KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Respect Thread of the Incredible Hulk

The Respect Thread of the Incredible Hulk
Started by: Beta Ray Howard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 44 45 [46] 47 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

This explains itself.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Master
=====================

This is what happened before and after the mountain fell ...

... at ground zero ...

that we never got to see in the original story

=====================

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 10:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamma Burst

Originally posted by carver9
This explains itself.

Those scans are great!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 10:37 PM
Gamma Burst is currently offline Click here to Send Gamma Burst a Private Message Find more posts by Gamma Burst Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior Madness
God of Thunder

Hulk displays ability to adapt for underwater breathing once again - Inc. Hulk #9

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 10:44 PM
Warrior Madness is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior Madness a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior Madness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/128...up_013.jpg.html

The Avengers are down...they are about to lose...Thor states "now is the time"...Tony tells him its not in his control (to basically bring out the secret weapon). Then all of a sudden, Hulk appears...the person Thor and Tony needed to bring the team back to the winning edge.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 08:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamma Burst

Yeah, time for the real big gun to save the day. cool

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 11:34 PM
Gamma Burst is currently offline Click here to Send Gamma Burst a Private Message Find more posts by Gamma Burst Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

I know it's more of a commentary than an actual feat, but...i think the BIGGEST testimony of hulk strength was the fact that The Beyonder....not just The Beyonder but a Pre-Retconned Beyonder actually stated on panel that

"The is an infinity of power with no finite element inside"

Coming from a being that made the marvel universe look like a droplet in an ocean....u really can't get any better than that.

unfortunately, the shit got retconned, lol, damn u marvel!

Last edited by dynamix on Aug 12th, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2012 12:17 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Hulk Has Just Beaten Wolverine And Thing! smile Someone Should Post It....

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2012 06:39 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

NA

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 05:40 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by dynamix
I know it's more of a commentary than an actual feat, but...i think the BIGGEST testimony of hulk strength was the fact that The Beyonder....not just The Beyonder but a Pre-Retconned Beyonder actually stated on panel that

"The is an infinity of power with no finite element inside"

Coming from a being that made the marvel universe look like a droplet in an ocean....u really can't get any better than that.

unfortunately, the shit got retconned, lol, damn u marvel!

Marvel MULTIVERSE .

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 07:09 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I would also like to add that Beyonder himself being retconned into a less powerful being doesn't make the statements he made any less canon. In fact, pretty much all of Beyonder's feats in SW II are still canon to this day.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2012 08:45 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gamma Burst

Originally posted by Galan007
I would also like to add that Beyonder himself being retconned into a less powerful being doesn't make the statements he made any less canon. In fact, pretty much all of Beyonder's feats in SW II are still canon to this day.

Very well said. cool

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 04:47 AM
dynamix

Originally posted by Galan007

thumb up thumb up

Old Post Sep 7th, 2012 12:26 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

Hulk Smash Avengers mini is canon ?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 05:14 PM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Hulk Smash Avengers mini is canon ?

Yes.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 03:18 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It is canon, even though it's full of errors and inconsistencies.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 05:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

thumb up

Old Post Sep 28th, 2012 03:10 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by BeyondTheGrave
see the funny thing, for every statement of yours there is a counter statement that proves that they are pretty much even in strength. for example, there's the fight where Thor manages to lift up Hulk off the ground despite Hulk trying to pin him (Hulk even shouted "No! Hulk is supposed to be strongest there is!") and then there's the bit where Thor and Hulk stalemated eachother for two straight hours in a test of strengths, with neither of them giving an inch. In both scenarios, it was Thor who was holding back. In 90% of the fights, Thor pretty much starts out by saying how he's holding back, while Hulk is going bashite and trying to smash Thor. it's pretty obvious who's holding back and who isn't. besides, if he wasn't holding back, how come we never see Thor using lightening (the one time we do, he pretty much knocks Hulk out with one shot). In fact, the "turns Thor's face to hamburger" was when Hulk surprised him and a few seconds later, Thor was up on his feet asking the fight to continue.

oh and I recall Thor killing Hulk and Thing with one arm WITHOUT mjolnir smile

Wasn't that in Reigning?
And didn't he get a beatdown from Captain America of all after that?
And I recall Hulk beating Thor to near death multiple times, no-selling every one of his attacks, and then beating him so bad that Thor thought he was going to die.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:07 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

God, you made me talk about that shitty Hulk vs Thor movie.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:07 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Barf

sick mad embarrasment

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:08 PM
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Heavenly king
wwh vs rulk ( the end is here battle )

Total curbstomp and I love it. smile big grin laughing
The only thing I din't like was that She-Hulk vs Red She-Hulk in the background. Betty is a lot stronger than Jen. I think that was for both Jen lovers and Betty haters, especially those who didn't. Granted, I don't like Red She-Hulk either, but underplaying their strength is bad.
Sidenote: I don't like Jen either.
And then in Hulk #22. That was very bad. Everyone is just picking on Ross when he is trying to be a good guy. That issue was tailor made to appease Rulk haters and those who were hurt by their favorite characters getting beat down. Hulk beat Rulk in a completely fair fight. In this issue, Thor was beating down Rulk when he was not fighting back at all and was trying to explain that he was a good guy.
Thor: I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!!!
I loved that quote and felt even better when I heard he said in a fight against Rulk. I was happy, thinking Thor beat Rulk in a real fight.
But seeing the fight, that dialogue made Thor look an even worse jerkass than without it.
Then Namor. Rulk went to Atlantis and helped save his kingdom when Namor could do nothing. Then what does he get as thanks? A lot of punches, and the reason given? "You helped the Intelligencia, that's why my kingdom is like this" Due, didn't he just save your kingdom from the same thing? Yes, Namor is the god of jerkasses, but this was again Rulk hater feed. Rulk should've just beat him down. But he can't or he'll go to jail again.
The only thing I liked is the payback from the Watcher. Rulk and Thor were sent to destroy the asteroids heading for the Earth. While they were doing it, a black hole opened up and Rulk got too close, and began to get sucked in. The Watcher Uatu appeared, and said that he cannot interfere but only watch. Thor saved Rulk, and back on Earth, there was a conversation somewhat like this:
Banner:You may have made a whole new level of enemy when you punched the Watcher.
Thor: He punched Uatu? Utter madness.
Yep.
And Banner implies the Watcher may have something to do with this.
Seriously, why the f*** did he go and punch the Watcher? The Watchers don't interfere in anything. Why the heck did he do that? Idiot
And it didn't even end there. Some uber-powerful hunter sensed the energy signature left on Uatu's face and tracked down Rulk to hunt him. They fought, and seeing he had no chance to win, he transformed back into Ross so that he could die as a human. God knows what was that about, but according to the comic, as Rulk's energy signature disappeared, the hunter thought he was dead so he left.
And something I semi-liked, semi-disliked was the convo between Bruce and Ross after removing his absorption ability.
Banner: Go red, and I'll go green. I've beaten you before Ross, and I'll do it again. I am the Hulk.
I like it cause it makes Bruce look like a total badass, I dislike it because it is blatant exploitation of his current state, and oppressing Ross when he has him under his power.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2014 12:58 PM