KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Puck vs. Beast

Puck vs. Beast
Started by: Faceman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Don't know enough on Puck's durability if adamintium could cut him or not. He was listed as having the same level of durability as Mr.Fantastic and Colossus...so I don't know

This isn't just durability, Puck outclasses Beast in all areas sans strength.

mr.fanastic has been cut by adamtium.......and thing durability as well as others are in colossus level of durability.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 12:46 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by capt it up
mr.fanastic has been cut by adamtium.......and thing durability as well as others are in colossus level of durability.

Actually on panel in Enemy of the State it showed Wolverine couldn't cut Fantastic. Meh! adamintium didn't cut Colossus.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 12:54 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Actually on panel in Enemy of the State it showed Wolverine couldn't cut Fantastic. Meh! adamintium didn't cut Colossus.

yes becuase he kept exspanding which allowed him to go undamage. However If he did not do that then he would have been cut like he has been before

colossus crap is iffy sicne it stated colossus organic metal was no match for adamatium.

not to mention lgoan ahs cut thing, namor and so on all people in that level.

he also cut mr fantastic before

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 01:06 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

yes becuase he kept exspanding which allowed him to go undamage. However If he did not do that then he would have been cut like he has been before

colossus crap is iffy sicne it stated colossus organic metal was no match for adamatium.

not to mention lgoan ahs cut thing, namor and so on all people in that level.

he also cut mr fantastic before

and Puck is compressed at a molecular level very similar to Mr.Fantastic and said to be puncture proof. So like I said *shrugs*

Adamintium can cut Colossus, but Wolverine cannot generate enough force to fully penetrate him.

Well Puck apparently has a higher level of durability than Namor, Thing is iffy as his durability (Puck) has yet to be fully explained

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 01:09 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

and Puck is compressed at a molecular level very similar to Mr.Fantastic and said to be puncture proof. So like I said *shrugs*

hand books again my friend not good evidence. Sicne lgoans cut people in the level before. Ya and as I stated Mr. Fantastic ahs been cut by wolverine before.

Adamintium can cut Colossus, but Wolverine cannot generate enough force to fully penetrate him.

thats a miss conception. Wolverines claws are designed to negate strength. It does nto matter how strong the person is becuase of the biuld of the claws since they cut on molecular levels.

Well Puck apparently has a higher level of durability than Namor, Thing is iffy as his durability (Puck) has yet to be fully explained

really now pucks has higher durability then they do becuase? That pure speculation on your part.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 01:13 AM
-K-M-

hand books again my friend not good evidence. Sicne lgoans cut people in the level before. Ya and as I stated Mr. Fantastic ahs been cut by wolverine before.

Not just handbooks, they stated he was puncture proof, invulnerable and nearly indestructable in the actual comics. Like I said *shrugs*, when has Wolverine cut him? Honest question as I never seen it (not doubting you, just cuirous)

thats a miss conception. Wolverines claws are designed to negate strength. It does nto matter how strong the person is becuase of the biuld of the claws since they cut on molecular levels.

Alright grab a knife and try to stab a brick wall and see what happens. You can have the sharpest knife, but if don't have force behind it means nothing.

really now pucks has higher durability then they do becuase? That pure speculation on your part.

Actually yes it is speculation as I even said "as his durability (Puck) has yet to be fully explained"..

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 01:16 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Alright grab a knife and try to stab a brick wall and see what happens. You can have the sharpest knife, but if don't have force behind it means nothing.

The comparison has been made before, but I believe that, in comics, Wolverine's claws have been stated as functioning in the method that Capt described - not based on strength.

I mean, take a butter knife, run it across your hand. Nothing?

Now take a straight razor, and use the same amount of force. Your hand is now gushing blood.

Extrapolate that to 'infinite' sharpness (which is, pretty much, what molecular sharpness would be), and you could rend through anything with minimal force.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 01:26 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Soljer
The comparison has been made before, but I believe that, in comics, Wolverine's claws have been stated as functioning in the method that Capt described - not based on strength.

I mean, take a butter knife, run it across your hand. Nothing?

Now take a straight razor, and use the same amount of force. Your hand is now gushing blood.

Extrapolate that to 'infinite' sharpness (which is, pretty much, what molecular sharpness would be), and you could rend through anything with minimal force.

Except your using human skin as a comparison when it isn't very durable at all. Like I said use a highly sharpened blade and run it across a brick wall. Even Nemesis sword, which is 1 atom thick has stated she needs force to cut objects.

Adamintium has shown to not even be able to cut a person with unbreakable skin (bald guy with lots of tattoos names slips my mind, but they were fighting to the "death")

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 01:30 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Then apparently Logan just can't cut through Colossus then. I mean, if strength isn't the issue, there's now no excuse for him not being able to cut Piotr except for the fact that he just can't.

So either the strength-negation theory is off or something else is.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 03:04 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I actually want a Captain Comet sig, but I'm to lazy to ask someone to make it. He will probally be the next respect thread I make...or Sentry (remastered), or even Wendigo
You should ask Rewmac, he's my favorite comic sig maker. wink

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 03:53 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

IMO:

Classic Puck wins some, stalemates many, and loses some...

UPGRADED Puck wins 10/10

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 06:10 PM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Then apparently Logan just can't cut through Colossus then. I mean, if strength isn't the issue, there's now no excuse for him not being able to cut Piotr except for the fact that he just can't.

So either the strength-negation theory is off or something else is.

or may be the author got it wrong? Really I can't wait till they have colossus and wolverine fight again and we see what really happens.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 08:40 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

How the hell did this, turn into a Wolverine thread !

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 10:50 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Both are very agile, but I think Puck might get a victory.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 10:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shksprtx
Cosmic Redneck

Originally posted by Faceman
How the hell did this, turn into a Wolverine thread !

Invasion of the Fanboys...

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 11:51 PM
shksprtx is currently offline Click here to Send shksprtx a Private Message Find more posts by shksprtx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

no I was just curious. I rather not make a thread about something when there be no need.

My whole premis was what if beat had adamatium claws.....

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 12:16 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

or may be the author got it wrong? Really I can't wait till they have colossus and wolverine fight again and we see what really happens.

Under different circumstances, I might be inclined to agree with you. However, Wolvie's claws have a CLEAR losing record against Colossus' organic steel.

So what's the verdict here? Is Wolverine just not strong enough to cut through him? Or can he just not cut through him?

Personally, I believe Wolverine just plain isn't strong enough. It's not an insult to say it either, he just lacks the strength necessary to perform the task.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 12:23 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Under different circumstances, I might be inclined to agree with you. However, Wolvie's claws have a CLEAR losing record against Colossus' organic steel.

So what's the verdict here? Is Wolverine just not strong enough to cut through him? Or can he just not cut through him?

Personally, I believe Wolverine just plain isn't strong enough. It's not an insult to say it either, he just lacks the strength necessary to perform the task.

Clearly losing record? he tried once. It was an angle slash..... Colossus him self worries about wolverines claws......

We will see what happens if they fight again.......

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 12:26 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Clearly losing record? he tried once. It was an angle slash..... Colossus him self worries about wolverines claws......

We will see what happens if they fight again.......

Hypothetically, capt, what if when Wolverine tries to cut him again, nothing happens?

I'm merely asking this because you seem to be under the impression that their next encounter (if they ever have one) will be a definite win for Wolverine. I mean, if you can see the future, that's pretty sweet and all. Just don't hog it all for yourself.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 12:44 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Hypothetically, capt, what if when Wolverine tries to cut him again, nothing happens?

I'm merely asking this because you seem to be under the impression that their next encounter (if they ever have one) will be a definite win for Wolverine. I mean, if you can see the future, that's pretty sweet and all. Just don't hog it all for yourself.

no I am saying that the next encounter will deside if he can or can't. The evidence we have is limited thus far.

I for one think in there next encounter wolverine will cut colosus.....but we will have to wait and see.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2007 12:46 AM