KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Mace Windu Respect Thread

Mace Windu Respect Thread
Started by: capt it up

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dum Dum Dugan

Mace Windu Respect Thread

MACE WINDU RESPECT THREAD

Windu is a Jedi Master of legendary status and one of the last members of the Jedi Council before the Great Jedi Purge. He possesses extensive knowledge of Jedi history and philosophy. A diplomat by nature, Master Windu is the Council's primary liaison to the Chancellor, although the Clone Wars caused him to question his firmest held beliefs and engage more in combat.
Considered a respected Jedi on par with the venerable Master Yoda, though eight centuries his junior, Windu is a senior member of the Jedi Council and along with yoda is the leader of the jedi order and council. His wisdom and power are legendary, as is the weight of his words. If Yoda is said to be the compassionate heart of the order, then Windu is its chivalrous fist.
Mace Windu is the Grand Master of all major forms of Swordsmanship in the Galaxy, as well as martial arts such as Teräs Käsi. Windu is also an excellent chief mentor and considered a wise and powerful Jedi Guardian Master of the Jedi Order. ( taken from wiki though I corrected it a bit)

FEATS OF SKILLS AND POWER.

Star Wars Clone Wars season 2 Part 1. Mace fights an army of up graded droids shows extreme skill in light saber combat and power in the force. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gQJfoUdj...ted&search=

Part 2. Mace loses his light saber and fight’s an entire army using simply hand two hand combat as well showing powerful force powers. He also show immense speed and reflexes as well as jumping close to 100 feet in the air and taking out a battle ship once he regains his light saber.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dlhb0C9Q...ted&search=

POWERFUL OPONETS MACE DEFEATED.

Mace effortlessly defeats grievous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NP...ted&search=

To show why the above is so impressive is this video and the one below it. Grievous defeats four jedi masters at once two of which are council if I am not mistaken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wf...ted&search=

Obi-Wan was able to defeat Grievous barely. Also the grievous he defeated was no were near as powerful as the one Mace defeated. Mace caused so much damage to grievous with one attack that it plagued Grievous for the rest of his life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqKvKUTElA

Mace Windu also defeats Jengo Fett the bounty hunter very fast and with relative ease in (episode 2)

In (episode 2) Jengo Fett kills many Jedi knight as well as masters easily and even defeats Obi-Wan as well if I am not mistaken. This just shows how skilled and powerful Mace is compared to other Jedi’s.

Mace Windu Defeat’s Sidious in combat some thing yoda could not even accompish.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YGVBGFbB6eI

FIGHTING STYLE

Though Mace is the grandmaster of all the Jedi styles of light saber combat as well as martial art’s he only uses one of the 7 light saber styles while in combat which is what most all Jedi do. Many jedi may learn many styles of combat however they only use the one that they feel is the most effective for there own personal use. Mace is the Grandmaster of all styles which means he is considered the most skilled Jedi at each of the 7 forms of light saber combat. Mace uses the style called Vaapad which he created. Vaapad is the most powerful style of light saber combat and requires the jedi to learn and master all the other forms of light saber combat. That however is no the only requirement. The Jedi must also be extremely powerful and to use there emotion while staying neutral. Mace is the only jedi to have ever mastered this form of Combat. Others have tried such as a few of maces padawans, however though they were able to use the style they never mastered it and were taken over by the dark side. Not even Yoda has mastered this style ( though yoda fan boys love to think he has). Mace personal variation of the Vaapad style of combat allows him to move at speeds far greater then even some of the most powerful jedi can track. Every one of his attacks are extremely accurate as well as impossibly fast even for Jedi masters standards. His moves are very direct and purposeful unlike some of the other styles that evolve acrobatics the vaapad has no need for it for the most part. In order to use the Vaapad and master it one must enjoy the thrill of battle and uses his emotion well staying completely selfless as well as neutral

MUSIC VIDEOS THAT SHOW FEATS
A music video that shows many of Mace’s feats and gives you a good sense of his skill and powers, however it is not all of his feats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEfyjOsXVP0

Another music video that quality is not as good as the first, but it shows some great reflex feats, force powers and h2h powers of mace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hN...ted&search=

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 10:49 AM
Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Sidious.fight doesnt counts. Sidious held back for Anakin to join him

Rocks are like logs.
They are simply not very interesting.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Rock a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Rock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, but great respect threadbig grin

Rocks are like logs.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Rock a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Rock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Rock

false that a simple assumption with no evidence to support it

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 02:09 PM
Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Oh, but great respect threadbig grin

thanks

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 02:10 PM
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by capt it up
false that a simple assumption with no evidence to support it

Sidious could EASILY have striken Windu when he pointed his blade at Windus stomach when WIndu was open, and WIndu was totally focused there. But Sidious didnt. And he is a master at manipulating people, this was likely a stunt to change Anakin to help himwink And the novelisation states that he did it too fool Anakin, and the script says Sidious was superiorwink

Rocks are like logs.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 03:15 PM
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both visual proofs, written proofs, and debatable proofswink

Rocks are like logs.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 03:15 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Oh, and Deepa Billaba also mastered Vaapaad.

"In the novel Shatterpoint, Mace Windu indicated that part of Depa Billaba's Vaapad blade work has even surpassed Mace Windu himself and the Vaapad he created and used."

and

"Sora Bulq was acknowledged by Mace Windu as knowing "almost as much as him"."

But they both fell to the darkside, apparently.

Also, to call it the most effective form of Lightsaber combat is inaccurate. It all depends on the situation, and exactly what you need to accomplish.

Lastly, isn't this the COMIC book respect section? I'm kind of tempted to make a 'power puff girls' respect thread, and a 'carebears' respect thread and.....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 04:36 PM
Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Both visual proofs, written proofs, and debatable proofswink

I'm not saying your right or wrong but if it's debatable, that suggests it doesn't necessarily constitute as proof so much as opinion yes

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 05:01 PM
Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

QFT.

He knew Anakin was gonna come. Earlier in the movie he told him that the Jedi were thirsty for power. Because him knowing what was going to happen, he made sure he was in the perfect place when Ani walked in.

Note: When Sids was on the floor saying "Dont kill me. So weak. So weak."....Then all of a sudden "POWER!!!" "UNLIMITED POWER!!!"

That alone lets us know that Sids was toying with Mace all along.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 05:20 PM
Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Doesn't Lucas mention in the commentary on the DVD that Sidious was going all out? That's what I heard anyways.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 05:46 PM
Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Rock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope. He havent documented the fight in a interview. And QFT, true. and Willrules, SOME of my facts were debatable, some were officialwink

Rocks are like logs.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 06:23 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Sidious could EASILY have striken Windu when he pointed his blade at Windus stomach when WIndu was open, and WIndu was totally focused there. But Sidious didnt. And he is a master at manipulating people, this was likely a stunt to change Anakin to help himwink And the novelisation states that he did it too fool Anakin, and the script says Sidious was superiorwink

False those are all accusations. The novelisation is false and I own it and it states no such thing. Novelisation is not even cannon.

Also I states mace beat sid in the official web site and states nothing about sid allows him self to be defeated.

Also maces style allows him to move at speeds well beyond any other jedi. Mace appearing to be open means nothing when he could move fast enough to dodge any attack.

All you have is bias assumptions not facts.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 07:15 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Soljer
Oh, and Deepa Billaba also mastered Vaapaad.

false that was never stated. She new the style however shenever mastered it. Wiki is full of lies don’t trust it.

"In the novel Shatterpoint, Mace Windu indicated that part of Depa Billaba's Vaapad blade work has even surpassed Mace Windu himself and the Vaapad he created and used."

False I have read the novel. Do not be fulled by wiki lies. That was never stated.

""Sora Bulq was acknowledged by Mace Windu as knowing "almost as much as him"."

Mace also said that windu stated obi-wan as being better then him in a form of light saber fighting which is false since mace was the grand master of all styles. Mace say’s a lot of things that are not true simply because of his personality. Also if I recall correctly that was never stated either. Wiki is just full of lies like when they said yoda master vaapad which is false.

""But they both fell to the darkside, apparently.

Which means they never mastered it.

Also, to call it the most effective form of Lightsaber combat is inaccurate. It all depends on the situation, and exactly what you need to accomplish.

Not really it was the greatest and most powerful style. If mastered it surpass all other styles.

Lastly, isn't this the COMIC book respect section? I'm kind of tempted to make a 'power puff girls' respect thread, and a 'carebears' respect thread and.....

Who cares?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 07:22 PM
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Windu won fair and square, Sidious was trying his best and Windu did say that Depa Billaba's blade-work surpassed his, but Windu would still defeat her and where thas it say Sidious was faking in the novel.
Mace Windu rules, 2 best behind Dooku in coolness.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OMG kill me now.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

I feel an old Alliance post being copied into this thread. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 07:41 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

we could only hope, Queeq...

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

If this thread continues much longer, I'm sure Clone Boy can't resist.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 04:13 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh for heaven's sake

1. We don't need respect threads. Keep that mentality to vs.

2. We don'ty need threads re-treading old arguments

3. We don't need threads arguing EU matters in the film areas.

Very much closed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote