KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Fastest comic characters

Could superman cross the speed force barrier if the universe depended on it???
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes 31 60.78%
no 20 39.22%
Total: 51 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fastest comic characters
Started by: wade217

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Mean Queen
Queen Of all you see

if im not wrong doesnt supes run the speed of light

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 07:55 AM
The Mean Queen is currently offline Click here to Send The Mean Queen a Private Message Find more posts by The Mean Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

captian marvel has actually caught up to the flash, i have never seen supes do that. But no worries enough superman fans will cry and DC will make it happen lol. Its only a comic book folks. To me both superman and captian marvel are the shit. And even though cap is still my favorite dc toon around......

Supes is still the king as far as overall abilities between the two. But by VERY,VERY little.

Supes will always remain #1 in DC. But there is no way they will ever get rid of marvel, its good to have a little rivalery at times. And cap is always up to the feet.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 08:28 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Mean Queen
if im not wrong doesnt supes run the speed of light

run, not that i've seen, but he's flown faster than light several times...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 08:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Raoul
run, not that i've seen, but he's flown faster than light several times...

He's ran just shy of C during a race with Wally and mentioned that he couldn't keep up after that.

Though, as you said, he's flown at C and has displayed superluminal reflexes on more than a single occasion.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 08:46 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Superman Prime is much faster than three Flashes.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 10:44 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Soljer
He's ran just shy of C during a race with Wally and mentioned that he couldn't keep up after that.

Though, as you said, he's flown at C and has displayed superluminal reflexes on more than a single occasion.

I like how you refer to the speed of light as "C"...that kind of thing is very much appreciated on this end. thumb up

(Though it is a lowercase "c". embarrasment)

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 02:03 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Quit compareing superman prime to either flashes or captian marvel hes on a TOTALLY diffrent level. And a godly version of superman. This reminds me of the comic book freaks that compare king thor or rune thor to the basic version of captian marvel of superman.

they are totally diffrent classes and cannot compare them to each other.

geeeesh...........

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 02:32 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by dadudemon
I like how you refer to the speed of light as "C"...that kind of thing is very much appreciated on this end. thumb up

(Though it is a lowercase "c". embarrasment)

I'm well aware, however when context isn't needed (no other variables with which to become confused), I find using capitilization increases readability substantially.

For example, if we were discussing Planck's constant, I'd be hard pressed not to use H even though it is most often represented by h.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 02:55 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by zeel
Quit compareing superman prime to either flashes or captian marvel hes on a TOTALLY diffrent level. And a godly version of superman. This reminds me of the comic book freaks that compare king thor or rune thor to the basic version of captian marvel of superman.

they are totally diffrent classes and cannot compare them to each other.

geeeesh...........
The title was fastest comic characters, I could have just been a dick and said Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 02:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The title was fastest comic characters, I could have just been a dick and said Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

While he's easily one of the most powerful characters to grace the panels of a comic, I don't recall any notable speed feats for him.

Care to enlighten me?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 04:21 AM
dadudemon

I'm well aware, however when context isn't needed (no other variables with which to become confused), I find using capitilization increases readability substantially.

For example, if we were discussing Planck's constant, I'd be hard pressed not to use H even though it is most often represented by h.

LOL, dude, I wasn't criticizing you...I was praising you for your use of "c".

Also, you can solve your problem by putting the letter in quotation marks.

Also, how many of these young men and women do you think know what "c" or "h" means in the physics world?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 07:33 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

LOL, dude, I wasn't criticizing you...I was praising you for your use of "c".

Also, you can solve your problem by putting the letter in quotation marks.

Also, how many of these young men and women do you think know what "c" or "h" means in the physics world?

Hm. I dunno about 'h,' but I'd be willing to bet that the large majority of people will recognize 'c,' if we're already discussing relativistic speeds.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 08:09 PM
dadudemon

Hm. I dunno about 'h,' but I'd be willing to bet that the large majority of people will recognize 'c,' if we're already discussing relativistic speeds.

naaah.

Maybe a poll would tell us?

Also, the top characters may be faster than 'c" which is impossible. Relativity goes out the window at those "speeds". wink It is called fiction for a reason.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 09:31 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

naaah.

Maybe a poll would tell us?

Also, the top characters may be faster than 'c" which is impossible. Relativity goes out the window at those "speeds". wink It is called fiction for a reason.

Relativity doesn't quite go out the window.

A lot of characters experience or even take advantage of relativistic effects.

Sure, the actual theory is changed/skewed/ignored in favor of a good story, but some writers actually pay a LITTLE attention to it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 10:33 PM
dadudemon

You know what happens at FTL speeds? confused

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 02:25 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

I'm not talking about FTL speeds. I'm talking about speeds approaching c.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 02:48 AM
dadudemon

Okay....then let me show you why I asked that question:

I posted..

To which you responded...

to which I responded...

No reading this new post of yours...

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

To be more on topic, I thought it was Zoom...but I don't read comics often enough to be absolutely sure.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:57 AM
darkseid1006

Originally posted by HaSon
You should tell the writers that. He and Bart were fighting so fast they were phasing through each other. Not sure how Zoom phases with no actual speed but whatever.

no zoom doesn't have speed he slows everything else down so that he appears to be fast but to every other being but himself to him he's just running normal pace its professor zoom who goes fast because he has the negative speed force on his side

Old Post Nov 9th, 2013 04:25 PM
darkseid1006 is currently offline Click here to Send darkseid1006 a Private Message Find more posts by darkseid1006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote