KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respek The All-Father Odin

Respek The All-Father Odin
Started by: Ethereal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Another mention of Odin being omnipotent:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e.../Thor139-16.jpg

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 19th, 2009 07:38 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 11:39 AM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

any odin vs zeus scans?

I have returned

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 02:38 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

bump

I have returned

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 01:10 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Purdiest li'l thing

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 04:00 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 04:41 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 04:45 PM
One Big Mob
All will be revealed

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jun 15th, 2013 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2013 02:11 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Odin defeats the armies of the Queen of Angels and banishes the Tenth Realm itself, ripping it from the World Tree and erasing all memory of it:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

"The Odin-Force rose in my husband then, bursting forth with his rage and pain, burning the enemy with the fire of molten Stars."

And as we know, each of the Nine Realms (Ten now) are all Universes in of themselves. Also confirmed in this issue:
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 9th, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2014 10:29 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

And as we know, each of the Nine Realms (Ten now) are all Universes in of themselves. Also confirmed in this issue:

Hey there Rage. Isn't that scan referring to one realm?

If that's "Asgard Space" aka the "Sea of Space" ... then it's always been a standalone universe. (pocket prior)

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 02:24 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Originally posted by Mr Master
Hey there Rage. Isn't that scan referring to one realm?

If that's "Asgard Space" aka the "Sea of Space" ... then it's always been a standalone universe. (pocket prior)

Yup. I believe it's the forgotten tenth realm that the Angels are from.

Which is why I posted it in the respect thread as Odin apparently rips out a realm (The equivalent of a Universe) from the World Tree (The Cosmic Axis) itself and banishes it.

And each of the Nine Worlds are separate Universes. It was touched upon the past but concretely established in Matt Fraction's run when he better defined the World Tree and clarified that Asgardian worlds/dimensions = fully formed Universes:

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jul 14th, 2014 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 08:47 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Yup. I believe it's the forgotten tenth realm that the Angels are from.

Which is why I posted it in the respect thread as Odin apparently rips out a realm (The equivalent of a Universe) from the World Tree (The Cosmic Axis) itself and banishes it.

And each of the Nine Worlds are separate Universes. It was touched upon the past but concretely established in Matt Fraction's run when he better defined the World Tree and clarified that Asgardian worlds/dimensions = fully formed Universes:

thumb up ... That's a new understanding and it reads beautifully. They used to be "pockets."
Although some crazy-ness is taking place there, very interesting stuff,
they're subject matter is right up my alley as you must know.

What exact issues/arc should I be looking for Rage?

Last edited by Mr Master on Jul 14th, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2014 10:17 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up ... That's a new understanding and it reads beautifully. They used to be "pockets."
Although some crazy-ness is taking place there, very interesting stuff,
they're subject matter is right up my alley as you must know.

What exact issues/arc should I be looking for Rage?

That's from Matt Fraction's first arc on Thor. It starts in Thor #615 and ends in Thor #621.

It also does some other things like introduce the World Seed. It might also be the first time Odin himself predated the beginning of creation.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2014 03:02 AM
HulkIsHulk

Tales of Asgard:
Thor definitely inherited at least some of his strength from his father:

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 13th, 2014 05:57 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASGARDIANBRONY

anybody have canon scans of Odin creating the nine realms?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 08:21 PM
ASGARDIANBRONY is currently offline Click here to Send ASGARDIANBRONY a Private Message Find more posts by ASGARDIANBRONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Creating them? He didnt.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 05:34 PM
ShadowFyre is online now! Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
Fundamental Physicist

The closest thing we have to a creation story for Asgard comes from Tales of Asgard that started in Journey Into Mystery #97.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

My visit with Vorador only strengthened my resolve. His power uncontested by mortals, he had fallen to another enemy. Decadence has claimed itself many a great warrior.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2016 06:06 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote