KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man 3 game?

Spider-man 3 game?
Started by: Jyppe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Spider-man 3 game?

So, the official site has been oppened:
What do you want to see in the game, playable enemies? Should it be more like Ult. Spider-man game or Spider-man 2 game?

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Feb 17th, 2007 10:57 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Wiki already knows alot about the game. Their are going to be two new villains introduced to the Spiderman video games franchise. Morbius and Shriek. BUT they are only in the Wii version of the game.

It was recently edited out of wiki but I will post anyway.

Spiderman 3 (video game)

Villains (Wii):

Known:
Venom
Sandman
Goblin
Morbius
Shriek

Most Likely:
Shocker
Some other Symbiots
Electro
Lizard

Want:
Shocker
Electro
Lizard
Mysterio
Kingpin
Black Cat- (She was in the Spiderman 3 game so it would be interesting to see her again in the Spiderman 3 game)
Wolverine

There are ten villains in the game. Two extras for Wii.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 01:57 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

so black cat was in the spider-man 3 game and so it should be interesting to see her in the spider-man 3 game... confused

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 08:52 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the_satan32

Sounds great but I hope the PC version isn't screwed like the Spider-Man 2 game. It's also good to know that Spidey and Symbiote Spidey will have different styles.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 09:08 AM
the_satan32 is currently offline Click here to Send the_satan32 a Private Message Find more posts by the_satan32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I had the PS2 version, how was the PC version screwed up?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 10:35 AM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the_satan32

It was for kids and was developed by a different company. It was simple, boring and too easy. The free roaming elements of the PS2 version were missing. The graphics was lame and so was the gameplay.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 10:49 AM
the_satan32 is currently offline Click here to Send the_satan32 a Private Message Find more posts by the_satan32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the_satan32

Oh and there was no Black Cat. sad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 11:00 AM
steverules
The doctor

PS2 version was amazing, PSP version is bad sad dunno why I bought that one as well. I just play the PS2 version now, I recently completed it...again

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 12:19 PM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules
so black cat was in the spider-man 3 game and so it should be interesting to see her in the spider-man 3 game... confused

Typo:
She was in the Spiderman 2 game so it should be interesting to see here again in Spiderman 3.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 02:47 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

My gf dumped me sad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 02:54 PM
Arachnid1

My gf dumped me sad

Man...that really bites. sad
I'm confident things will be better by the end of next week so don't dwell on it to much man. yes sleep

PWNT

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 03:06 PM
DBZ MAN
The First Super Sayain

My gf dumped me sad

That is tradgic but what's that gotta do with the Spider-man video game?
Which nobody has sent a link to! mad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 03:32 PM
DBZ MAN is currently offline Click here to Send DBZ MAN a Private Message Find more posts by DBZ MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by DBZ MAN
That is tradgic but what's that gotta do with the Spider-man video game?
Which nobody has sent a link to! mad

Spiderman 3 Official Game Website

PWNT

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 03:48 PM
DBZ MAN
The First Super Sayain

Yeah found it now and might as well post the trailer to the game here instead of making a new topic.
http://www.wii-volution.com/news/wi...-3-trailer.html

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 04:22 PM
DBZ MAN is currently offline Click here to Send DBZ MAN a Private Message Find more posts by DBZ MAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the_satan32

I saw it, the graphics look good. Though I didn't see any actual gameplay. When's the release date? I suppose with the movie.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 04:55 PM
steverules
The doctor

I am so buying this...maybe it'll help me get over my ex who cheated on me even though I never did anything wrong to her...I'll unleash the darkness in me alrite, I'm sooo mad

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 06:08 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by the_satan32
I saw it, the graphics look good. Though I didn't see any actual gameplay. When's the release date? I suppose with the movie.
Yep. The exact same day as the movie comes out.

The official site actually counst down the days, hours minutes and seconds until it come out. Pretty cool if you as me. This game is supposed to be even more detailed than Spiderman 2. You get to go inside all the buildings of new york and possibly queens. It's going to be the best Spiderman game to ever come out!

PWNT

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 07:03 PM
the_satan32

Yes it looks that way and like I said before it better not be screwed for the PC. Since I haven't played the good versions of SM2 could someone tell me about it's more interesting sides and features.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 07:22 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by the_satan32
Yes it looks that way and like I said before it better not be screwed for the PC. Since I haven't played the good versions of SM2 could someone tell me about it's more interesting sides and features.

Well, I don't know much about the computer version, but the X-box version was great.

1. Like you said, it has black cat. You team up with her on occasion to take on criminals and bosses like Shocker.

2. Players can perform many moves and use many skills as seen in the film, including:
Wall Sprint: Spidey can run along vertical walls and even straight up the side of a building. If this skill has been upgraded, the wall running speed will be increased
Spider-Sense: Spidey can now use his Spider sense during times of danger. While his Spidey senses are activated, the rest of the game world slows down, which grants Spidey more speed and agility to dodge and attack, his attacks become more powerful and varied, and enemy attacks are easier to spot.
Charged Jumps: Spider-Man can jump higher than before. To activate, the player holds down the jump button to charge and releases it to jump. Jumps can be charged to different levels.

3. There are side missions:
Pizza Missions: Those missions are activated by heading to Pizza Iolo's. Spider-Man has to deliver pizzas to customers within a certain time limit, while trying not to mess them up by spinning in the air and doing other similar tricks. Completing all the missions will earn the "Employee of the Month" title.
Photo Missions: Spider-Man will go to the Daily Bugle and be assigned a place to take pictures of within a certain time limit. He will then have to return to the Daily Bugle and give the pictures to J.J. Jameson. Completing all the missions will earn the "Shutterbug" title.
Mary Jane Missions: These missions involve going to Mary Jane's apartment and finding a note telling Spider-Man to meet her in a certain location, such as a restaurant or a movie theatre. Like the others, these missions are timed. Completing them all will earn the "Lover Not a Fighter" title.
Video Game Arcade: At the arcade there are 4 minigames Spider-Man can play, each of them enhancing his skills and earning hero points. Winning them all earns the "Hardcore Gamer" title.
Tokens: There are many tokens hidden all around the city, which Spider-Man can search for and find to earn hero points. There are Skyscraper Tokens, found on tall buildings, Buoy Tokens, found on floating buoys off the shore, Hideout Tokens, found in thugs' hideouts, like basements, restaurants, fitness centers and pubs, where the player may have to fight them, and Secret Tokens, found in various hard to find locations. All of these tokens earn hero points.
Hint Markers: These are similar to the tokens listed above, except these can be found on the map, so they are easier to get. Most of them give the player hints for the game, but some are just funny comments, biographies, extra points or remarks. One such token mentions that, by finding all the hint tokens, they would be changed to say something different; After activating the last token, activating any token will play a random recording of Bruce Campbell saying 'Something Different' in a variety of ways.
Challenges: These can be activated by a blue challenge marker, found all over the city. They involve Spider-Man racing to a point or performing tricks and stunts within a certain time limit. The difficulty level ranges from "Easy" to "Insane". Winning each Challenge will give the player the opportunity to do the challenge again, but with a tighter time limit, earning more hero points. This second form is called a Mega Challenge. Beating all the Challenges will yield the "Silver Medalist" title, whilst beating all of the Mega Challenges will give the player the "Gold Medalist" title.
Fight Arena: The Fight Arena is a large warehouse which can be activated by purchasing it at the Spidey Store for 5000 hero points. Here the player will fight a number of bosses and other enemies that Spidey has faced before in the game, including Calypso in the last of 8 levels.

4. Critical Reception
The home console game was released to generally positive reviews. The most popular aspect of the game was the web-swinging mechanic, where Spider-Man had to shoot webbing at an actual building, unlike previous games where he shot webbing up into the sky. However, parts of the game were highly criticized, such as the dullness of the side missions and the linearity of the story objectives (which many saw to be contrary to the developers' idea of creating a free-form game). There was also some disappointment at the lack of unlockable content in the game, leaving players who completed all objectives with nothing to show for it.

The other versions of the game also received generally positive reviews with the exception of the PC version, which was "dumbed down" for a young audience and thus featured more simplistic and less challenging gameplay. Many reviewers argued that the PC should have received a port of the console versions instead.

PS. This is all from wiki. Wiki knows all.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 07:35 PM
the_satan32

I see, thanks. The PC version didn't have any of those which is a real shame.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2007 07:46 PM