KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime
Started by: no_limits

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pre Crisis Ya
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
The JLA respect thread has nothing to do with my own personal likes and dislikes where this upcoming series is concerned.

Youre a bit wet aren't you ?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 04:56 PM
Pre Crisis Ya is currently offline Click here to Send Pre Crisis Ya a Private Message Find more posts by Pre Crisis Ya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

Originally posted by Pre Crisis Ya
Youre a bit wet aren't you ?
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Does that question have anything to do with this thread, or was it member bashing?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 04:59 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pre Crisis Ya
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Does that question have anything to do with this thread, or was it member bashing?

I don't understand how anyone doesn't like Morissons One million arc. smile

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 05:02 PM
Pre Crisis Ya is currently offline Click here to Send Pre Crisis Ya a Private Message Find more posts by Pre Crisis Ya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

Who said that?

I thoroughly enjoyed that arch. It's still one of my favorites to date.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 05:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I would like to see what happens when Ultraman encounters the Russian Superman from Superman: Red Son. eek!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 05:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

Originally posted by no_limits
Apparently future storylines for a variety superman titles has been leaked, most noteably the chronciles of superman prime to be written by grant morrison and pencilled by Val Semeiks.

Its set less than ten years in the future in which the Man of Steel is finding a number of drastic changes occuring in his life. Vast Power surges coming at random times as his abilities soar off the charts (to unprecendented levels), whilst all his vulnerablities begin to decrease including his susceptibility to magic. He has no idea as to why and he has difficulty keeping his powers in check...........

MAJOR SPOILER

Similar to the Jet Li blockbuster 'The One', a Superman from an alternate reality (Ultraman) has been murdering all the supermen from alternate earths, thus there life force being split between the remaining survivors. Having just killed Kal-L of Earth one, only one superman remains, Kal-EL of earthg 2 our future superman prime. Forever pursued by the Lantern Corps of his universe this evil Superman will stop at nothing until his he truely is..... the last kryptonian, to turely become a God.

I am playing with myself now!!!!!

Precrisis returns, the writers of my generation rock!!

smile

rock

- FO!!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 06:24 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: spoilers - The Chronicles of Superman Prime

Crappy time travel and scifi elements aside, it fizzled.

But then again, i don't read whatever Morrison poos out with rose colored lenses, so i doubt my opinion will be popular.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 07:07 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

heard that primes power surge begins with a battle with Captain Marvel. its seem the famous magic 'shazam' lightning barely fazes him as he smashes captain marvel into submission.

dunno about you guys but i think this sucks! superman with no weaknesses is boring. there's a reason burne revamped superman, ppl forget that. ultraman vs superman red son would be cool tho

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 09:48 PM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flame On!!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lionking
heard that primes power surge begins with a battle with Captain Marvel. its seem the famous magic 'shazam' lightning barely fazes him as he smashes captain marvel into submission.

dunno about you guys but i think this sucks! superman with no weaknesses is boring. there's a reason burne revamped superman, ppl forget that. ultraman vs superman red son would be cool tho

Byrnes revamp sucked then and it sucked now.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 09:55 PM
Flame On!! is currently offline Click here to Send Flame On!! a Private Message Find more posts by Flame On!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pft. My Superboy-Prime would pwn Superman Prime.

In my idea for his return, he uses his Super Intelligence to get ahold of tech to alter his molecular structure, allowing him to metabolise ALL forms of radiation and, most importantly, to forcibly begin to drain all radiation from an area. Thus, with this power, he could not only chill out in the core of a sun, he could start sucking up every bit of radiation from it.

He'll be doing this to hundreds of stars.

He ends up with very dark, reddened skin, the S on his chest now blackened and his hair a bleached blond and longer. His eyes are red as they were depicted when he was flying at the GLs. He'll be choking current Superman and capable of breaking his neck with 2 fingers.

See? If you want to say a character is more threatening than the Anti-Monitor or the biggest threat in DC, you need to back it up and my creation would do that and then some.

Of course, before he goes about this, I'll have him punk all the veteran GLs just to show how strong plain old Superboy-Prime is.

"I'm the real Superman...the only Superman. I'm the only real hero left in this universe gone rogue. I don't wanna be in such a defective reality where every hero is actually bad... i want OUT!!"

This is where SBP beats up every hero to show he can and then bashes out of the universe and starts looking for a "right" universe.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2007 05:20 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

you idiot, superman prime would crush superboy it ent even funny how easily he would do it. heck all and DC one million have a good chance. i'd actually bet on DC one million destroying him

Old Post Mar 10th, 2007 01:22 PM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rudeness....

Call me when Superman Prime does something ON HIS OWN.

As I recall, the only feats we have for Superman Prime are having to use a GL Ring to defeat someone.

Superboy-Prime doesn't need that crap. He just can bash his way out of a place where he's not even a physical being.

Call me when Superman Prime can push his way through a 300 mile thick wall of GL willpower.

Seriously...Superman Prime just sucks right now. Done absolutely nothing on his own.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2007 08:44 PM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell, Superman 1 Million should be able to beat him. By feats, he's stronger than Superman Prime. In addition, he has Imp blood.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2007 08:46 PM
lionking

you are obviously the thickest person i've ever come across, DC one million supes draws his powers from superman prime, he's like a herald. next time u read the book get your mother to help with the big words. utterly retarded tut tut

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 02:30 AM
Deathstroke
Slayer

Is this Superman Prime thing for real? I haven't heard anything about it.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 03:29 AM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Deathstroke

Pretty sure it's bullshit

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 07:18 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Deathstroke
*sighs*

I hope not.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 02:46 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Originally posted by roughrider
The One was also not very good at the dimensions concept. Like, there is a flat number of parallel universes out there - was it just a hundred?
In reality, Ultraman should spend all the days of his existence finding his twins in other dimensions, because the number should be infinite.
Unless we all agree the DC multi-verse is a small one. big grin

not so much...nowadays as far as DC is concerned there are only 52 universes wink

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jun 26th, 2007 05:42 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

Question: I've always been under the impression that in 'The One' there were an infinite number of universes in the multiverse, just that Jet Li's character only had parallel's in 123 of them. I thought Funsch mentioned that in some, apparently inifinity - 123, a parallel may not even exist. Kind of similar to 'Unique' where the main character only exists in one universe of the entire multiverse.

I know it would be silly to think they gave names to all of them but maybe some were notable enough to name.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 04:08 AM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by lft4ded
Question: I've always been under the impression that in 'The One' there were an infinite number of universes in the multiverse, just that Jet Li's character only had parallel's in 123 of them. I thought Funsch mentioned that in some, apparently inifinity - 123, a parallel may not even exist. Kind of similar to 'Unique' where the main character only exists in one universe of the entire multiverse.

I can tell you with a good degree of certainty that you're in the wrong place.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 04:09 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote