KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect KMC Comic Tournaments

Respect KMC Comic Tournaments
Started by: Digi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Last edited by Digi on Mar 4th, 2008 at 04:36 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 01:43 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye

smile

Forever Young...

Last edited by Digi on Mar 4th, 2008 at 04:37 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:07 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Originally posted by DigiMark007
So.

3 tourneys. And if I'm not mistaken, a new tourney winner has to be crowned in Evangel's most recent tourney (despite plenty of tourney vets).

I feel....good...right now about all the tourney-ness going on. I generally don't like too many of them, but it's a good sign for KMC. And I feel like the forum should take a considerable break (i.e. months) after the current batch, only because you'll start losing a lot of support and interest from the "regulars" and the lull between tourneys generally makes them mroe exciting and worthwhile. But for the moment, it appears to be working.

I agree, despite all the tournaments going on, it does feel merry around KMC versus forums.

Forever Young...

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 03:18 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Well Digi, you might get around to adding Evangel's soon. And maybe a bit on Illadelph's.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:22 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

We'll see. I actually have preliminary stuff up for them (participant list, etc.) that I made probably a couple months ago.

At the moment my non-modding/posting time for KMC is spent finalizing the Authority respect thread reboot, so once that is finished we'll see.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 02:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Your Authority thread's done, dammit.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 06:15 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Eel O'Brian
Your Authority thread's done, dammit.

...wanted to wait until the current wave is complete, including the last 2-3. As soon as you and leo finish up I'll start putting some specs in.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 07:19 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

This probably needs a bump now.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 05:54 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Three tournaments have passed, and this thread thread remains un-updated.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 05:57 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Yeah ... but I wasn't in those tourneys, so they don't count.

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 06:02 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by King Kandy
Three tournaments have passed, and this thread thread remains un-updated.

Check page one, b*tch. All but the tourney that just ended have been updated for a while.

no expression

stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 06:16 PM
King Kandy

Now all we need is winner comments.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 06:19 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by King Kandy
Now all we need is winner comments.

Wrong. Now all we need is a little energon ... and a lot of luck.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 06:41 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Scoobless
Wrong. Now all we need is a little energon ... and a lot of luck.
More than you can imagine Optimus Prime big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jul 19th, 2008 07:13 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll complete the updates in a day or two.

And to Smurph: I know what it's like to lose on the last vote of a tourney. Nice job. You took it like a gentlemen.

Having worked with leo, I can vouch for how impressive his tourney preparation is, and his debating is obviously up to snuff as well. 'grats, bud. You earned it.

Now if the multi-tourney winners could all just retire, or at least host a tourney because they know how it's done, we'd be set.

Along those lines, I'm making a rough guide for tourney directors soon. It will likely be posted here, as well as 1-2 other places. Things to expect, pitfalls of the past to learn from, what is expected of a director, general guidelines, stuff like that. Individual rules vary from tourney to tourney, but a lot can be done to standardize the approach that will streamline the process.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 02:55 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
And to Smurph: I know what it's like to lose on the last vote of a tourney. Nice job. You took it like a gentlemen.

It's almost as bad making the vote as being the one who loses from it.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 03:47 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Guide for tourney directors is up. It's the final post of page 1. Feel free to browse....participants as well as hosts can benefit from it. Suggestions are welcome for adding to them. Send them to me via PM.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 10:30 PM
MF DELPH
KMC's Alpha Black Dude

Hmm...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 05:28 PM
MF DELPH is currently offline Click here to Send MF DELPH a Private Message Find more posts by MF DELPH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Scoobless was kind enough to write up champion comments for each of his wins. To date, only he and Blair have taken the opportunity to add to their tourneys. 'course, that's 6 of the 12 tourneys (and 1 never finished, so really 6 of 11 winners), so it's still a majority.

Everything is updated now except for leo's most recent winning team, which will then be added to the character list near the top. I couldn't remember all of them, so I'm waiting for his PM reply. Otherwise, all winner-lists and comments and such are fully updated.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 06:33 PM
Smurph
------

Single Pick1- Forge
Amalgam1- Sersi/Ult. Reed
Amalagam2- Savitar/Vulcan
Single Pick2- Light Ray (originally Wiz Kid, he swapped out for Blair's character for the last match)
Single Pick3- Black Box
Amalgam Pick3- Rachel Summers/Cerebro Prime

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 06:39 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote