KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Respect Thread of the Incredible Hulk

The Respect Thread of the Incredible Hulk
Started by: Beta Ray Howard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ankur29
ankur

withstands what appears to be a blackbolt scream!!!!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 08:53 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ankur29
withstands what appears to be a blackbolt scream!!!!!!!!!!!

This, of course, happens in the same month we see Spider Man remember how the Hulk once got knocked out by Captain America. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 09:59 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

So?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 10:01 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

It's called being wildly inconsistant. Nice job, Marvel.
It's the other way around. Cap shouldn't be knocking him out, and he should get flattened by Black Bolt's scream.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 03:57 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
strengthkills

he shouldnt be getting kod by cap but hulks potential is limitless, hulk takin bbs scream is much more beliavable

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 10:47 PM
strengthkills is currently offline Click here to Send strengthkills a Private Message Find more posts by strengthkills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by roughrider
It's called being wildly inconsistant. Nice job, Marvel.
It's the other way around. Cap shouldn't be knocking him out, and he should get flattened by Black Bolt's scream.

Respect thread dude. GTFO or you'll be reported.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 01:28 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hannibal-Lector

although i consider my self the farthest away from a hulk fan.... im impressed by the organization and construction of this thread....

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 01:55 AM
Hannibal-Lector is currently offline Click here to Send Hannibal-Lector a Private Message Find more posts by Hannibal-Lector Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 02:43 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

hulk owning blackbolt ,different artist,looks better everytime:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l...ulk107-0012.jpg

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 12:21 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 12:26 PM
ankur29
ankur

Last edited by ankur29 on Jun 25th, 2007 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 07:07 PM
ankur29
ankur

hulk withstands vaporising heat along with his friend:

http://www.newsarama.com/imagepop.h...LK096_1_5_4.jpg

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 07:18 PM
Priest

Originally posted by ankur29

remeber than 150 billion ton mountain........... don't worry if it was too old a comic , here it is with a more modern look

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/...ULK100010BU.jpg

U know wat book that flash back will be in?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 02:58 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

the hulk was not holding up, pressing, supporting or any other verbing 150 billion tons. i can't express how tired i am of hearing that get referenced incorrectly.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 04:05 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Disappear
the hulk was not holding up, pressing, supporting or any other verbing 150 billion tons. i can't express how tired i am of hearing that get referenced incorrectly.
Hulk did support that weight.

It was confirmed by either Iron Man or Reed Richards, as well as on the cover of SW #4.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 27th, 2007 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 04:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

covers are non-canon. covers don't count. the cover does not represent what's happening in the comic itself, particularly in this case. yes, i know what comic it's from.

hulk uses his body and strength to support the lining of the enclave in which the heroes are huddled. he is not lifting/supporting/pressing/verbing anywhere near the entire 150 billion ton mass the cover claims exists. also, he isn't the only one sharing the weight.

aside from that, it would be geometrically impossible for the hulk's relatively small area of contact to at all support the entire dome-shaped hollow they were in. more likely, if he actually attempted to lift it solo, he'd redistribute the pressures around the half-spherical area and cause a collapse.

stop propagating misconceptions.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 06:16 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"Deep beneath billions of tons of stone":

"There must be 2 miles of rock above us. How can even you hold all that up Hulk?"

"I'm just bracing it... I've got leverage still":

So yes,

Hulk did brace the entire weight of that mountain for a short while. smile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 06:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jun 27th, 2007 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 07:17 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

no he didn't. i don't know if you understand geometry, but the planes of the top half of the mountain and the bottom half of the mountain weren't separated. hulk wasn't the only point of connection between, thus, he was not bracing the entire weight of the mountain. the vast majority of the "bottom half" on which the "top half" was resting was holding the majority of the weight.

just saying "he's under billions of tons of rock" doesn't translate to "he alone is supporting 150 billion tons." just because there are "two miles of rock above them" doesn't mean "he alone is supporting 150 billion tons." he's holding a lot of weight, i'll give him that much. but he isn't holding/bracing/pushing against 150 billion tons. if that much weight was pressing down directly onto the hulk, the rock wall would be shattering and grinding every hero in their to dust as it takes over the "empty" area in an attempt to relieve the pressure.

again, stop propagating misconceptions.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 10:54 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"There must be 2 miles of rock above us. How can even you hold ALL that up Hulk?"

"I'm just bracing it... I've got leverage still":

Trying to turn this event into a geometry class is pointless friend. erm

It's a comic book,

And the panel evidence from this comic book leads me to believe Hulk was bracing the entire weight of that mountain, for a short while.

But enough spam... This is a respect thread afterall. smile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:03 PM