KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Guy the Peacebringer's Celestial Respect Thread

Guy the Peacebringer's Celestial Respect Thread
Started by: Ethereal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So wait, for example every single Arishem we've seen is just a different representation of the same Celestial?

I wonder if they are all small aspects of one greater whole. It'd be interesting if we've never seen a real Celestial, and that each one possesses a Multiversal true form. Very New God like.

Tbh, as cool as this is, it might not hold up very well to scrutiny and just cause more problems for continuity.
It could be explained under the dimension of manifestations:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/.../Quasar3712.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/.../Quasar3713.jpg

If there is a "Super" Celestial for every different one.

The "Super" one would just be ignored like "Super" Galactus is. It doesn't really change much, it just brings upon theories and connects all Celestials.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 07:48 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It could be explained under the dimension of manifestations:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/.../Quasar3712.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/.../Quasar3713.jpg

If there is a "Super" Celestial for every different one.

The "Super" one would just be ignored like "Super" Galactus is. It doesn't really change much, it just brings upon theories and connects all Celestials.

That's pretty cool, completely forgot about them.

Although I think if such an aspect of Celestials exists, it transcends the dimension of manifestations as it would be a true Multiversal being. Imo anyways.

I wonder if more mythological beings like Odin have ever been linked with that dimension (Do you know if they have?). Fraction revealed that Odin manifests at the same time in different places/times in that Iron Man issue where he showed Stark "infinity".

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 23rd, 2013 at 07:55 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 07:52 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

That's pretty cool, completely forgot about them.

Although I think if such an aspect of Celestials exists, it transcends the dimension of manifestations as it would be a true Multiversal being. Imo anyways.

I wonder if more mythological beings like Odin have ever been linked with that dimension (Do you know if they have?). Fraction revealed that Odin manifests at the same time in different places/times in that Iron Man issue where he showed Stark "infinity".
IIRC LT uses the Dimension, so I don't think anything would transcend it.

I don't think so. I think it's only been the "Cosmic" characters.
Though if that's the case, it's possible he's used it. Or it's one of those "every plane of existence" battle feat type of things.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 08:06 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Neat revelation about the Celestials.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 08:16 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

IIRC LT uses the Dimension, so I don't think anything would transcend it.

Though if that's the case, it's possible he's used it. Or it's one of those "every plane of existence" battle feat type of things.

Oh, then yea, I guess.

Wait, does this dimension have a monopoly on all manifestations and stuff? What I mean is, no matter a beings power, if they wish to manifest themselves somewhere, they have to go throught this dimension?

Because Odin spends a surpringly large amount of time manifesting as a floating magical, plot device head (Or body) that waves Thor's problems away.

I'm at work or I'd post the scans but here's a link (Scroll down):
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...4/news/?a=49655

I also liked how he showed Iron Man Infinity or whatever and ressurected the city. Anyways, enough of Odin in a Celestial thread. Sorry for getting side-tracked.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 23rd, 2013 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 08:19 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Oh, then yea, I guess.

Wait, does this dimension have a monopoly on all manifestations and stuff? What I mean is, no matter a beings power, if they wish to manifest themselves somewhere, they have to go throught this dimension?

Because Odin spends a surpringly large amount of time manifesting as a floating magical, plot device head (Or body) that waves Thor's problems away.

I'm at work or I'd post the scans but here's a link (Scroll down):
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...4/news/?a=49655

I also liked how he showed Iron Man Infinity or whatever and ressurected the city. Anyways, enough of Odin in a Celestial thread. Sorry for getting side-tracked.
I think it's only if you want a fully functioning physical body at some other place in time, the universe, or another universe.

The dimension's purpose is for beings without physical forms to create physical forms. And for other "almost abstracts" to create physical representations for another place.

If we follow the "Super" Celestial theory, then we'd have to believe he'd sit there all the time creating manifestations for every universe and what have you.

With Odin, it'd likely be some sort of energy avatar, mental projection, or a "portal" if you will that he is actually closer than he appears. With the dimension, it'd be theoretically possible for there to be a bunch of physical disposable 616 Odin's running around while the real one beats off in the dimension or something.

It's a legit question on how it works with an example close to you. thumb up

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 08:35 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I think it's only if you want a fully functioning physical body at some other place in time, the universe, or another universe.

The dimension's purpose is for beings without physical forms to create physical forms. And for other "almost abstracts" to create physical representations for another place.

If we follow the "Super" Celestial theory, then we'd have to believe he'd sit there all the time creating manifestations for every universe and what have you.

With Odin, it'd likely be some sort of energy avatar, mental projection, or a "portal" if you will that he is actually closer than he appears. With the dimension, it'd be theoretically possible for there to be a bunch of physical disposable 616 Odin's running around while the real one beats off in the dimension or something.

It's a legit question on how it works with an example close to you. thumb up

Oh okay, understood.

I just assumed that beings of this level can create such forms as an afterthought without even using much energy or attention. But I guess this dimension makes it much more convenient.

Mental projection sounds about right for all the past instances. Especially since Odin in some interpretations has a sit of power high on a mountain that lets him observe everything at the same time, use his ravens as heralds or even use the Odin Force for projection/omniscience. Fraction's implies physical bodies however with his choice of words however.

Lol, that sounds so much like his Odin I honestly think if we send him an email with this idea, he'd use it in a future story-line. Not even kidding, it sounds like something he'd love to use to highlight his ******* portrayal of Odin. Just a fat disgusting slob who jerks off while he laughs at everyone elses struggles.

Yea, I'm awesome like that.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 23rd, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 08:39 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Oh okay, understood.

I just assumed that beings of this level can create such forms as an afterthought without even using much energy or attention. But I guess this dimension makes it much more convenient.

Mental projection sounds about right for all the past instances. Especially since Odin in some interpretations has a sit of power high on a mountain that lets him observe everything at the same time, use his ravens as heralds or even use the Odin Force for projection/omniscience. Fraction's implies physical bodies however with his choice of words.

Lol, that sounds so much like his Odin I honestly think if we send him an email with this idea, he'd use it in a future story-line. Not even kidding, it sounds like something he'd love to use to highlight his ******* portrayal of Odin.

Yea, I'm awesome like that.
Well, it's disposable bodies that are close to equal to the original character. I wish Galactus could create another Galactus as an afterthought laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2013 08:45 PM
Mr Master

The Dimension of Manifestations exists primarily to grant Abstracts a physical body where from they can employ their Full power.

Quasi-physicals like Galactus and even physicals like Magus have used the DofM,
to make an appearance somewhere where they couldn't physically for whatever reason.

The difference is, that Galactus, nor Magus or any other plysical of any type,
can exchange their energies with the Fractals (M-body) like the Abstracts can.

So, while Odin may be able to use the DofM and create 1000's of Odins,
they'll all be ethereal-type reflections of the original with one capability, to communicate.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 12:41 AM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Mr Master
The Dimension of Manifestations exists primarily to grant Abstracts a physical body where from they can employ their Full power.

Quasi-physicals like Galactus and even physicals like Magus have used the DofM,
to make an appearance somewhere where they couldn't physically for whatever reason.

The difference is, that Galactus, nor Magus or any other plysical of any type,
can exchange their energies with the Fractals (M-body) like the Abstracts can.

So, while Odin may be able to use the DofM and create 1000's of Odins,
they'll all be ethereal-type reflections of the original with one capability, to communicate.
It seems like a waste if all they could do was create energy beings that could only communicate when they can already do that without the dimension. erm

Plus with all the energy being exchanged, and actually allowing them to practice just so they can see how well an entity is represented? That seems to heavily imply power. The infinite and finite part implies that the abstracts need the infinite ones due to such a high power level and since the abstracts can instantly become xboxhuge at the drop of a dime.

At least IMO.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 01:21 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

That doesn't mean that every Celestial in every Universe is of exact power levels. A -direct- link was established, that doesn't mean they're identical.
I don't think he was implying that all Celestials are the same power level. Power is based on individual Celestial rather than which universe they are from.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2013 02:20 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

IIRC, heralds and sub-herald characters have used M-Bodies in the past.

Old Post May 6th, 2013 09:17 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It was implied that the Mad Celestials had destroyed the other universes they entered, via them supposedly going to destroy 616. And one of these comes from Nate Richards, who has seen their destruction in other timelines.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...comic/ff-11.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...c/FF_15_002.jpg

At the very least, it implies they have the power to destroy universes, though that shouldn't be a surprise.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 07:01 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^It was also implied that they were intent on taking over the multiverse in the FF#572.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 09:35 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Old Post Sep 9th, 2013 09:20 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Goals could have changed seeing as they're crazy

Probably. Although I think it has more to do with vengeance on the Reeds for nearly driving their race to extinction.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2013 05:00 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2014 06:10 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Updated the thread title.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Very well done.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 1st, 2014 06:53 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

hey, i remember when I made this thread.

smile

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 02:34 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote