KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why didnt Dooku betray Sidious back ?

Why didnt Dooku betray Sidious back ?
Started by: Count Makashi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Scythe
You're saying yours wouldn't?

j/k

Instinct would at least make you WANT to blurt something out to delay or spare the wrath you were about to face.
Instinct for the average Joe would make him yell out in pain, and beg for mercy.

Dooku ain't Joe. He's got stronger character than that. In the 7 seconds between Palpatine's order, and Anakin's slicing, even Dooku will be wondering, "WTF's goin' on?"

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He knew.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 10:28 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Or rather, "What should I do?"

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 11:18 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

You're not nobility.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 08:01 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

so i guess he didnt soil himself either
thats nice to know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:40 AM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

He was nobility, but he was also a Sith Lord, seduced by the Dark side, all that charm and elegance, was just an act, when he was Sith Lord, he was evil, manipulating and ruthless. He authorized use of biological weapon on innocent civilians, he believed, that he was doing god, but i think in his hart he knew what he has become.
And he knew what was going on, he had a talk with Sidious, before the fight and Sidious said he would intervene in case of defeat.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 01:33 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

so maybe he DID soil himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 02:13 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Prolly, according to Makashi.

the Dark Side doesn't change everything in a man like Dooku. Otherwise all Sith are identical, same character.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 02:48 PM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

I didn't say it changes everything, it was still some good left in him.
In Dark Rendezvous, Yoda almost turned Dooku back to the light side and probably he would seceded, if Anakin hadn't come, because of this Dooku become jealous and angry. In Dark Rendezvous he seams to regret turning to the Dark Side, but his pride, to becoming the most powerful jedi, is what holds him to the Dark side and his belief in Sidious.

There was always a risk, talking with Sidious. Sometimes the conversation would go badly, and Dooku would fail to please somehow. It was a terrible thing, failing to please his Master(Sidious).

I have dealt out your deaths, your schemes, your betrayals. I have paid for your war with my time, my riches, my friends, and my honor.»
Dooku to Sidious

Dooku believed in Sidious and to be betrayed like that, he could have betrayed him back, that is a way of the Sith, the Dark side, but i guess it wouldn't suit Dookus character, he is not a snitch.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by queeq
You're not nobility.
Yuh-huh.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 11:47 PM
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Maybe by not saying anything Dooku just showed how thuggish and from the hood he was. Snitching above everything else is the most looked down upon thing anyone can do in the streets.

Pour out some liquor for the thuggest Jedi ever, Dooku the O.G.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 08:15 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Dooku: "HEY ANAKIN, SIDIOUS IS SITH LORD, HE SET ME UP, WE WERE GONNA CONVERT YOU BUT HE IS LIE, WE SET UP TWO ARMIES TOGETHER SO HE CAN RISE TO POWER, YODA IS ACTUALLY CHEWBACCAS SISTER, SIDIOUS WILL KILL....BLARGH!!! I'M DED"

Anakin: "stfu n00b"

Attachment: asfasf.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 08:41 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

dooku had gas.......

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 10:07 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And I thought the film projector was broken...

Old Post Feb 16th, 2007 02:37 PM
Forcewielder

Re: Re: Re: Why didnt Dooku betray Sidious back ?

Originally posted by Count Makashi
But he has nothing to lose, i didn't say that he begs for mercy, if i was in Dooku position and i would knew that Anakin is going to kill me for all the things i done to him, i would at least try to repay Sidious back. Dooku gave Sidious everything and to be repaid like that, i would at least try to repay the favor.

But why bother? If you were in Anakin's position and you heard Dooku say that Palpatine's a Sith Lord, would you believe him? I wouldn't especially after he cut off my arm and caused me and my friends alot of trouble.

Any more talk from Dooku would piss off Anakin enough to kill him.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Forcewielder a Private Message Find more posts by Forcewielder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup... and he did.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 10:30 PM
Fishy1201
Me, obviously

he knew palp was evil in aotc he says sumet to obi one like the repuplic is under the control of a dark lord of the sith

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Fishy1201 a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy1201 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

I do think Dooku shoulda opened his mouth... say anything at that moment to save yer head!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:39 PM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope. Not the nobleman's way.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 08:08 AM
overlord
OD'd

I agree, he should have screamed out the whole story while crying and saying it isn't fun anymore. He'd still get his head torn off though.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 08:58 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote