KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect KMC Comic Tournaments

Respect KMC Comic Tournaments
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Gender: Male
Location: The Scoob Cave

Why not a non Vs tourney? More of a team, scenario based, tourney with a points system?

select a team of maybe five characters, the host will have a series of tasks to accomplish:

- save the girl, defeat an enemy, survive against an invasion, inifiltrate the pentagon, defeat hostage takers with no loss of life, whatever...

limit of one submission post per scenario, all sent to the host, all posted by host at same time, to deter copying of ideas.

The points will be awarded depending on judges votes on plausability, style, time taken, collateral damage, damage taken by team, whatever.

first - ten points
second - eight
third - seven
etc, etc...depending on number of entrants.

Have five to ten rounds of varied tasks, winner is the poster with the highest score at the end.

Standard gear, limited prep [planning only, no tech creation or obscure object collection], characters assumed to play nice with each other

Late submissions can cause point deductions or round by round DQs to keep things moving in a timely fashion.


Just of the top of my head. I would be interested in something like this, but don't have time to host. At one post per round/task I may be able to compete.

_______________________


Makes a change from straight up "my guy can kill your guy" tourneys [that seem to be losing interest anyway]


What do you guys think?


__________________


Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jan 4th, 2012 at 04:32 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2012 04:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Gender: Male
Location: Konpei Island

I like it


__________________

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 11:08 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Gender: Male
Location:

I know a few people have been tossing ideas around like that.

I'd really, really like to see it in action.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2012 11:43 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Purdiest li'l thing

Gender: Male
Location: Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
Why not a non Vs tourney? More of a team, scenario based, tourney with a points system?

select a team of maybe five characters, the host will have a series of tasks to accomplish:

- save the girl, defeat an enemy, survive against an invasion, inifiltrate the pentagon, defeat hostage takers with no loss of life, whatever...

limit of one submission post per scenario, all sent to the host, all posted by host at same time, to deter copying of ideas.

The points will be awarded depending on judges votes on plausability, style, time taken, collateral damage, damage taken by team, whatever.

first - ten points
second - eight
third - seven
etc, etc...depending on number of entrants.

Have five to ten rounds of varied tasks, winner is the poster with the highest score at the end.

Standard gear, limited prep [planning only, no tech creation or obscure object collection], characters assumed to play nice with each other

Late submissions can cause point deductions or round by round DQs to keep things moving in a timely fashion.


Just of the top of my head. I would be interested in something like this, but don't have time to host. At one post per round/task I may be able to compete.

_______________________


Makes a change from straight up "my guy can kill your guy" tourneys [that seem to be losing interest anyway]


What do you guys think?


The idea is sound. But you'd never get enough people to participate in it. We have yet to fill most of the KMC belts and no one seems to want any of smurph on these belt matches. Maybe I should ban smurph from these belt matches ? stick out tongue


__________________

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 12:28 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: Stark Tower

Digi, Ambient/Roldz deserves some respect based on the art he did for one of the tournaments.

I mean, look at this Iron Man/Spot combo he drew for me:

(please log in to view the image)


__________________



>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 10th, 2013 08:17 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Moderator

I remember those he did for everyone and they were all awesome!


__________________

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 10th, 2013 09:42 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Moderator

I remember those, and you're right, he deserves mad props.

I'm going to have to figure this out, because this thread now exists in a forum where I can't edit threads freely.

erm

Either way, I'll get it added. If you can find others, I'll add them too.


__________________

Old Post May 10th, 2013 11:37 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: Stark Tower

The rest of them are all in his art thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f68/t481323.html


__________________



>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 11th, 2013 01:13 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Moderator

Of course the one for my guy would be gone sad


__________________

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 11th, 2013 02:12 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: Stark Tower

laughing Probably ashamed of his work since it was such a bad combo stick out tongue

(on review, I don't know why I got Shaw as my third. Should have went with someone else)


__________________



>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 11th, 2013 03:39 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Moderator

As I recall, the limits for the "body" pick were fairly restrictive. Ya'll were just looking for the most reliable bricks at that level. And there's only so many.

Also, Black Knight is pimp. The Ebony Blade is f-ing legit. Meh on the rest of Newjak's amalgam though. wink


__________________

Old Post May 11th, 2013 04:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
As I recall, the limits for the "body" pick were fairly restrictive. Ya'll were just looking for the most reliable bricks at that level. And there's only so many.

Also, Black Knight is pimp. The Ebony Blade is f-ing legit. Meh on the rest of Newjak's amalgam though. wink
The Ebony Blade was pretty awesome smile

At one point I wanted to do a Black Knight respect thread but I lost all the scans for him.

And yeah if I had my choice of remaking that amaglam and strategy I would have have wanted to pick a super speedster with really good reaction times.

It also never made much sense to me that Robot Body could have all their powers turned back on. Seemed like kind of a loophole. I mean technically should someone be able to draft a mutant and if they can activate their X-Gene through genetic would that allow them to gain their powers as well?


__________________

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 11th, 2013 09:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
The Ebony Blade was pretty awesome smile

At one point I wanted to do a Black Knight respect thread but I lost all the scans for him.

And yeah if I had my choice of remaking that amaglam and strategy I would have have wanted to pick a super speedster with really good reaction times.

It also never made much sense to me that Robot Body could have all their powers turned back on. Seemed like kind of a loophole. I mean technically should someone be able to draft a mutant and if they can activate their X-Gene through genetic would that allow them to gain their powers as well?


You referring to leo with turning on DHII? I don't remember that tourney super-well. I didn't host or participate...hell, I don't think I even judged that one much. But I thought the right person ended up winning that particular tourney (with no offense to Blair...who I thought was probably the only amalgam that could have potentially beaten Scoob).

At one time I could've helped with a BK thread. I had some of my own scans from an aborted tourney plan. Alas, none still saved.


__________________

Old Post May 12th, 2013 06:12 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Moderator

I just remembered a moment on Delph's board from that tourney we had there. My team had - among others - Iron Spidey, and we were facing Blair and Darkcrawler. DC challenged me on something Spidey-related - it was a specific use of spider-sense - and I decided to jump into it with him. It was me ignoring strategy to just go at it on Spidey with someone who knew him as well - or probably better, actually - than I did. It was amazingly fun, and probably not productive to my team. But it stuck out to me, because I can't fathom two people having more comprehensive knowledge about Pete, so the poetry of that debate was pretty cool to me.

You pick who you know, so there's some fanboy tendencies in any tourney. But picking Spidey (twice) is probably the only character where I let rationality give way to a fan crush. Others - like Minion, for example - were much more strategy-driven. Except delph's massive round robin tourney where we could redraft each round. I went nuts with fan crushes there, knowing it wouldn't hurt me long-term when I redrafted for the playoffs. Optimus Prime was a personal favorite of mine in that one.

...

Anyway, did I ever add those pics? I don't think I did. I will sometime soon.


__________________

Old Post Feb 7th, 2014 04:20 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I just remembered a moment on Delph's board from that tourney we had there. My team had - among others - Iron Spidey, and we were facing Blair and Darkcrawler. DC challenged me on something Spidey-related - it was a specific use of spider-sense - and I decided to jump into it with him. It was me ignoring strategy to just go at it on Spidey with someone who knew him as well - or probably better, actually - than I did. It was amazingly fun, and probably not productive to my team. But it stuck out to me, because I can't fathom two people having more comprehensive knowledge about Pete, so the poetry of that debate was pretty cool to me.

You pick who you know, so there's some fanboy tendencies in any tourney. But picking Spidey (twice) is probably the only character where I let rationality give way to a fan crush. Others - like Minion, for example - were much more strategy-driven. Except delph's massive round robin tourney where we could redraft each round. I went nuts with fan crushes there, knowing it wouldn't hurt me long-term when I redrafted for the playoffs. Optimus Prime was a personal favorite of mine in that one.

...

Anyway, did I ever add those pics? I don't think I did. I will sometime soon.
Way to not be a team player Digi mad

But yeah generally speaking you shouldn't let the fanboy crush dictate how you debate.

But having intimate knowledge of someone is also helpful. It needs to be a healthy balance.


__________________

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 7th, 2014 04:53 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
Way to not be a team player Digi mad

But yeah generally speaking you shouldn't let the fanboy crush dictate how you debate.

But having intimate knowledge of someone is also helpful. It needs to be a healthy balance.


Indeed. But that match is probably the only time I went completely off script, so to speak. I was usually pretty good about staying objective in my approach. And hell, the 2nd time I had Pete, it was my lone tourney win. So it's not like I sacrificed strategy. As solo picks go, he's as good as anyone at low meta, and better than most. He was made nigh-useless in our matches in Delph's tourney, but that's because the prep, locations, and stuff was allowed made the other nonsense way more important (like Gideon copying GL rings and infinite-mass boulders and other such ridiculousness).


__________________

Last edited by Digi on Feb 7th, 2014 at 09:13 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2014 09:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Moderator

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Indeed. But that match is probably the only time I went completely off script, so to speak. I was usually pretty good about staying objective in my approach. And hell, the 2nd time I had Pete, it was my lone tourney win. So it's not like I sacrificed strategy. As solo picks go, he's as good as anyone at low meta, and better than most. He was made nigh-useless in our matches in Delph's tourney, but that's because the prep, locations, and stuff was allowed made the other nonsense way more important (like Gideon copying GL rings and infinite-mass boulders and other such ridiculousness).
That's how a lot of prep tournaments go. You can have one of the most powerful characters allowed but if they don't stack into some Galactic busting combo you're screwed.


__________________

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 7th, 2014 09:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Moderator

I updated a LOT of stuff on page 1 of this thread today. Including...

- New formatting to the OP. Minor formatting to all posts.

- Updated list of entrants and winners.

- Updated the tourney list to include curryman's tourney that Id won.

- Included Blair's "one power" tourney under a new heading: Mini Tourneys. Things like the currently-ongoing Secret Wars and Very Public Wars will also be added under this heading, should they finish.

- I included brief sections for the championship belts that we've used in recent history, and also Blair's writer's tournament, which didn't finish but was unique and cool.

- Lots was streamlined to make it easier to find links and such.


__________________

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 02:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Gender: Male
Location: The Scoob Cave

Writer's tourney? Never heard of that before....


__________________


Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 01:42 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: Stark Tower

Because you were retired for like 2 years, old man.


__________________



>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 06:15 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 02:24 AM.
Pages (16): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect KMC Comic Tournaments

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.