KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect KMC Comic Tournaments

Respect KMC Comic Tournaments
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I then went on to face the multi winning tournament champion: Scoobless. Now to understand how I won, let me explain. For the other few matches I was running extremely low on scans. I had maybe two or three courtesy of xmarksthespot and King Mungi. I then found a treasure trove of scans in Leonidas. So I was tactically being given help by Kahn and Illadelph, and being given scans by Leo, Mungi and X. I then went on bravely to face the tournament king, and came out on top. I had won

-I had no idea who Crystal was until Xmarks told me, "Just pick her!"

I knew you couldn't have beaten me by yourself .... roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

I am [b]very glad I got the partner I got in DarkCrawler. What I brought in creative ideas, he matched with mathematical numbers and scans. I was the abstract to his logic, the yin to his yang.

Been living in China the last couple of years ... Yin is female, Yang is male.

stick out tongue

-I got to beat Scoobs...again stick out tongue

Partially due to:

-Illadelph helped us out, all the while complaining that he should have won the last tournament we were in (in the match against me he lost) laughing out loud

So you still couldn't do it alone ... laughing out loud

Also, Ill was right, he pwned you in that tourney!!!!!!111!!!

Scoob out!

cool

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Digi on Oct 19th, 2011 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2011 04:37 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

You messed those up Scoob. Those are Blair quotes, but it says they're from me.

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 12:08 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi

stick out tongue

laughing out loud

silly scoob. i didn't think that was you digi....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 02:11 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

stick out tongue

I know they are BW quotes, guess I forgot to change the name cos they were in your post.... gimme a break, I'm a little out of practice.

Can you edit?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 03:55 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Fixed.

Making some additions to this thread soon.

Also, you two, I assume you can be judges in my tourney. It starts probably late Nov. or early Dec. I'll put you down. Thanks.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 04:23 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Fixed.

Making some additions to this thread soon.

Also, you two, I assume you can be judges in my tourney. It starts probably late Nov. or early Dec. I'll put you down. Thanks.

Late Nov/early Dec is when my first kid is due ... might be a little preoccupied.

eek!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 04:37 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

You knocked a girl up? Poor thing.

Is she at least one of your souvenirs from China?

In any case, congrats.

And don't think you're not still on my judge list.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 05:17 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Scoob is pregnant? Do they even let you get pregnant in China?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 07:58 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

He lives in Scotland. He was just, I dunno, hiding from the law in China or something.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 01:27 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

He lives in Scotland. He was just, I dunno, hiding from the law in China or something.

Actually, I've been living in China for 2 years and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future (prob at least 10 more years)

And yes, she is one of my "souvenirs".

cool

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 02:32 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

lol, nice. Anyway, congrats.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 03:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Scoobless
Late Nov/early Dec is when my first kid is due ... might be a little preoccupied.

eek!

Congrats man.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 03:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Scoobless

eek!

naming him scrappy i assume....? congrats bro. smile

Old Post Oct 19th, 2011 10:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I've been thinking that with the issues we've had with time constraints, finding judges, etc. for tourneys the last few go rounds we should adopt a more free form kind of battle organization. Kind of like a 'battle commission'. We'd organize a draft, track standings, trade transactions, etc. over a set span of time (say, 4 month windows) and at the end of that period whoever the top 4 fighters were would face each other in a playoff (1st vs. 4th seed, and 2nd vs 3rd seed, winners facing off in championship, losers in a bronze medal match).

The catch is that the participants themselves would choose their opponents, like a boxer/fighter/promoter contracting bouts, and the top 4 would be decided on win percentage, number of matches, number of judge votes, and a 'win streak' multiplier which would be tracked in a point system. This way people can have matches on their own time table within the 'season', but also have an incentive to have more matches when they can and be working towards an objective.

In the draft for the following period the participants with the lowest point totals would get higher draft positioning in rounds 1-3 for parity.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 03:27 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Oh, and congrats Scoobs.

>Z<

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 03:27 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by MF DELPH
I've been thinking that with the issues we've had with time constraints, finding judges, etc. for tourneys the last few go rounds we should adopt a more free form kind of battle organization. Kind of like a 'battle commission'. We'd organize a draft, track standings, trade transactions, etc. over a set span of time (say, 4 month windows) and at the end of that period whoever the top 4 fighters were would face each other in a playoff (1st vs. 4th seed, and 2nd vs 3rd seed, winners facing off in championship, losers in a bronze medal match).

The catch is that the participants themselves would choose their opponents, like a boxer/fighter/promoter contracting bouts, and the top 4 would be decided on win percentage, number of matches, number of judge votes, and a 'win streak' multiplier which would be tracked in a point system. This way people can have matches on their own time table within the 'season', but also have an incentive to have more matches when they can and be working towards an objective.

In the draft for the following period the participants with the lowest point totals would get higher draft positioning in rounds 1-3 for parity.

Not unlike the "series of Battlezones over a period of time" I've gone into a few times but never followed through on. In that one, even the power levels and stips would have changed from match to match.

I like it in principle, it's not a bad idea. Execution is tricky though. How do we recognize these as official as opposed to unofficial? Can people just jump in? Do we have something akin to belts? Are there sanctioning bodies (i.e. probably me or some group)? The appeal, and its strength, is that it could take place over time. The downside is, much like the boxing world you're modeling it after, it would be a bit of a cluster**** long-term. I'm putting it in boxing terms now in my mind because that's what I know, and it's funny to think of, say, a "linear champion" and vacating titles and promoters and stuff.

I'm going to give this upcoming tourney a legit go with strict deadlines, frequent reminders and updates, and a large judge list. If it doesn't end well, we can probably declare traditional tourneys nearly dead. We haven't managed a complete one this entire year. At that point I'd be very open to this kind of idea, and happy to nudge KMC tourneys in that direction. I actually didn't petition for a tourney forum, but I'd like to see it stay active enough to avoid "deserves to be deleted" status next time Raz pops into town.

...btw, I don't mean to make it seem like I'm deciding yea or nay on the idea. I hope something like it gets tried at some point, regardless of how this upcoming tourney shakes out.

Last edited by Digi on Oct 20th, 2011 at 03:59 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 03:50 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Well, there would be one central 'governing body of rules, fight stips, etc., set in stone. Competitors would be responsible for booking their own fights and sticking to their fight schedule, and would be penalized for failing to do so (point deductions from their overall total which would effect rankings). People that are in the organization will sign up and draft their rosters through sanctioned drafts and free agency (using the system I implemented in my league). We'd need a Commissioner(s), board of directors, pool of judges, and then basically when members of the organization schedule a match the governing body would be responsible for officiating the match and keeping track of the stats, but the combatants themselves would be responsible for booking matches on their own time table. We'd need to maintain a thread that keeps track of the upcoming fight cards as well as the standings on a week to week basis (I already did that for my league, so I know it can work in practice). At the end of the 4 month period the commission posts the final standings at that point and determines who the top 4 combatants were for that period of time (based on the point system) that will face off in the seasonal playoff.

As for whether people can just jump in, yes, after the initial sign up and draft more people can join the ranks and draft from the remaining characters (rosters would be tracked). Joining late would afford you less time for matches, however, as the 4 month window won't be extended. They'd have to try to get as many matches in as possible for that segment of time to try to climb the ranks and be a top 4 contender. This would also allow people to fight each other multiple times if they wished (best of 3 bouts, etc).

>Z<

Old Post Oct 20th, 2011 04:54 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

i was thinking about a tourney where competitors could choose to draft a single herald level character (low-high) or three, under herald characters instead.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2011 07:28 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

And I still say, that our attempt to incapacitate any n all telepaths via causing a massive disruption in the astral plane was pure genius.

And then I realized that thinking too much out of the box, can be a real hit n miss.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 04:13 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by "Id"
And then I realized that thinking too much out of the box, can be a real hit n miss.

thumb up

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 12th, 2011 06:59 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote