KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Tyson vs Ali

Tyson vs Ali
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Tyson Wins 6 28.57%
Ali Wins 15 71.43%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tyson vs Ali
Started by: Thundar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

quote: (post)
Originally posted by teampac08
Yeah the heavyweight division is garbage. The better fighters are found at the lower divisions. To me the best one has got to be the junior lightweight division. You got Pacquiao, Barrera, Marquez, Morales, Soto, Guzman, and Valero. Now that's a lot of talent in one division.

yeah true...alot of talent around between light welterweight and light middleweight as well

De la Hoya
Hatton
Tszyu
Mayweather Jnr
Cotto
Spinks

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 09:45 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teampac08
Love and War

Originally posted by jaden101
yeah true...alot of talent around between light welterweight and light middleweight as well

De la Hoya
Hatton
Tszyu
Mayweather Jnr
Cotto
Spinks

By the way, who are you goin for in the Mayweather vs Oscar fight?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 10:21 PM
teampac08 is currently offline Click here to Send teampac08 a Private Message Find more posts by teampac08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

By the way, who are you goin for in the Mayweather vs Oscar fight?

given thier records i'd have to go with mayweather...De la Hoya was once great but he's been faultering these last couple of years...beat from hopkins...beat from mosely...twice if you go back to 2000....

recently De la hoya lost to baldomir...mayweather beat baldomir....

i think the 4 years age gap will tell...

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 11:36 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoner420
Smoke The Reefer

ya...but you all should look at the Jones Jr vs Ali Thread that i made!smile

3 Things I need Beer,Weed & women

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 12:41 AM
Stoner420 is currently offline Click here to Send Stoner420 a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teampac08
Love and War

Originally posted by jaden101
given thier records i'd have to go with mayweather...De la Hoya was once great but he's been faultering these last couple of years...beat from hopkins...beat from mosely...twice if you go back to 2000....

recently De la hoya lost to baldomir...mayweather beat baldomir....

i think the 4 years age gap will tell...

De la hoya never fought Baldomir, and while I lean towards the thought of Mayweather winning it'll be closer than what most people think. De la hoya has size and power, not to mention he's doing everything he can to train for this fight. De la hoya took in one of the best trainers today in Freddie Roach, and has Mosley as his sparring partner. If there's anyone who can mimic Mayweather's speed in the ring it's Mosley. What De la hoya has to do is cut the ring and constantly pressure Mayweather. If he does this throughout the fight, he might land a big punch or combination that will put Mayweather's chin to the test.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 05:45 AM
teampac08 is currently offline Click here to Send teampac08 a Private Message Find more posts by teampac08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
It's Fat Albert

De la hoya never fought Baldomir, and while I lean towards the thought of Mayweather winning it'll be closer than what most people think. De la hoya has size and power, not to mention he's doing everything he can to train for this fight. De la hoya took in one of the best trainers today in Freddie Roach, and has Mosley as his sparring partner. If there's anyone who can mimic Mayweather's speed in the ring it's Mosley. What De la hoya has to do is cut the ring and constantly pressure Mayweather. If he does this throughout the fight, he might land a big punch or combination that will put Mayweather's chin to the test.

bugger...i must've read boxrec wrong...

one thing...it'll be an ace fight...i've only caught 1 or 2 fight from each in the past cause UK tv in the last few years has only focused on a handful of UK fighters...calzaghe, A harrison, S harrison, hatton and kahn.

so few fights with no UK fighters get shown except on some obscure cable tv channel at 4 in the morning.

will be a great fight...De la Hoya...training hard as you say, may have a chance to redeem himself...hopefully it will be a great fight but the problem when 2 great fighter face off...they tend to be quite guarded...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 11:27 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I think a lot of people have forgotten what Tyson looked in his prime. People equate Tyson to what he was as of late: A one-punch gambler with very low stamina.

But Tyson in his prime was a completely different animal. He used lightning fast combos (not just single power punches) had incredible defense (one of the best in heavyweight boxing) and was able to continue through later rounds and still score knockout victories.

Ali could probably get a win by outsmarting Tyson, but Ali would be really pushed to his limits to eke out a win. Prime tyson wins 7/10 over prime Ali.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2013 07:47 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote