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Very good episode, I thought.

Lana had to save Clark now, by lying. Interesting twist.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 12:07 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Very good episode, I thought.

Lana had to save Clark now, by lying. Interesting twist.

No this is just another way for Lana to play the victim. God she makes me so maaad... miffed

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 12:25 AM
MysteryRidah
Living Eternally

I love this episode, watching clark fix the door while lana was watching , really showed how clark is. The part made me jump up and get hype, because he really looked like superman right there. smile

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 06:09 PM
MysteryRidah is currently offline Click here to Send MysteryRidah a Private Message Find more posts by MysteryRidah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote