KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » "Sentry Can Solo the JLA" : From CBR Forums

"Sentry Can Solo the JLA" : From CBR Forums
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

the other 6 members sit and watch as superman ebats sentry on his own. Sentry is so over rated yeesh. My next sig will say it all. GREAT CEASAR'S GHSOT

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:09 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Ignorance is just not knowing something.
Nothing offensive about it.

However- saying he beat them all is just stupid, given he's never shown near the power neccisary.

JLA deal with threats vastly beyond Sentry.

exactly, they don't know that the jla would go to town on the sentry, and then send him back to joe q in several small boxes... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

.......Most of the big 7 can bitchslap sentry on their lonesome.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:17 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

lol. Happy joe Fridays as they say

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:18 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

anyone know another site that has no mods ?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:22 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Don't get me wrong, I like Sentry, I read his mini.. I read the first couple trades of the avengers, and I got "The Return". As far as Supes knockoffs go, he's an interesting one. But he hasn't done anything that I saw that made me believe he could take the JLA at all.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:32 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Juntai
Don't get me wrong, I like Sentry, I read his mini.. I read the first couple trades of the avengers, and I got "The Return". As far as Supes knockoffs go, he's an interesting one. But he hasn't done anything that I saw that made me believe he could take the JLA at all.

i'm in pretty much the same boat myself...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 12:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

CBR is ran by fanboys. The Mods are biased fanboys who WILL bann you if you prove them wrong.

I got banned for proving The Watcher wrong about Thanos. I made him look stupid because he passed a "CBR law" that says Thanos has faster than light reflexes, I proved him wrong and he banned me for it.

Sentry is very hard to understand simply because Marvel says he's more powerful than any other hero.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 04:48 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by long pig
CBR is ran by fanboys. The Mods are biased fanboys who WILL bann you if you prove them wrong.

I got banned for proving The Watcher wrong about Thanos. I made him look stupid because he passed a "CBR law" that says Thanos has faster than light reflexes, I proved him wrong and he banned me for it.

Sentry is very hard to understand simply because Marvel says he's more powerful than any other hero.
Problem comes with "who does the invincible hero fight?" Thats why stuff like civil war 7 didn't feature him. How the hell do you right a story when your company has verbally stated that one character could end the whole issue if he chose. Theirs no real place for him. He'd be better off hanging with cosmics and not earths heroes.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:09 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Isn't this what happened to Dr. Strange? Except, Doc Strange is a lot cooler than Sentry and he's not overhyped and overrated. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:11 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Isn't this what happened to Dr. Strange? Except, Doc Strange is a lot cooler than Sentry and he's not overhyped and overrated. stick out tongue

Yeah, The Watcher said Strange could end it all with a gesture. Which, he could....but, PIS or not, this isn't his fight. He's above the whole human struggle.

Fighting in this war would mean going against the vow he swore when he became Sorcerer Supreme.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:16 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Couldn't he at least pull a ghost rider and show Wanda what she did? sad She deserves to suffer for all this crap.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:36 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Didn't Hercules knock Sentry out of the fight in CW #7? He was not seen in the comic after that I don't think.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:43 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Really? Herc BFRed Sentry? I need to reread that. But good for Herc if he did.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:44 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Really? Herc BFRed Sentry? I need to reread that. But good for Herc if he did.
One panel shows Herc. and Hulking punching Sentry. But then Sentry is not to be seen again....

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:47 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by snoopdogg
One panel shows Herc. and Hulking punching Sentry. But then Sentry is not to be seen again....

Herc moved on to bigger things like taking on the fake Thor.laughinglaughing Haaa. Youre right just looked at it again and after the double hit from Herc and Hulkling, Sentry isnt seen again till one of the final pages where they show Iron Man introducing new Initiative teams across the country. What a joke.

Id also like to ask did anyone notice Cage manhandling Doc Samson? He had him in the air with one hand about to pound his face. I thought that was interesting.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 06:20 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

As far as Bias goes, I noticed CBR has no respect for Supes when compared to Marvel characters that are top tier or above. I don't like Supes and I feel there's a horrible DC bias here but there's a bias on CBR as well.

I love their SvFL.
"Every feat we don't like, it's not allowed."

Cap dodged speedstars and tagged speedstars around six times but let's toss them all out. Oh and ban the member if he dares post feats again for Captain America....

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 07:02 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Yes, that's another thing. The CBR mods make official "rulings" to declare how powerful a character is, and even if these rulings are not supported by canon or contradicted, any attempt to argue against them gets you banned.

Don't even get me started on their abuse of SMvFL. Superman vs Goku thread:

Me: Superman held a black hole in his hand.

Them: SMvFL

Me: Superman escaped the pull of a black hole from the inside

Me: Superman escaped a black hole that opened right under his feet.

Me: Superman defeated Dominus who was a universal threat

Me: Superman flew across the solar system in 4 minutes.

Me: Superman moved the moon 3 times

Me: Superman hurt Imperiex who was a universal threat

etc.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 07:09 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

who, preytell is FL?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 07:29 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Firelord........

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 07:29 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote