KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)

Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
sounds like you've been poking around ...

I prefer Wonder Woman smile

laughing

Nah shes too uptight.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:50 AM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

sigh... she makes me wonder smile

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:51 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)

1. Dating.
who's the smoother with women confused

2. Making money.
test their inventiveness, financial acumen, industriousness, psychological strength, marketing/mass psychology skills and organisational and administrative skills.

3. Cult Leadership.
gotta make the people LOVE you, Worship you and follow you into oblivion...

4. Throw down.
hand to hand combat... no rules 'cept for 1) no outside intervention 2) no weapons save for what you normally carry 3) no magic!

5. Raising Hell.
umm, well, gotta father a future world conqueror... who'd be the one to breed the baddest future despot?

oh and just generally, who's the smarter of the two?

(please log in to view the image)

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 03:25 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Re: Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)

Originally posted by guy222

Doom=Reed. He is Dr. Doom

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 03:26 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Number 1: Somes give it to Doom, but hey! Have you seen the chixx with who Reed is? Susan Storm 4 the win.

Number 2: Reed can be financed by Tony Stark. Doom his the head of a country. Doom win.

Number 3: The only dudes who like Doom are his fellow in Latveria. Reed is a pop star in USA. Reed win, via more people in New-York that in Latveria.

Number 4: Reed is ****ed. I mean... by all the holes. Doom wins.

Number 5: If the contest must stay between te two, Doom hands down. Richard would never have the guts to conquer the world.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 12:20 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qqqqqqq

Re: Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)

1. Dating.
who's the smoother with women confused

2. Making money.
test their inventiveness, financial acumen, industriousness, psychological strength, marketing/mass psychology skills and organisational and administrative skills.

3. Cult Leadership.
gotta make the people LOVE you, Worship you and follow you into oblivion...

4. Throw down.
hand to hand combat... no rules 'cept for 1) no outside intervention 2) no weapons save for what you normally carry 3) no magic!

5. Raising Hell.
umm, well, gotta father a future world conqueror... who'd be the one to breed the baddest future despot?

oh and just generally, who's the smarter of the two?
reed takes 1, who will like a guy with a metal face?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:22 PM
qqqqqqq is currently offline Click here to Send qqqqqqq a Private Message Find more posts by qqqqqqq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Re: Re: Dr. Doom v Reed Richards (life skills challenge)

Originally posted by qqqqqqq
reed takes 1, who will like a guy with a metal face?

Enchantress, you know the Asgardian God of seduction, you would be suprised how a vast personal fortune and political power, make you very attractive to the opposite sex no matter what you look like.

Besides, how many times has Sue walked out on Reed now? Reed is no Don Juan...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 04:41 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reed is a Dink when it comes down to this, Doom is the stud here.

Sig done by me.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 06:42 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Damm this thread makes reed look bad.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 06:48 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
endrict
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the smarts in the world and he needs a marriage counselor confused

Sig done by me.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 07:10 PM
endrict is currently offline Click here to Send endrict a Private Message Find more posts by endrict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Priest
Damm this thread makes reed look bad.

wasn't my intention, trust! confused

what I don't understand is that Reed Richards is supposed to be smarter than Dr. Doom, isn't he?
in the movie (and in the comics, I think) he's the one who corrects Doom's errors... Doom's more arrogance and ego than actual intellectual ability. or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

seems everybody, more or less, sees Reed as being second fiddle (or at best equal) to Doom confused

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:10 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

wasn't my intention, trust! confused

what I don't understand is that Reed Richards is supposed to be smarter than Dr. Doom, isn't he?
in the movie (and in the comics, I think) he's the one who corrects Doom's errors... Doom's more arrogance and ego than actual intellectual ability. or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

seems everybody, more or less, sees Reed as being second fiddle (or at best equal) to Doom confused

You did say life skills though, Reed is smarter than Doom, thats part of why he gets under Doom's skin so much.

But Reed gets so involved in his work and what he does, he isn't the most socialy adjusted person now is he?

Doom runs a country, he has to be a diplomat as well as an evil genius, he can turn on the charm when he needs to and he is much more manipulative than Reed could ever be.

Reed, couldn't even see the signs of his marriage falling apart he was so consumed in what he was doing.

IQ = Reed>>Doom, Life Experience = Doom>>Reed.

Thats really what people are saying. wink

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:23 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

yeah but IQ is not the same thing as smarts. it's a narrow definition of a set of skills, that can be mapped and gauged easily.

Tolstoy was a genius, but bet he'd have been crap at looking at peas for insights into genetics/heredity...

I think comic book "genius" is too restrictive and frankly it's a weaker form of "intellect" that they venerate. strategic thinking - Doom/Thanos style - always comes out on top. even Batman's got the "playboy billionaire" cover for strategic purposes, why can't Reed think more longterm?

then again, as I said, Doom seems to be more arrogance and gob than performance no expression

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:28 PM
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

yeah but IQ is not the same thing as smarts. it's a narrow definition of a set of skills, that can be mapped and gauged easily.

Tolstoy was a genius, but bet he'd have been crap at looking at peas for insights into genetics/heredity...

I think comic book "genius" is too restrictive and frankly it's a weaker form of "intellect" that they venerate. strategic thinking - Doom/Thanos style - always comes out on top. even Batman's got the "playboy billionaire" cover for strategic purposes, why can't Reed think more longterm?

then again, as I said, Doom seems to be more arrogance and gob than performance no expression

So to sum up your post Reed is a nerd wink

Seriously your right, Reed is a white coat scientist type, hes still a pretty good combat leader though but his first love is science and always will be.

Doom is more arrogance and gob than performance but in life the people who get to the top, are arrogant and loud and not nearly as capable as they think they are.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:32 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

bah, I was just seriously disappointed with how they made Doom look in the movie sad
... just working through those issues ...

I was expecting some seriously Machiavellian supervillian with a universal vision for conquest and power. what we got was a bozo who couldn't even understand that he'd got seriously awesome superpowers and instead had to go on a rampage against a nerd no expression

what disappoints most in terms of Reed Richards vs Doom, is that Doom's long streak of losses don't seem to teach him to be a little more humble and focussed...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 08:40 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by guy222

You have a bigger picture ?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 09:02 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote